LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

+87
RealGunner
Firenze
vivabarca38
Zero
Zealous
justdoit_
Vibe
andiii
Yeezus
guest7
red&blacklegion
TheRedStag
FennecFox7
Eivindo
tonger
chinomaster182
Grande_Milano
kiranr
leemhuis
Rebaño Sagrado
Doc
halamadrid2
TonyDaBeast
Emaharg
Blue Barrett
Arquitecto
7amood11
RED
Lord Awesome
Amar
windkick
rsinatra
Red Alert
dostoevsky
The Sanchez
M99
free_cat
BiasedMilanFan3
BarcaLearning
Swanhends
InterMalia
Tomwin Lannister
lenear1030
Divine Intervention
Le Samourai
chad4401
Valkyrja
the xcx
BAYERN_MUNICH
Gomez83
Cookie Monster
Rossonero23
Blue
LeSwagg James
Funkentelechy
Ganso
S
Kingofeverythingclassy
Rossoneri Ninja
zizzle
S32TABLANCA
II Capitano
Onyx
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
pUsHa
BarrileteCosmico
gondov
LeVersacci
Abramovich
Gil
Potential
Cotes
fatman123
che
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
Kick
Forza
REWB
Jonathan28
lszanto
EarlyPrototype
Dante
urbaNRoots
sportsczy
91 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 3 Empty Re: LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Adit wrote:This means Serie A will be a one horse race next season. No

Depends how Milan spend the money, that a shit load of money and if we can use the Carroll money and half our wage bill and go from 12th to 5th iam pretty sure Milan improve in a similar fashion.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 3 Empty Re: LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

Post by Dante Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Europa League is'nt too bad you can get revenge on us after we smash you in pre-season :coffee:

Judging from past Milan pre-seasons , we could even make an 11 here from GL and turn up to smash Milan during pre-season , nevermind Newcastle

You won't deal with us in the Europa League , though .

lol
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Depends how Milan spend the money, that a shit load of money and if we can use the Carroll money and half our wage bill and go from 12th to 5th iam pretty sure Milan improve in a similar fashion.
The thing is Milan will not reinvest majority of that money .

heck why should they sell thiago if it is not for absorbing money? . Its not like he want to leave Milan.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Italian and French elite clubs play their youth squads in Europa league lol... they focus their entire attention on qualifying for the CL in the following season. Won't burn out their players on Europa. The domestic cup tournaments pay more than Europa lol. Just the way it is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:14 pm

We can always do that with Ibrahimovic + Robinho money and automaticaly wages will be way lesser .

Europa League money ain't gonna help us either Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:16 pm

Don't believe that, for one second, he would consider stepping down leagues and clubs.

If this does happen, however, there are advantages and disadvantages. The real disadvantage of this is that AC Milan will lose their best player and the best defender in the Serie A (overall). I rate him higher than Ibrahimovic, the reason being that when Milan have been poor, Silva has usually defended exceptionally well, and the other reason is that Ibrahimovic is replaceable; Silva isn't. The advantage, or whatever you want to call it, of this deal is that Milan can use the money to really build a strong team, add more depth to the side, and sort out position they are weak in, for instance, a couple of new centre-backs, midfielders, and a left back.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Adit wrote:

The thing is Milan will not reinvest majority of that money .

heck why should they sell thiago if it is not for absorbing money? . Its not like he want to leave Milan.

If that's the case then yeah your right but i would be very angry if the money was'nt invested back into the team if i was a Milan fan.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:Italian and French elite clubs play their youth squads in Europa league lol... they focus their entire attention on qualifying for the CL in the following season. Won't burn out their players on Europa. The domestic cup tournaments pay more than Europa lol. Just the way it is.

Domestic cups dont pay more than Europa.

Fa cup,Copa del rey,Copa italia all pays less than Europa price money that is 8 mill euros total.

Teams dont take Europa seriously because it is harder to win than FA cup,copa delrey or copa italia. Simple.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:31 pm

I didn't explain myself properly Adit... my bad. In order to truly compete in Europa, you need to commit yourself to it in terms of squad and investment. France and Italy top teams all compete for CL spots and that is a much bigger prize in terms of money than Europa. Winning the domestic cup is less expensive, less taxing on squad and more prestigious than the Europa in these 2 countries. Payout is pretty good too for cup (2 mil in France). The payout of the Europa is not enough of a benefit to make these teams concentrate on them at the expense of their CL spot campaign. In domestic cups, you can actually get pretty far with your B teams since you're playing lower division clubs for several rounds. In Europa, you can't get away with it... which is why France and Italy clubs often get knocked out early.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Yeah literally teams take domestic cups more seriously than Europa because Europa league is harder to win than those cups.

Teams dont want to tire them out playing tough matches in europa league so they chooses domestic cups which is a level below to Europa league in terms of competitiveness.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:36 pm

@ Mole

We got a bit more than 80m after we sold Gourcuff & Kaka and guess what ;
we gave a few for Huntelaar and that's it . The rest signings don't even play at Milan anymore , except Abate..

Speaking as a Milan fan , i would be more like bitch please if it happens again , i have vast experience from similar butt pain :coffee:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Dont Milan supposedly have Berlusconi's money to rebuild? And havent they offloaded like 7 old players? Selling the heart of the team is going to put them back immensely. I dont see them ending in EL places though, the quality of the opposition in Serie A simply isnt good enough.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Milan fans, we know how it feels

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 3 I-know-that-feel
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Dante wrote:@ Mole

we gave a few for Huntelaar and that's it . The rest signings don't even play at Milan anymore , except Abate..

Speaking as a Milan fan , i would be more like bitch please if it happens again , i have vast experience from similar butt pain :coffee:

Oh iam sorry Sad i would have at least expected the money would be re-invested be that players, contracts for existing players, improving youth development etc etc.

To just put it into Berlesconi's pocket is disappointing Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Dante wrote:@ Mole

Oh iam sorry Sad i would have at least expected the money would be re-invested be that players, contracts for existing players, improving youth development etc etc.

To just put it into Berlesconi's pocket is disappointing Sad
...along with the other *bleep* ing 6 billion dollars he has
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Keep in mind the 2 assets that make up 80% of Berlusconi's fortune:

- Mediaset was at 3.48 euros a share 12 months ago... and it's now at 1.27 euros per share

- Banca Mediolanum which obviously has taken a massive hit with Italian and european banking troubles

- He also had to pay a judgement of several hundred million euros in the past 12 months.

Berlu is not broke lol. But i doubt he's very liquid at all right now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:58 pm

I'm speechless ...

Bonera/Yepes/Acerbi/Abate/Antonini/Mesbah/Emanuelson
Spoiler:
@ posters thinking we'll spend any money we make from transfers on players

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 3 3637101_300
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:03 pm

If this happens how can Milan be a Top Club. This is suicide,you sell the best CB in the world who is still quite young & in his prime,has a long term contract,no stupid wages & is loyal.

Whoever you replace him with will be a Step Down. This is only going to lower the quality. Not Not good. If I was Milan Director I would have solid Pato first because he is way too injury prone & Milan have too many forwards. Then maybe Robinho although no one would pay for him.

Silva would be the last guy I would sell. For Milan's sake & for their fans I hope this does not happen.

The French League is going to gather too much co-efficients with PSG's money. They slipped to 6th. Mayb they will climb up now.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Honestly couldnt care less about Milan but this is a bad move for Serie A.

I think you can bet your ass on it,Ibra is gonna leave this summer now.

Van Persie can win some silverware next season ,this should convince him to come :coffee:

dreaming
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Surag wrote:Honestly couldnt care less about Milan but this is a bad move for Serie A.

Van Persie can win some silverware next season ,this should convince him to come :coffee:

dreaming

RVP's wage demands are huge. This is his last big contract & he will probably want atleast 9-10M a season. I doubt if you can afford him,he is very injury prone & it is to be seen how he handles himself in the physical Seria A.

Other than I feel bad for Milan fans & their Europa League cries. Having to sell the best defender & that also for 40M because if Ferdinan was worth 45Million plus for United,then Silva in 2012 is worth atleast 50+ in this inflated market

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Seems like Astori is 'top' priority for their defense.

Abate-Astori-Mexes-Emmanuelson

What a LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 3 Flashfap worthy defense.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:13 pm

UEFA league coefficient adds the total of the last 6 years. Ligue 1 has been over 10.5 every year except 2007-2008 where it was a putrid 6.928 (10th in Europe lol). That disappears from the equation this year. We'll jump to a total of 62+ since we will definitely get our usual 10.5 this year and likely more with PSG... that puts as at #4.... ahead of Serie A.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Dante wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:If we let Thiago go to PSG :facepalm:

well , you don't have a say on this . Barcelona will be the last club Milan would look to sell Silva and since you aren't going to match PSG offer by any means ,

you can keep that facepalm going Thumbs up
Like you have any idea what you're talking about :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Wow actually speaking League 1 might overtake Serie A in coefficients..

Serie A looks really like Red Giant.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
Surag wrote:Honestly couldnt care less about Milan but this is a bad move for Serie A.

dreaming

RVP's wage demands are huge. This is his last big contract & he will probably want atleast 9-10M a season. I doubt if you can afford him,he is very injury prone & it is to be seen how he handles himself in the physical Seria A.

Other than I feel bad for Milan fans & their Europa League cries. Having to sell the best defender & that also for 40M because if Ferdinan was worth 45Million plus for United,then Silva in 2012 is worth atleast 50+ in this inflated market

Laughing Laughing

Last edited by REWB on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:UEFA league coefficient adds the total of the last 6 years. Ligue 1 has been over 10.5 every year except 2007-2008 where it was a putrid 6.928 (10th in Europe lol). That disappears from the equation this year. We'll jump to a total of 62+ since we will definitely get our usual 10.5 this year and likely more with PSG... that puts as at #4.... ahead of Serie A.

Italy has been getting more points than france in the last 4 years so even if 07/08 no longer counts what makes you think france will surpass italy this year as well
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next