donttreadonred
Blue Barrett
RedOranje
lenear1030
BarcaLearning
Guiltybystander
12 posters

Go down

Kuyt to Fenerbahce!  Empty Kuyt to Fenerbahce!

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:10 pm

Bye Liverpool, after 6 years.

Did well the first years, but of course very disappointing final year.
In general, he is kind of past it.

(I thought it kind of deserved a thread... But delete if Transfer thread is sufficient)
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Kuyt to Fenerbahce!  Empty Re: Kuyt to Fenerbahce!

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Probably deserves more regonistion from Liverpool fans.... he did very well for long periods, although never were the best player, similar to for Netherlands....but able to play consistently and offer a lot on the flank... surprised going to Fenerbache though, not exactly an elite club of Europe...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:31 pm

for some reason i just never liked this guy, but he was still a pretty solid player. not the most skilled, but works his tail off during games and is effective.

dont follow liverpool that closely, but it seemed like downing played more than he did lol
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Probably deserves more regonistion from Liverpool fans.... he did very well for long periods, although never were the best player, similar to for Netherlands....but able to play consistently and offer a lot on the flank... surprised going to Fenerbache though, not exactly an elite club of Europe...
Liverpool fans are generally the only ones that did recognise him.

lenear1030 wrote:for some reason i just never liked this guy, but he was still a pretty solid player. not the most skilled, but works his tail off during games and is effective.

dont follow liverpool that closely, but it seemed like downing played more than he did lol
Downing generally played on the left, Kuyt played on the right or up top. They weren't competing for a place so that's an odd comparison to make.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:15 am

I do think Rafa used him quite well.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:59 am

RedOranje wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Probably deserves more regonistion from Liverpool fans.... he did very well for long periods, although never were the best player, similar to for Netherlands....but able to play consistently and offer a lot on the flank... surprised going to Fenerbache though, not exactly an elite club of Europe...
Liverpool fans are generally the only ones that did recognise him.

lenear1030 wrote:for some reason i just never liked this guy, but he was still a pretty solid player. not the most skilled, but works his tail off during games and is effective.

Downing generally played on the left, Kuyt played on the right or up top. They weren't competing for a place so that's an odd comparison to make.

i didn't mean it in the sense of downing taking kuyt's place, just as a comparison of two players in the team. One a proven, effective player in the tea, and the other, a new purchase to the team that performed horribly all season and ended up seemingly playing more
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:06 am

He was a true servant in every sense of the word. He always did what the club asked. If we needed him up top, he played up top. When we needed an attacking winger, he filled that need. He never stopped working, and though he had his limitations, put in some memorable performances for the club.

He was never going to be a superstar, but he did everything asked of him and never stopped working. It will be odd seeing the club without him next season, but it was time for him to move on. It's best that he moves on to give more chances to new, younger players that fit more into Rodgers's system.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:21 am

lenear1030 wrote:
i didn't mean it in the sense of downing taking kuyt's place, just as a comparison of two players in the team. One a proven, effective player in the tea, and the other, a new purchase to the team that performed horribly all season and ended up seemingly playing more

Kuyt had a horrible season as well, lenear. When he did play he struggled, largely because his stamina has dropped as he has aged.

Further, Downing was brought in to fill a role in the side while Kuyt's general role was mean to be phased out as the club went for a different style. Too many factors in both their seasons to make any comparisons or draw any conclusions.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 am

Kuyt :bow:
Always had a soft spot for players like him who work hard for a full 90mins no matter what. He never was amongst the best wingers in the PL but he always gave 100%
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:56 am

Very good poacher always wondered how he would of done playing up front, mostly used on the wing though.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by launchpad Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:11 am

Nice Player. Premier League will miss him.
launchpad
launchpad
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:07 am

He will do well at Fenerbahce. Any time I watched Liverpool he was always playing well
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:13 pm

I agree, likable type of player.... unless u want him to offer class consistently Laughing Hard worker all the time, could be bad or good for Liverpool, depending if they find a better replacement!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:26 am

A few years ago, a former player of mine from my time at CF Extremadura, Igor Gluscevic, was singing the praises of a team mate of his at Utrecht. The player in question he was always talking about was a certain Dirk Kuyt. He told me that he was so impressive in his work rate and sacrifice for the team. He worked his socks off from the first minute to the last but also he could score goals for fun. As if this wasn’t enough he was a great mate and an excellent professional. He would be a great signing with a consistent level for any side.

Some time later, in August 2006, Liverpool FC, where I was the manager, were looking for a good striker and a right sided midfielder with a good work rate and stamina. But as was always the case, we only had enough money for one of them so I had to choose which one to prioritise. As things happened, I decided that the striker was the priority and a few days later the same Dirk Kuyt signed for LFC from Feyenoord who had brought him from Utrecht. There has not been a single day, not one, when I regretted that decision, in fact it has been the complete opposite. If there is anything I have learnt from experience it is that the signing of Kuyt gave me a player for an exceptional team, as he was versatile, committed, professional and exemplary in his behaviour on and off the field.

As Gluscevic had said, he was an excellent profesional and team mate. But the tall Montenegran didn’t tell me that he was also very effective. His quick turns have surprised many a defender in the Premier League and his involvement in the game was constant. He could play in any attacking position and always knew what he had to do anticipating the situation. He set examples which speak volumes for his form, his commitment and sacrifice for the team. When no-one showed to receive from a throw-in there was always the willing and ever ready Dirk. If you needed someone to get in to position to finish, of course it would be him. When you needed someone to run behind the defence against Milan to create space between the lines for Gerrard again it had to be Kuyt. If you needed one last effort to help against a defender who was getting forward, Dirk Kuyt did it willingly as if he would do it ad infinitum.

A lot of people talk of players who play for the shirt and their loyalty, but I can tell you that in my opinion, in my career as a coach, I don’t know of many players who have played for the Liverpool shirt like he did from the day he arrived to the last second he played for that red shirt. Never, not once, did he complain about having to play in a different role or out of position to help the cause. Not everyone can say the same. He was always the first to train, to improve, to progress and to set an example, he was a true team mate in all senses of the word on the pitch and a model human being off it.

Those who count these things say that he has played 285 matches for LFC and has scored 71 goals, 51 in the Premier League. That’s not bad at all. Especially if we take in to account that they are icing on the cake of all his assets which statistics don’t show: the contribution and good he brought to the team with his industry, his thoroughness, his sacrifice, his generosity and camaraderie.

These are simple things, notes in the margin of a story created from a philosophy engrained with playing for the team, but I remember when he scored in the final in Athens to give us a lifeline when we were running out of time. Also his important goals, in the same competition against Inter Milan, Arsenal or Chelsea. Of all Kuyt’s goals I remember the one he got in the 118th minute of the legendary game against Standard Liege at Anfield which took Liverpool form the qualifiers to the group stages of the Champions League that year.

His three goals against United and the decisive part he played coming on from the bench to win the Carling Cup last season will always stick in the memory of true Liverpool fans. There are so many good things you can say about Dirk Kuyt that they are too numerous to go in this simple and sincere note of thanks.

A player, a footballer is leaving Liverpool but above all they are losing a good person, an excellent professional, a great example for all to follow. And I couldn’t resist dedicating these few lines of thanks.

The best of luck in your new venture, Dirk. You deserve it.

Rafa Benítez.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarContenidos&idioma=in&co=1613
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Class act by Benitez. Indeed , very few players have been so hard working on the pitch and even less which were forwards . Rare player .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:46 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Probably deserves more regonistion from Liverpool fans....

This is wrong.
Kuyt <3
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum