Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forza
Art Morte
Die Borussen
guest7
60 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Group C: Spain vs Italy discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Group C: Spain vs Italy discussion

Post by Potential Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:53 am

Spain used 6 midfielders to try and dominate Italy's midfield but Pirlo was too much for them :coffee:

Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Group C: Spain vs Italy discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Group C: Spain vs Italy discussion

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:58 am

Potential wrote:Spain used 6 midfielders to try and dominate Italy's midfield but Pirlo was too much for them :coffee:

Clearly... :facepalm:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:11 pm

paxtonpale wrote:
Potential wrote:Spain used 6 midfielders to try and dominate Italy's midfield but Pirlo was too much for them :coffee:

Clearly... :facepalm:
well, Pirlo did pretty much run straight through the midfield with the ball before making the assist. Wink
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Italy were lucky.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Mamad wrote:Italy were lucky.

lol. Spain were lucky that Balotelli doesn't have a brain and that Motta couldn't convert his chance.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Great match imho, best in the tournament so far. I was kind of talking out of my ass when I said Italy would win this, though I have some reasoning for this: Spain might have the more obvious star players, but Italy don't have a weak point. All players are at least of international class, while Spains defence still is kind of "meh".

In the end I agree with all the reasonable people: Torres was horrible, Spain is like Barca minus Messi and REALLY needs a proper striker or at least an AM capable of scoring probably, you can't always depend on walking the ball straight into the net.

And finally I feel, considering the way the match went, Spain were lucky to get away with a draw. Yes, they might have won it since Torres had two great chances, but TBH Italy just looked more dangerous throughout.

When Spain went to have a go at the Italy defence I always expected the guy who was free in front of goal to still pass sideways to another player, and they always did, while Italy actually went for it, and were a bit unlucky to not run away with the win here.

They were equal enough though, and Spain improved A LOT after they went one down, so I really think the draw is okayish in the end. It still feels like Italy were a bit unlucky there, but Spain really did show up when they were chasing the game.

I hope they don't always play like that :p
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:50 pm

4-6-0 was a joke...
Spain should never try to play with that formation.
Torres did a good job and if he played from 1st min Spain may had a chance to win?
Cesc was sh*t.
I think the best players for Italy were De Rossi,Pirlo=beast,Gigi and Cassano/Di Natale
Iniesta for Spain...
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Mamad wrote:Italy were lucky.

Not in the slightest. One could easily argue that Italy had better scoring chances than Spain, despite their lack of possession. If you'd like to elaborate on your stupid opinion I'd be glad to hear you out though.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:00 pm

None was lucky. Both had a fair amount of chances and both were robbed by the brilliance of both goalkeepers.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Group C: Spain vs Italy discussion - Page 8 AvIx0dqCQAA2K89

Laughing :bow:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Se7en wrote:Group C: Spain vs Italy discussion - Page 8 AvIx0dqCQAA2K89

Laughing :bow:

Is it something about Spain supporters?
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8