Juventus Coach, Lazio Captain Probed In Italy Soccer Case

+4
pedrosom
Luca
Juveman17
Juventude
8 posters

Go down

Juventus Coach, Lazio Captain Probed In Italy Soccer Case Empty Juventus Coach, Lazio Captain Probed In Italy Soccer Case

Post by Juventude Mon May 28, 2012 2:49 pm

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-28/juventus-coach-lazio-captain-targeted-in-italian-soccer-probe.html

Italian police arrested the team captain of SS Lazio (SSL) SA and prosecutors are probing the coach of champion Juventus Football Club SA as part of an international investigation into match-rigging in the nation’s soccer leagues.

Prosecutors leading the probe in Cremona ordered the arrest of 19 people, including Lazio midfielder Stefano Mauri, according to an e-mailed statement from their office in the northern city. Eight matches from 2011 are under review, Prosecutor Roberto Di Martino said at a news conference in Cremona today.

Prosecutors leading the probe in Cremona ordered the arrest of 19 people, including Lazio midfielder Stefano Mauri, as part of their probe, according to an e-mailed statement from their office in the northern city.

Police visited the Italian national team’s practice grounds outside Florence today as they questioned international defender Domenico Criscito for his alleged involvement in the case, which comes less than two weeks before the European Championship kicks off. Photographer: Filippo Monteforte/AFP/Getty Images
Police visited the Italian national team’s practice grounds outside Florence today as they questioned international defender Domenico Criscito for his alleged involvement in the case, which comes less than two weeks before the European Championship kicks off. After the news, Criscito was left off Italy’s final roster for the tournament in Poland and Ukraine.

“He’ll definitely not be part of our contingent,” Demetrio Albertini, a vice president of the Italian Soccer Federation, said at a news conference at the team’s training center in Coverciano. “He said he doesn’t have anything to do with this story and wants to put an end to it as soon as possible.”

World Cup
The probe recalls a similar scandal that erupted before the 2006 World Cup that led to Juventus being stripped of a Serie A title. Italy went on to win its fourth World Cup even as the charges rocked the nation’s most popular sport.

“There are no other national team players involved,” Di Martino said today. “This only involved Criscito,” who is being probed and has not been charged, he said.

While Juventus coach Antonio Conte’s name didn’t appear on the prosecutors’ suspect list, his home was searched today for clues of match-fixing when he managed Siena during the 2010-2011 season, daily Gazzetta dello Sport reported today. A Juventus spokeswoman didn’t respond to three telephone calls to her office in Turin.

Shares in Juventus, which will take part in next season’s lucrative Champions League, rose 5.66 percent to 18 euro cents at 1:53 p.m. in Milan. Lazio shares were trading at 34 cents, down 4.22 percent.

‘Completely Uninvolved’
Conte, a former player on Italy’s national team who led Juve to the title this year in his first season as coach, denied any wrongdoing, his lawyer Antonio De Rencis told Ansa newswire. “Conte is completely uninvolved in this and strongly determined to show” his innocence, De Rencis was cited as saying.
Di Martino said a key game prosecutors are examining was Lecce-Lazio from May 2011. The betting ring earned 2 million euros ($2.5 million) and the players who helped rig the 2-4 result earned 600,000 euros, he said.

The probe is also focusing on suspects from Croatia and Hungary, some of whom were part of a previous investigation in 2010, Di Martino said. One Hungarian has been arrested as part of the probe in his country, he said.

“I don’t know if we’re at the end of this,” Di Martino said. “It seems we could go on forever.”
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juventus Coach, Lazio Captain Probed In Italy Soccer Case Empty Re: Juventus Coach, Lazio Captain Probed In Italy Soccer Case

Post by Juveman17 Mon May 28, 2012 3:26 pm

I read this and I can't believe it. I hope Conte and Criscito are both innocent in this and what does Criscito have to do with it? How is he involved if he plays in Russia? All these betting and match-fixing probes put a bad name on Italy and the Serie A and its sad.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Juventus Coach, Lazio Captain Probed In Italy Soccer Case Empty Re: Juventus Coach, Lazio Captain Probed In Italy Soccer Case

Post by Luca Mon May 28, 2012 4:48 pm

juveman17 wrote:I read this and I can't believe it. I hope Conte and Criscito are both innocent in this and what does Criscito have to do with it? How is he involved if he plays in Russia? All these betting and match-fixing probes put a bad name on Italy and the Serie A and its sad.

They're probably investigating matches when Criscito was still a Genoa player

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by pedrosom Mon May 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Conte is innocent. :coffee: i'm sure about that.
pedrosom
pedrosom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon May 28, 2012 4:56 pm

What a shame Sad

conte doesnt deserve this sh**
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Mon May 28, 2012 5:56 pm

This will never end now they are talking about Bonnuci
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon May 28, 2012 6:05 pm

stefanobada wrote:This will never end now they are talking about Bonnuci

:facepalm: cant believe it
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Mon May 28, 2012 6:14 pm

they are reporting that they went to contes house this am with out notice taking his pc and iphone . I m not sure about the rest , but i knew something was going to come up
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon May 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Conte is innocent I am sure. He is a Juve legend, I highly doubt he was involved in any match fixing unless he and his family were threatened with their lives. This sh*t is gonna continue forever, as people are now jealous of Juve and its newfound success.

Watch the crap that starts to unfold now that we are back. What's next, Agnelli is found with underage prostitutes?? I can see it now. All's I can say is Agnelli this time better have some backbone and protect the team from all the weasels out there who are gonna try and destroy us again...

Moratti has ALOT of connections, especially with shady people, so we better watch out for the onslaught now that Juve are back on top and Inter is back to watching us win...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon May 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Always tryin to cripple.juve when they on top
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue May 29, 2012 12:07 pm

juve_gigi wrote:Conte is innocent I am sure. He is a Juve legend, I highly doubt he was involved in any match fixing unless he and his family were threatened with their lives. This sh*t is gonna continue forever, as people are now jealous of Juve and its newfound success.

Watch the crap that starts to unfold now that we are back. What's next, Agnelli is found with underage prostitutes?? I can see it now. All's I can say is Agnelli this time better have some backbone and protect the team from all the weasels out there who are gonna try and destroy us again...

Moratti has ALOT of connections, especially with shady people, so we better watch out for the onslaught now that Juve are back on top and Inter is back to watching us win...

Thumbs up true that.
Justice must be done but if this is all wrong and there is nothing to Conte and Bonucci I really don't know what to do. Conte is so important for us right now and Bonucci is finally starting to thrive in the defense again.. Let's hope this is all wrong, I support both the Juve-involved and the police, if anyone is criminal they ust be punished, if they are all wrong they better stand up and apologize for all their mommas taught them!!
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down