Chelsea get Pep talk (Gimmick from the Sun)

+4
the xcx
Shed
Blue Barrett
launchpad
8 posters

Go down

Chelsea get Pep talk (Gimmick from the Sun) Empty Chelsea get Pep talk (Gimmick from the Sun)

Post by launchpad Wed May 30, 2012 4:06 am

Gimmick from 'The Sun ' probably.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4345616/Pep-Guardiola-tells-Roman-Abramovich-Lets-talk-business.html
launchpad
launchpad
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Chelsea get Pep talk (Gimmick from the Sun) Empty Re: Chelsea get Pep talk (Gimmick from the Sun)

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 4:29 am

You could post this in the Rumour Mill.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Chelsea get Pep talk (Gimmick from the Sun) Empty Re: Chelsea get Pep talk (Gimmick from the Sun)

Post by Shed Wed May 30, 2012 4:34 am

I don't want Pep to be honest. Even if they don't appoint Robbie, I don't want Pep. His style would take awhile to implement, and our team is far away from being one able to play it. Not to mention, if Roman didn't have the patience to wait for AVB's attacking style, just think how he'll be having to wait for Pep's tiki-taka.

On top of that, I'm not sure Pep is as good as Barca's record suggests. Now, I'm not one of those morons who says the team ran itself and he was just a spectator, but he has shown lack of tactical nous, this year especially. If you watched any of Barca's games this season when they were struggling to break the opponent down (particularly in the away games at the beginning of the season, where they first incurred the deficit to Real Madrid that ended up costing them the title), he seemed clueless about what to do about it. Not to mention our games against them this year. He knew 5 minutes into the first leg that that would be how we were going to play for the entire 180 mins, yet he did absolutely nothing about it. FFS, we were down to 10 men at the Camp Nou, with both of our centerbacks off, and he STILL had no clue how to change things up and attain what should have been an easy victory for them, all things considered. They looked like a bunch of headless chickens without a clue what to do and clearly without a Plan B, which all good managers have.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager, but I don't think he's right for us. I'd much rather a guy like Robbie, who can change things up depending on the opponent, which is crucial in this League.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 4:44 am

Exactly! Also, Messi has bailed him out countless times(along with refs). Take those away and I bet you Madrid has at least 2 La Liga titles right now and not just one(under Mou). We don't have Messi(nor do we pay refs Razz). I don't like him either.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed May 30, 2012 4:51 am

Barrettinator wrote:Exactly! Also, Messi has bailed him out countless times (along with refs). Take those away and I bet you Madrid has at least 2 La Liga titles right now and not just one(under Mou). We don't have Messi(nor do we pay refs Razz). I don't like him either.

People might call this a troll comment, but honestly, if you take away the refs, he could very well have zero UCL to his name. Certainly one fewer from '09, but even last year, the Van Persie sending off and of course the laughable officiating in the semis vs Madrid. Who knows what would have happened.

Barrettinator wrote:Exactly! Also, Messi has bailed him out countless times (along with refs). Take those away and I bet you Madrid has at least 2 La Liga titles right now and not just one (under Mou). We don't have Messi (nor do we pay refs Razz). I don't like him either.

Me either. He always appears classy in interviews and in front of the camera, but he just seems to me like one of those people (Messi as well) who are absolutely in love with themselves on the inside and just putting on a facade.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 4:56 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Exactly! Also, Messi has bailed him out countless times (along with refs). Take those away and I bet you Madrid has at least 2 La Liga titles right now and not just one(under Mou). We don't have Messi(nor do we pay refs Razz). I don't like him either.

People might call this a troll comment, but honestly, if you take away the refs, he could very well have zero UCL to his name. Certainly one fewer from '09, but even last year, the Van Persie sending off and of course the laughable officiating in the semis vs Madrid. Who knows what would have happened.

Barrettinator wrote:Exactly! Also, Messi has bailed him out countless times (along with refs). Take those away and I bet you Madrid has at least 2 La Liga titles right now and not just one (under Mou). We don't have Messi (nor do we pay refs Razz). I don't like him either.

Me either. He always appears classy in interviews and in front of the camera, but he just seems to me like one of those people (Messi as well) who are absolutely in love with themselves on the inside and just putting on a facade.
LOL seems like we're of the same opinion generally. I just don't like the idea of Pep.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed May 30, 2012 4:58 am

The efficacy of his tiki-taka style in the English game is also suspect I'd say.

I just hope Roman doesn't go down the usual path of seeing a big name and pouncing. Think about what's best for the club, not what flashy name you can bring in.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 5:00 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:The efficacy of his style in the English game is also suspect I'd say.

I just hope Roman doesn't go down the usual path of seeing a big name and pouncing. Think about what's best for the club, not what flashy name you can bring in.
LOL I hope Pepsi insists on having his one year sabatical so Roman is forced to give Robbie the job....and then Robbie wins the league and CL(again, yes I said it! Very Happy). Managarial trolling. Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed May 30, 2012 5:06 am

This whole "they might sign Di Matteo just to keep the seat warm" business that's being talked about in the media is just sad.

I understand it's just media gossip, but I could honestly see them trying to pull a stunt like that. If Roman ever did try to treat a club legend like that (hiring him as a cheap stopgap/filler option and then sacking him next summer if Pep agreed to come on board), it would be nothing short of absolutely disgusting.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 5:08 am

We'll have to wait and see. He does have the three morons around him(Gourlay, Buck, Emenalo) so you never know.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed May 30, 2012 5:15 am

He'd be better off just walking if he got the sense that that's what they were trying to do. I'd much rather see him at Lazio, or Napoli or Villa which have been talked about recently, than being Roman's filler manager.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 5:21 am

Pity really that this is even a possibility. Should have been given the job right after the CL win.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed May 30, 2012 5:26 am

I don't think Roman sees him a person who can rebuild a squad, either rightly or wrongly. There also may be concerns over just how close he is to JT and Lamps and the other "old guard", again, either rightly or wrongly.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 5:32 am

He's probably closest to JT. Maybe Lamps next, but JT knows full well that he won't play forever. I doubt he plays more than 60% of the matches next season(he may even be banned for an extended period too) and he seems to be on his last legs. I don't think Robbie has to say too much about to him and he'll understand, unlike say a Pepsi who may come across as an AVB in that aspect. Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed May 30, 2012 6:03 am

Yes I think we can all agree the last thing we need is another AVB-sized ego in the dressing room alienating as many of the players as he can...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed May 30, 2012 11:34 am

Chelsea and tiki taka dosent mix, as long as we dont have possession oriented players.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Mata, De Buryne, Hazard, Torres, Romeu, Luiz and maybe Modric. Yes we have players who could play Tiki Taka.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed May 30, 2012 2:06 pm

If Modric comes maybe.. we need a more fluid midfield for tiki taka.. but i dont want tiki taka lol
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Neither, I am just saying it is more than possible.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 30, 2012 4:07 pm

Barca struggled because they had no finishers and got unlucky with their chances.

Also

-----------Ramires---Modric
--Hulk-----------Hazard-------Mata
-----------------Torres

:bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Thu May 31, 2012 12:46 am

I hope to god Robbie gets the job,but sadly I'm not too confident.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 31, 2012 2:16 am

He will, most of the fans are on his side now.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down