white_star
_LMG_10_
Tifoso Romanista
Rebaño Sagrado
The_ItalianFool
30 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Italian Football Scandal = Italy wins the Euro - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian Football Scandal = Italy wins the Euro

Post by aford92 Wed May 30, 2012 2:36 pm

When England inevitably get knocked out I will cheer for Italy. I am part Italian after all. Very Happy

aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Italian Football Scandal = Italy wins the Euro - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian Football Scandal = Italy wins the Euro

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed May 30, 2012 3:28 pm

TonyDaBeast wrote:2-0 vs ghana
2-0 vs czech
1-1 vs usa

1-0 vs australia (but we were down 10 men so no choice)
3-0 vs ukraine
2-0 vs germaney (one of the best games of all time)
1-1 vs france
free_cat wrote:
white_star wrote:
free_cat wrote:
white_star wrote:Why would anyone besides Italians want Italy to win??? They play some real boring football , please no!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Italy is the worst team by far in the world by any neutrals. I always Spain to lose, and second Italy. The most boring team in football history, Italia.

What?? You want Spain to lose?

Off course. I'm catalan, not spanish, and spain forbids catalans to have their own NT.

Cookie Monster wrote:
free_cat wrote:
white_star wrote:Why would anyone besides Italians want Italy to win??? They play some real boring football , please no!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Italy is the worst team by far in the world by any neutrals. I always Spain to lose, and second Italy. The most boring team in football history, Italia.

I suppose some people enjoy watching a well organized squad that can suffocate a team defensively and hit them where it hurts offensively. I, for one, prefer Italy's defensive style over the horrid 'pass the ball horizontally for 90 minutes' tactic that Spain and Barca are so fond of. When Spain won the Euros 4 years ago they were by far the most boring team to watch. Passing the ball around for ever and winning by 1 goal is not what I would call entertaining, but that's just me. For the record, a team with attackers like Cassano and Balotelli and midfielders like Pirlo shouldn't be all that boring to watch.

Nobody likes to see a team hanging to a 0-0 except their fans (if they win). Everybody hated chelsea's football, everybody hated Itay's 2006 WC winners, etc. Spain's 2010 win was boring as hell too, I agree, but you can't compare that to the game Spain displayed in 2008 (unfortunately) and much less to Barça's game.

You've got to be kidding. You wished any of the teams you support was 80% as entertaining and attacking as Barça is.

2-0 vs ghana
2-0 vs czech
1-1 vs usa

1-0 vs australia (but we were down 10 men so no choice)
3-0 vs ukraine
2-0 vs germaney (one of the best games of all time)
1-1 vs france

ya we were very boring...

take a good look at spains WC 2010 results lol, the u tell me whats boring
+1
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed May 30, 2012 3:39 pm

He's right. 5 of Spain's 7 games finished 1-0. And the other two games they won 2-1 and 2-0. So they only won 1 game by more that a 1 goal margin. Hell, they never scored more than 2 in a match.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed May 30, 2012 3:41 pm

free_cat wrote:
white_star wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Off course. I'm catalan, not spanish, and spain forbids catalans to have their own NT.

Cookie Monster wrote:
free_cat wrote:

I suppose some people enjoy watching a well organized squad that can suffocate a team defensively and hit them where it hurts offensively. I, for one, prefer Italy's defensive style over the horrid 'pass the ball horizontally for 90 minutes' tactic that Spain and Barca are so fond of. When Spain won the Euros 4 years ago they were by far the most boring team to watch. Passing the ball around for ever and winning by 1 goal is not what I would call entertaining, but that's just me. For the record, a team with attackers like Cassano and Balotelli and midfielders like Pirlo shouldn't be all that boring to watch.

Nobody likes to see a team hanging to a 0-0 except their fans (if they win). Everybody hated chelsea's football, everybody hated Itay's 2006 WC winners, etc. Spain's 2010 win was boring as hell too, I agree, but you can't compare that to the game Spain displayed in 2008 (unfortunately) and much less to Barça's game.

You've got to be kidding. You wished any of the teams you support was 80% as entertaining and attacking as Barça is.

Lol i doubt you watched any games withing those cups , please dont make make a laughing matter of yourself google the result and dont waste my time
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed May 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Barca plays nothing nothing more than possession catenaccio that still a lot of so called cules are unable to figure the position of messi which is the tranquista , the whole elements is there with a libro/sweeper , full backs up and the tranquista , Pep was talking about that in Italy when he was at Roma and bologna , the game is utter rubbish take messi out of Barcelona and you will get what i mean .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 3:52 pm

aford92 wrote:When England inevitably get knocked out I will cheer for Italy. I am part Italian after all. Very Happy
I'm part American.....but USNT are kuurrraaaapppp!!!! Can't blame them though. Its not even an important sport in their country.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Tifoso Romanista wrote:
Lol i doubt you watched any games withing those cups , please dont make make a laughing matter of yourself google the result and dont waste my time

I won't defend Spain, for me they can go and bleep themselves. But they scored 12 goals in 6 matches in Euro 2008 and played a good fotball for pathetic international football standards.

Tifoso Romanista wrote:Barca plays nothing nothing more than possession catenaccio that still a lot of so called cules are unable to figure the position of messi which is the tranquista , the whole elements is there with a libro/sweeper , full backs up and the tranquista , Pep was talking about that in Italy when he was at Roma and bologna , the game is utter rubbish take messi out of Barcelona and you will get what i mean .

Yeah, Catenacció has always been based on having ball posession, playing mostly on other field's half, scoring an averge of 3 goals per game and defending zonally and with short, weak and technical players. :facepalm:

Show me a catenaccio team that scored 3 goals per game during four seasons. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed May 30, 2012 4:19 pm

free_cat wrote:
Tifoso Romanista wrote:

I won't defend Spain, for me they can go and bleep themselves. But they scored 12 goals in 6 matches in Euro 2008 and played a good fotball for pathetic international football standards.

Tifoso Romanista wrote:Barca plays nothing nothing more than possession catenaccio that still a lot of so called cules are unable to figure the position of messi which is the tranquista , the whole elements is there with a libro/sweeper , full backs up and the tranquista , Pep was talking about that in Italy when he was at Roma and bologna , the game is utter rubbish take messi out of Barcelona and you will get what i mean .

Yeah, Catenacció has always been based on having ball posession, playing mostly on other field's half, scoring an averge of 3 goals per game and defending zonally and with short, weak and technical players. :facepalm:

Show me a catenaccio team that scored 3 goals per game during four seasons. Very Happy

Possession Catenaccio , i said i make it read to help you
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Wed May 30, 2012 7:50 pm

free_cat wrote:You've got to be kidding. You wished any of the teams you support was 80% as entertaining and attacking as Barça is.

Not really. Barca were fun to watch when they first started this 'tiki-taka' tactic and everyone was jumping on the bandwagon. It's gotten really old really fast though. Especially this past year where their gameplan was essentially: keep possession, keep possession, don't pass it forward just pass it between defenders and mids, keep possession, our defense is terrible so for the love of god keep possession, pass to Messi and let him do his thing.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Wed May 30, 2012 8:52 pm

free_cat wrote:
white_star wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Cookie Monster wrote:
free_cat wrote:

The ignorance is strong with this one...

Italia in 06
2-0 vs Ghana
1-1 vs U.S.A
2-0 vs Czech Rep.
1-0 vs Australia (Red card in the 47th min)
3-0 vs Ukraine
2-0 vs Germany
2-1 vs France (Penalties)

Plenty of 1-0 wins...

Italian Football Scandal = Italy wins the Euro - Page 2 YAIXj
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 30, 2012 10:38 pm

@aford92 & TonydaBeast: I already mentioned before you that Spains WC 2010 win was utterly boring.

Robyv wrote:
Italia in 06
2-0 vs Ghana
1-1 vs U.S.A
2-0 vs Czech Rep.
3-0 vs Ukraine
0-2 vs Germany
2-1 vs France

2-1 vs France? Put at least the real results:

2-0 vs Ghana
1-1 vs U.S.A
2-0 vs Czech Rep.
3-0 vs Ukraine
0-0 90 minutes, 0-2 extra time vs Germany
1-1 vs France (win penalties)

So in 4 games Italy scored one or less goals in the 90 minutes.

And you know, I have eyes and I watched those matches, and all Italy did was defend for their lives. There's a reason Cannavaro was considered the best player in the tournament and subsequently shamelessly won the ballon d'or.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Tifoso Romanista wrote:

Catenaccio: is a tactical system in football with a strong emphasis on defence. In Italian, catenaccio means "door-bolt", implying a highly organised and effective backline defence focused on nullifying opponents' attacks and preventing goal-scoring opportunities.

Barça style = Focused on offensive, scoring 180 + goals this season (I think the most in history in a season).

When has a posession or not posession catenaccio team scored 3 goals per game for 4 seasons in a row?

Last edited by free_cat on Wed May 30, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
Not really. Barca were fun to watch when they first started this 'tiki-taka' tactic and everyone was jumping on the bandwagon. It's gotten really old really fast though. Especially this past year where their gameplan was essentially: keep possession, keep possession, don't pass it forward just pass it between defenders and mids, keep possession, our defense is terrible so for the love of god keep possession, pass to Messi and let him do his thing.

Funny how you can be the team that scored the most goals in one season in history in all competitions only trying to keep posession.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed May 30, 2012 10:57 pm

free_cat wrote:
Tifoso Romanista wrote:

Catenaccio: is a tactical system in football with a strong emphasis on defence. In Italian, catenaccio means "door-bolt", implying a highly organised and effective backline defence focused on nullifying opponents' attacks and preventing goal-scoring opportunities.

Barça style = Focused on offensive
, scoring 180 + goals this season (I think the most in history in a season).

When has a posession or not posession catenaccio team scored 3 goals per game for 4 seasons in a row?

Wikipedia ! seriously?

Door-belt symbolise the pressure at down to the defence where Italy always has the strongest defenders so they could deal with the pressure , if a team however had stronger midfield simply they tend to take the pressure Lil bit further up the pitch where the strong part of the team can deal with it .

Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed May 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Lol at Tiki-Taka , i remember i had an uncle who was professional boxer and when i was kid he used to ask him to punch him as hard as i can an i was punching with all my power but i wasn't seemingly doing anything because he didn't have any pain , he wasn't even defending himself then he would punch me once and i remember i had the pain even after a week from that punch , why i said this well i was Barcelona/Spain and my uncle was Italy , doesn't matter if you pass 1000000 times or you pass 2 , even if your goal keeper can score then you dont have to make any passes , stop trying to glorify what it roots is fear , its no fear In Italian way , get the ball /Punch me because i know you cant do $l-lit with it .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed May 30, 2012 11:27 pm

lol that's a horrible analogy

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed May 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Btw, you know that creating is harder than destroying, right?

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed May 30, 2012 11:36 pm

Its not matter of creating or destroying , even in Tika-Taka they do the defending by just keeping the ball and the emphasis is on keeping the ball rather than attacking , they dont rush to attack thats what most people dont get , its more like showing Ur money/food to a really poor girl and torturing her till she agree to have sex with you with just Lil bit of money , its dirty and stinky as it can get
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu May 31, 2012 12:14 am

LOL
another horrible analogy haha

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 31, 2012 12:16 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:LOL
another horrible analogy haha

well its just truth , if that hurts you !not my problem
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu May 31, 2012 12:16 am

anyway ur sig is too distracting...I can't have a conversation with you Very Happy

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu May 31, 2012 1:01 am

free_cat wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:

Funny how you can be the team that scored the most goals in one season in history in all competitions only trying to keep posession.

And how many of those goals did Messi score in this record-breaking season lol?
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Thu May 31, 2012 7:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhfh6A_cP_U
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu May 31, 2012 7:59 am

vizkosity wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhfh6A_cP_U

The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 am

Tifoso Romanista wrote:

well i dont think thats boring and if you compare with pointless passes that Spain makes and the whole strategy to waste time and get the other team exhausted and use their mistake makes Italy an exciting team or the complete mechanical German play . how ever i look at your comment dont see any point .

Well said.
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu May 31, 2012 8:21 am

sbaggio wrote:
Tifoso Romanista wrote:

well i dont think thats boring and if you compare with pointless passes that Spain makes and the whole strategy to waste time and get the other team exhausted and use their mistake makes Italy an exciting team or the complete mechanical German play . how ever i look at your comment dont see any point .

Well said.

Makes perfect sense. At least the Italian team is confident enough to invite attacks in. Spanish team is afraid to lose the ball so half the time it's back passes and time wasting :coffee:
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next