Zealous
SchinnerC
zizzle
Mamad
billionmillion
39 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Group B: Germany vs Portugal discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Group B: Germany vs Portugal discussion

Post by Adit Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Podolski and Muller were Useless.Gomez was not involved but cant blame him because its not his role to create.

Guys who played well were Shweinin-Khedira and Ozil. Wide players were bad which resulted in Coentrao having a excellent game.

Pereira was awful positionaly and looked nervous whole game yet Podolski rarely did anything not worthy.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Group B: Germany vs Portugal discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Group B: Germany vs Portugal discussion

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:You forget the point that Boateng covered CR7 on his own. Any other team would double him. Of course, he looked more suspect but he didn't let him pass through which is an achievement.

He never covered him on his own.

Ronaldo came 1 on 1 vs him three times.
First two he created dangerous chances whilst Boateng was just owned.
He then got his ass handed to him when he got booked.
He did not even have 1 successful tackle on Ronaldo throughout 90 minutes. He made one very important block which was the only notable thing and Boateng deserves credit for that.
He was also just watching Ronaldo when he over lapped and created the sitter for Nani who should have scored.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:57 pm

This was Ozil's worst game I have seen. He is always a boss with the NT,not so much. Basti is not the Bastia of 2010,he looks like he is carrying an injury & playing safe.

Very dissapointed with Ronaldo. I was really hoping he would do something great to cause a draw. Its okay I guess. He has another chance.

Portugal must beat Denmark. IF Denmark win they are through. C-Ronaldo I am with you mate, I will cheer for you in that match,hope you find your balls & do some wonder,magical goal to beat Denmark.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:16 pm

"The Sun": Christiano Ronaldo finally ran out of goals as Jerome Boateng made amends for his naughty night on the town.

:coffee:
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Real Madrid and C.Ronaldo fans are always blind.

I'm not surprise a bit, Boateng sold goat milk to Ronaldo all night long.

Forget me trying to frustrate Kingofeverythingclassy But I sincerely like Robben but got to agree he played badly yesterday and if Ribery plays badly against England I'll accept it as well. But C.Ronaldo fans are just too blind to even see the truth..

All Ronaldo could do was pathetic leg overs, where I'm from we call that beautiful nonsense if you can't make nothing out of it..

Badstuber was also good, I'm surprised people are saying he had a bad game, the only thing I didn't like were his tackle and how he's trying too hard to take control of the defense in terms of off the ball moment and general leadership, he should leave that to Lahm and Hummels..

Last edited by The Messiah on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

That match so boring i was struggling to stay awake. No one from both teams in did anything of note in those 90 minutes.

And lol at the Ronaldo roasted Boateng comments. Just lol.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:53 pm

i watched the game and always thought ' Löw, y u no bring Reus, dafuq'
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:55 pm

I think Ronaldo did great throughout the game, only poor finishing from Varela and Nanis decision making cost the game.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Germany keeps a lucky clean sheet and "omfg Ronaldo was shut down" "he flopped" blah blah usual nonsense lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:00 pm

He did alright I guess though didn't he throw away the captain armband at the end of the game or something like that?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:05 pm

This is what Christina did all night long, pathetic leg overs, over and over again. End Result Boateng force him to make wasteful crosses or just simply block the ball or tackle him.

No space for him to cut in and shoot, at some point I was asking myself this question. Is Christina here to dance or here to play football...? I also like the fact that Loew asked only Boateng to take on Christina, no support from Hummels or whatsoever.

Next match against Holland he'll destroy their right back, he'll cut in and shoot but against Germany he had Boateng milk all night long, to the extent he had to change his hair style and shirt at half time.

What a pathetic player, who change their hairstyle and shirt at half time, from long sleeve to short sleeves, who does this type of lame shiit...?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:09 pm

He had a few shots though.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:14 pm

If you think that was owning Ronaldo then Coentrao made Muller pregnant.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:15 pm

I'm shocked.
I'm totally with Idrisozet on this, did you guys even watch the game? (Ok I'm not fully with Idrisozet, but his point remains valid, Boateng did very very well, and Ronaldo really did not do much. Too little for the most expensive player in the world, I'd say) Yes Ronaldo blew past Boateng one or twice, sure, but if we're going by that, Podolski and Müller beat their markers way more often.

Boateng, Hummels and Badstuber were Germanys best players, I don't even know how someone would write that Özil and Schweini had a good game, because they were horrible (by their standards) - Müller was decent, Poldi started off well, but got considerably weaker as the match went on. Who really worked were the defensive players. Lahm sucked a bit, but was ok defensively.

But Khedira, Hummels, Badstuber, Boateng - all of them utter class. Especially Hummels and Boateng were awesome.
Hummels won like every single 1on1 in the last 15 to 20 minutes of the match, Boateng actually did fire in a couple good crosses, which he has never done before, and Badstuber had one mistake in his positioning in the entire match. I am satisfied with our defensive performance.

But oh boy our offense. Oh boy. They sucked hard. I really don't know why Löw didn't introduce a more mobile player for the last 30 or so minutes, like Reus, Schürrle, or Götze.
Sure, it worked out fine in the end, but Müller and Podolski are our power wingers, our counter-attackers, they're not the ones who are good at breaking down a solid defense, like Portugal had. That's where we need our creative subs.

Last edited by VivaStPauli on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:16 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:If you think that was owning Ronaldo then Coentrao made Muller pregnant.

lol....A Fullback making a winger pregnant....lol

your logic
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:18 pm

The Messiah wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:If you think that was owning Ronaldo then Coentrao made Muller pregnant.

your logic
Not only did he make him pregnant, but he is getting nightmares now too.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:23 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

your logic

lulz.

Muller is celebrating a German win and Christina is still crying about Portugal deserve a draw.

speaking of night-mares... hmm

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:24 pm

The Messiah wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

your logic

lulz.

Muller is celebrating a German win and Christina is still crying about Portugal deserve a draw.

speaking of night-mares... hmm

Indeed he is celebrating still scarred for life though. :coffee:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Portugal had the better of the chances than Germany so saying Germany defense was good doesnt say much. I found slowstubber very slow to react and very very shaky on a high line. Boeteng was on his back foot every time Ronaldo came against him and he did beat him but the player receiving final ball is fking postiga and not Gomez or Higuain lol. CR did relatively well considering the service he had and the players he had to link up with. He certainly didnt have the worst of a game as Idrizozet want to portray. Lahm was defensively meh too.

Muller and podolski were fking awful..Im wondering why Low didnt sub in any of Gotze or Shrulle.

Ozil's game depends on link up plays and his role in germany is to drift to the wings and overload there by linking up .He did his part well too,the wide players sucked donkey balls. Coentrao totally dominated the left flank and muller had no answer.

Both team hesitated to push men forward,especially Portugal. Which resulted in a very boring game.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Ronaldo was his usual self. He does not create chances very well and the few that he created were quite useless because there was no one to finish them. So he was not bad, but he did not own anybody.

I thought the German defense had a good game precisely because they were facing Portugal counter-attacks and fended off most of the attacks well.

Also, the illusion of better chances comes when a team is playing counter-attack and defending with numbers at the back. Don't get fooled by it as the Germans had a few decent chances like Portugal too.

In the end the result was pretty much deserved and Ronaldo is just serving up a dish of sour grapes. He needs to play better if Portugal wants to get out of the group.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:37 pm

vizkosity wrote:
white_star wrote:He is so useless for Portugal it's not even funny anymore, just sad. Ronaldo to be the flop of Euro 2012.
mersacker's season isn't quite as nice....and the guy is not very dynamic when it comes to speed? I think he's the slowest defender in germany
this

juventus101 wrote:Podolski had a good game. His shooting was unusually off, but other than that he played prefty good. Hes still a sure starter on the team in my opinion and in my.opinion Schurrle doesnt have a chance of taking that from him. Also, he hut the wall with his free kick because he was aiming to go through the hole in the wall created by his teammate, who was in the wall and supposed to get out of the way, but his teammate never got out of the way. Certainly not at his best today, but still played good.

Mertesacker shouldnt start. I thought Hummels and Badstuber had a good game besides a few scary moments, but thats expected in one of their first games togsther. They still didnt cause any goals with thise little mistakes, so they did well. Theyll just get better with time. Boateng had a bit of a rough time, but was still decent. He also went up against Ro.aldo all game, so that considered, he did pretty well. One time Ronaldo juked him so bad he almost fell down though lol. But otherwise he did well. Mertesacker also shouldnt start because he hasnt played in many months for Arsenal. Cant rely on someone whose been injurdd for 6 months.

Decent game though. Germany were certainly not at their best though still, but still got a hard fought win. Still a bit off form it seems. It was an obgiius improvement over the France and Swiss games, but still not at their best. I expect them to pick it up in the next games though.

I know hes slow but remember he was great at the WC....and hes been out and not good form.... got it. Although how long has it been since Hummel broke into the NT first team? Cos I still saw Mertesacker start in the warm up friendlies...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Portugal played with 3 defensive Midfielders, how do you expect Germany to make anything from the wing, when you have Meireles, Moutinho and Veloso drifting to full back position at all time and helping them out...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:52 pm

kiranr wrote:
Ronaldo was his usual self. He does not create chances very well and the few that he created were quite useless because there was no one to finish them. So he was not bad, but he did not own anybody.

I thought the German defense had a good game precisely because they were facing Portugal counter-attacks and fended off most of the attacks well.

Also, the illusion of better chances comes when a team is playing counter-attack and defending with numbers at the back. Don't get fooled by it as the Germans had a few decent chances like Portugal too.

In the end the result was pretty much deserved and Ronaldo is just serving up a dish of sour grapes. He needs to play better if Portugal wants to get out of the group.

I enjoyed that Twisted Evil
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:32 pm

"The German Football Association [DFB] is charged with the throwing of missiles by their supporters, while the Portuguese Football Federation [FPF] faces proceedings for a delayed kick-off to the second half," the statement reads.

"The Uefa Control and Disciplinary Body will deal with the case on Thursday 14 June."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:59 pm

So doing two crosses and a long shot directly to the keeper is man of the match? No wonder Portugal lost lmfao, the match was overall boring the forwards for Germany will bounce back to usual form so no need to worry about that.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Adit wrote:Portugal had the better of the chances than Germany so saying Germany defense was good doesnt say much. I found slowstubber very slow to react and very very shaky on a high line. Boeteng was on his back foot every time Ronaldo came against him and he did beat him but the player receiving final ball is fking postiga and not Gomez or Higuain lol. CR did relatively well considering the service he had and the players he had to link up with. He certainly didnt have the worst of a game as Idrizozet want to portray. Lahm was defensively meh too.

Muller and podolski were fking awful..Im wondering why Low didnt sub in any of Gotze or Shrulle.

Ozil's game depends on link up plays and his role in germany is to drift to the wings and overload there by linking up .He did his part well too,the wide players sucked donkey balls. Coentrao totally dominated the left flank and muller had no answer.

Both team hesitated to push men forward,especially Portugal. Which resulted in a very boring game.

Muller was very good I thought, its Podolski thats the problem, his general play is just not good enough at all....bring Kroos in.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4