Ganso
Onyx
samcooke1991
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

England vs France - The Key Battles Empty England vs France - The Key Battles

Post by samcooke1991 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 am

After a depressing pub chat with mates last night and their views that we stand zero chance of beating France I thought I'd try to prove how we certainly do have a chance , rooney or no rooney and whether ribery's on form or not ! Here's a piece on the key battles (Parker vs Diarra, Benzema v Hart etc etc) which attempts to prove we do still have a chance .

What do people reckon some of the key battles are, and moreover, CAN WE BEAT LES BLEUS !?!

http://blog.oddslife.com/2012/06/euro-2012-england-v-france-the-key-battles/
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

England vs France - The Key Battles Empty Re: England vs France - The Key Battles

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:34 am

England can just park the bus and do what Chelsea did imo. There's no point attempting to play possession football when technically the players aren't the best and even the lower sides outplay England. Use Young and Walcott's pace to counter-attack, use Carroll as a target man etc etc. Terry and Lescott are good enough in defense, plus there's also Hart, Cole and Johnson.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

England vs France - The Key Battles Empty Re: England vs France - The Key Battles

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:36 am

you know england is in a bad situation when a key battle is Benzema vs the GK instead of Benzema vs a defender

honestly though,lets see how it goes,i definitely dont think england will go down easily,they still have some quality players.parking the bus tactic can beat any team
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:45 am

Ganso wrote:you know england is in a bad situation when a key battle is Benzema vs the GK instead of Benzema vs a defender

honestly though,lets see how it goes,i definitely dont think england will go down easily,they still have some quality players.parking the bus tactic can beat any team

I know Cahill is out but Lescott more than capable. Striker vs Gk Laughing
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BeamsvilleGooner Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:20 am

Agree, sit back and counter vs. France. Rib is going to get his chances no matter what we do. There is certainly a chance for a positive result. I think we can still have a proper go at Sweden, and certainly Ukraine.

mtfootball wrote:England can just park the bus and do what Chelsea did imo. There's no point attempting to play possession football when technically the players aren't the best and even the lower sides outplay England. Use Young and Walcott's pace to counter-attack, use Carroll as a target man etc etc. Terry and Lescott are good enough in defense, plus there's also Hart, Cole and Johnson.

BeamsvilleGooner
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://lastwordonsports.com/category/twoleftcleats/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:55 am

France forward line is good enough to score 1 goal against any parked bus, England will be lucky to get a point from this match.Key battle will be obviously Benz vs the CBs and Benz will destroy both Terry or Lolcott.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:13 am

Its going to be a draw.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:57 am

i am sincerely hoping for a draw
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:00 am

i read that only half of the English fans' allocated seats for this game wee sold.

guess all the racism issues really put people off, a real same because i think this will be a cracking match
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:03 am

My prediction for this match will be that France wont win. Let's see how it works out.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:08 am

England vs France - The Key Battles 579295_397004753669374_474418171_n

sexy fc :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:00 pm

It's difficult to tell really , but the one who's going to write England off will be surprised ..
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:04 pm

benzema vs captain.leader.legend aka lionheart is going to be fun
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:03 pm

France is the better team, but at the first sign of trouble they will lose the plot
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:06 pm

samcooke1991 wrote:After a depressing pub chat with mates last night and their views that we stand zero chance of beating France I thought I'd try to prove how we certainly do have a chance , rooney or no rooney and whether ribery's on form or not ! Here's a piece on the key battles (Parker vs Diarra, Benzema v Hart etc etc) which attempts to prove we do still have a chance .

What do people reckon some of the key battles are, and moreover, CAN WE BEAT LES BLEUS !?!

Would'nt it be Cabaye v Parker and Diarra v Gerrard.... as Parker will have to stop Cabaye being as he's the creative threat for France in midfield and Diarra will have to stop Gerrard in the same fashion....

Anyway the real battles will be Ribery and Benzema vs the England backline.

Considering how we plan to play and going forward it will be our wide players against thier fullbacks and Welbeck against Mexes.

BTW dont be fooled, iam English i just have the french flag on my profile to support Cabaye and Ben Arfa as iam a Newcastle fan Smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Bryand insists that M'Vila is recovering well from the injury but admits that the 21-year-old's chances of making the match squad for the encounter against the Three Lions look slim.

"We are doing our best to make him fit," he told RMC. "His sprained ankle is healing very quickly and in a spectacular way.

"But right now we are not optimistic about his involvement in the match against England."

M'Vila, who broke into Rennes' first team in 2009, has 19 appearances to his name for Les Bleus.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by samcooke1991 Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:56 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
samcooke1991 wrote:After a depressing pub chat with mates last night and their views that we stand zero chance of beating France I thought I'd try to prove how we certainly do have a chance , rooney or no rooney and whether ribery's on form or not ! Here's a piece on the key battles (Parker vs Diarra, Benzema v Hart etc etc) which attempts to prove we do still have a chance .

Would'nt it be Cabaye v Parker and Diarra v Gerrard.... as Parker will have to stop Cabaye being as he's the creative threat for France in midfield and Diarra will have to stop Gerrard in the same fashion....

Anyway the real battles will be Ribery and Benzema vs the England backline.

Considering how we plan to play and going forward it will be our wide players against thier fullbacks and Welbeck against Mexes.

BTW dont be fooled, iam English i just have the french flag on my profile to support Cabaye and Ben Arfa as iam a Newcastle fan Smile

Yeah definitely, by the Parker - Diarra one I basically meant who would do the better job of playing the important defensive midfield role . One that'll be majorly important for this game - Diarra will have to protect a shaky French central defence whereas Parker has the unenviable task of trying to help his defence against the likes of Ribery etc.
You don't reckon Roy'll go with Andy Carroll then? I'm hoping for Welbeck as well
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:12 am

Who are they going to have in defense? Welbeck is very easy to mark out of a game.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:34 am

If France play with Rami-Mexes , england stands a chance

but with kos - Rami , they could find it hard to score even 1 goal
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:44 am

England, if they play defensively, I think can make it very difficult and actually perform above expectation.

Minus some exceptions (Germany 10', Brazil 02) England generally do better against the stronger sides where they are forced into the underdog role and can play defensively.

The more possession France have, the better chance England probably have..strange as that is to say.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 pm

The England team visited an orphanage in Poland today.

"It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope." said Igor, aged 6. Laughing Razz
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Lord Hades wrote:The England team visited an orphanage in Poland today.

"It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope." said Igor, aged 6. Laughing Razz

I just logged in to post this Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:17 pm

haha , it was funny though

i think england will actually play a very competent game in the tournament, virtually no one is backing them lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Lord Hades wrote:The England team visited an orphanage in Poland today.

I logged in just to say that this is brilliant, regardless of how well England does.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:33 pm

The really funny part is that I know this joke since at least 2006 - and it is STILL true Laughing
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next