InterMalia
Sushi Master
the xcx
Neo
Geo
54 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Former Player: Bastian Schweinsteiger - Page 5 Empty Re: Former Player: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Post by Motogp69 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:02 pm

That was a nuclear header by Schweini, very nice to see...the Destro penalty was not.

Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Former Player: Bastian Schweinsteiger - Page 5 Empty Re: Former Player: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:31 pm

The Messiah wrote:
McLewis wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

As for me, I Would Rather compare DDR with Gustavo.

DDR>>>>>>>>>>Gustavo.

Man, that was easy. :coffee:

---------------

On topic, Schweini is still a top 5 midfielder. Form doesn't change that. When he gets himself right, he'll dominate again just as he used to. One of the best, if not THE best converted players of his generation.

DDR I truly respect him a lot but Gustavo is the most destructive player on the surface of the earth, in that aspect Gustavo is a better destructive midfielder.

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t24291p36-best-defensive-midfielder-in-the-universe

There is a debate about Gustavo and DDR going on, while most people even like myself agree that DDR is the better player overall, but you have to concede that Gustavo is the best Destructive player at the moment, t's not a mistake he took over from Van Bommel.

That thread essentially said that DDR is better than Gustavo. The only one who agreed with you was Babun.

The better question here is how can Gustavo be considered the better DM than De Rossi when Prandelli thought De Rossi a good enough DM to slot him into his starting defense against Spain, of all the teams in the world. And what's more....De Rossi beasted at CB. He was everywhere, causing all sorts of issues for the Spanish attackers.

Would Gustavo be able to play at that type of level? I honestly don't think so. Being a DM a hell of a lot more than just being able to tackle a player. You have to have a great reading of the game and your positioning must be quality. De Rossi not only has these qualities, he exceeds consistently at them. And I haven't even mentioned his ability to start play from deep after recovering the ball. How many times have we seen Gustavo recover the ball only to side pass it or just chuck it forward aimlessly or worse yet...get caught in possession? You don't see that with De Rossi.

Gustavo's a fine destroyer, don't get me wrong, but he's not better than De Rossi. If Gustavo is better than De Rossi then it's inaccurate to call De Rossi a complete midfielder, which he undoubtedly is. It's a direct contradiction of the term.

So again.....DDR>>>>>>>Gustavo.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 am

McLewis wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
McLewis wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

As for me, I Would Rather compare DDR with Gustavo.

DDR>>>>>>>>>>Gustavo.

Man, that was easy. :coffee:

---------------

On topic, Schweini is still a top 5 midfielder. Form doesn't change that. When he gets himself right, he'll dominate again just as he used to. One of the best, if not THE best converted players of his generation.

DDR I truly respect him a lot but Gustavo is the most destructive player on the surface of the earth, in that aspect Gustavo is a better destructive midfielder.

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t24291p36-best-defensive-midfielder-in-the-universe

There is a debate about Gustavo and DDR going on, while most people even like myself agree that DDR is the better player overall, but you have to concede that Gustavo is the best Destructive player at the moment, t's not a mistake he took over from Van Bommel.

That thread essentially said that DDR is better than Gustavo. The only one who agreed with you was Babun.

The better question here is how can Gustavo be considered the better DM than De Rossi when Prandelli thought De Rossi a good enough DM to slot him into his starting defense against Spain, of all the teams in the world. And what's more....De Rossi beasted at CB. He was everywhere, causing all sorts of issues for the Spanish attackers.

Would Gustavo be able to play at that type of level? I honestly don't think so. Being a DM a hell of a lot more than just being able to tackle a player. You have to have a great reading of the game and your positioning must be quality. De Rossi not only has these qualities, he exceeds consistently at them. And I haven't even mentioned his ability to start play from deep after recovering the ball. How many times have we seen Gustavo recover the ball only to side pass it or just chuck it forward aimlessly or worse yet...get caught in possession? You don't see that with De Rossi.

Gustavo's a fine destroyer, don't get me wrong, but he's not better than De Rossi. If Gustavo is better than De Rossi then it's inaccurate to call De Rossi a complete midfielder, which he undoubtedly is. It's a direct contradiction of the term.

So again.....DDR>>>>>>>Gustavo.

A fine fine analysis Neal but the truth is there is no argument here considering DDR is even a superior and more complete CM than Schweinstieger. Gustavo is out of the question lol.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:33 am

@ Arquitecto, what's your hate with Bayern...?

Yes I agree DDR is a better as overall player, I rate him highly but Gustavo destructive ability are 2nd to non.

I'm not disputing who is better between Gustavo and DDR as overall players
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:48 am

@ Arquitecto, what's your hate with Bayern...?

Hate? Bayern along with BMG, Wolfsburg and Augsburg are some of my favourite German teams. Schweinstieger was my favourite midfielder of 09/10 as I also am an avid fan of Lahm, Badstuber, Contento, Mueller, Ribery, Pizzaro, Shaquiri, Kroos and of course Javi. I spent more then 10 days studying the masterpiece that is Allianz Arena for its architecture. I also am a fan of thier history and tradition. But.... I am compelled to dispel sensationalist claims on this player is x and y. Thats just my natural instinct. Nothing to do with hate.

I disagree on Gustavo being a better destroyer than DDR but this one is actually very arguable since DDR doesn't spent as much time destroying as Gustavo does.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:54 am

Come on, you can't fool anyone, you and I both know you hate Bayern with the amount of thing you have said about Bayern, from Martinez transfer to Madrid being a better team.

I would have believe you if I could, your credibility, however, is less than Impeccable under past circumstances and hostility towards Bayern
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:04 am

The Messiah wrote:Come on, you can't fool anyone, you and I both know you hate Bayern with the amount of thing you have said about Bayern, from Martinez transfer to Madrid being a better team.

I would have believe you if I could, your credibility, however, is less than Impeccable under past circumstances and hostility towards Bayern

1. Martinez transfer? I only criticized the Bayern board along with Hoeness for their less than classy aggressive tactics of acquiring him. I regularly criticize Milan's board on their own tactics that doesn't mean I hate the club. Criticism of the boards' tactics does not equal dislike of the club. I also happen to be the very few in this board who defends Javi's price tag and signing. As for Madrid they simply are a better team based on their squad along with proving more than Bayern as this also does not equate to dislike for a club. Your reasoning is confusing me.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:00 am

Does Gustavo start regularly for his NT?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:13 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Does Gustavo start regularly for his NT?

Has 2 caps for Brazil and he's 25 Razz So much for the best DM in the world.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:23 am

Meh, that's not an argument. While I don't think Gustavo is in the Top5, he is very good, I don't know why he's been overlooked so far. Would be an asset for Brazil.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 am

Brazil are flopping because they don't have Gustavo in their team, it's not like they are winning anything.

Making mistake.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 am

Gustavo is not the best DM in the world. If Yaya, Vidal, or even Khedira are considered DMs, then they are all definitely better. DDR too. But Gustavo should be starting for Brazil. He is a very, very good DM and other than Ramires is the best CM Brazil has available.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 am

Gustavo is easily Brazils best DM, but he is not the best DM in the world.

And Gustavo is not playing for the brazilian NT? uuh tell me more about how good this NT is ? Very Happy ..Brazil is just shit maype top20 nothing more.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:55 am

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Brazil is just shit maype top20 nothing more.

Too harsh on Gustavo, who can't get into that top20 team.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:26 pm

One thing I'll say positively about Gustavo.

He's sure a helluva lot better than Sandro.

Brazil's midfield could use his energy and his destruction capabilities would allow for Ramires to go forward a lot more.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:58 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Meh, that's not an argument. While I don't think Gustavo is in the Top5, he is very good, I don't know why he's been overlooked so far. Would be an asset for Brazil.

He couldn't get an average Brazilian team despite their first choice DM being injured for nearly a year. Not sure how that's a bad argument if he is better than De Rossi.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:01 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:Meh, that's not an argument. While I don't think Gustavo is in the Top5, he is very good, I don't know why he's been overlooked so far. Would be an asset for Brazil.
He couldn't get an average Brazilian team despite their first choice DM being injured for nearly a year. Not sure how that's a bad argument if he is better than De Rossi.
I think it is more an argument against the coach...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:19 pm

rwo power wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

No offence but not even Domenech would be stupid to drop a player if he is the best in his position in the world.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:09 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
rwo power wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

No offence but not even Domenech would be stupid to drop a player if he is the best in his position in the world.

Are Brazil winning anything...? no.

One of Brazil biggest mistake is obviously under-rating their star players in Bundesliga, any sensible manager will call up Gustavo.

Lets not forget Germany almost called him up, before Brazil quickly called him up, Brazil don't know what they have, the best destructive midfielder in the world, but oh well, I supposed his style of play is too rigid for Brazil, they want all the flashy guys, but Gustavo is a tough one, he's opposite of Brazil style of play...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Brazil's DM aren't flashy players Laughing
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:49 am

I guess Bayern fans have missed the fact that Gustavo isn't being called up since they have Lucas Leiva. He in a better since is a superior DM to Gustavo in the technical and tactical sense. Proof? Ask everyone bar Bayern fans in this forum I'm confident they'll agree.

Gustavo is miles better than Sandro though.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Top 10 player in the world, easily.

It's perhaps too early to tell but he has been fantastic at the start of the season.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:35 am

And it really looks like he's back on track, now that he doesn't actually need to start, when he's not fit.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Schweini is definitely top 5 player overall in the world and the best in his position, I know Martinez is still new, but what I saw of him yesterday, he's probably not even as good as Gustavo not to talk of Schweini, and he Martinez was bossing La-liga in a mediocre team.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Schweinsteiger's the only player that plays in his position?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Schweinsteiger's the only player that plays in his position?

that is why he's the best when fit

Only C.Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Neuer are better or equal to Schweinsteiger, otherwise I can not call any single player in the world that is as good as him....
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next