Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

#10 - Arjen Robben - Page 3 Empty Re: #10 - Arjen Robben

Post by white_star Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
white_star wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:messi was more fun to watch on the wings (08-09) than now.. now hes blahh

Messi is blah ? Ok that is a drastic comment but your logo says it all.

ever heard of sarcasm? maybe not, you need a tutor :coffee:
The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Oh but it is my business and you might want to remember that, because with a click of my fingers you no longer post here.

You do as your told.

you're just mad that so many posters here have MUCH more knowledge than you about football and i guess that hurts.

as for this thread, its about robben, not about showing your authority.

im done here, uselss conversation that you started, and i wasn't interested or doing anything wrong

I hope you go. :coffee: As for Robben playing centrally well it isn't a good idea. He needs space and he won't get that when placed centrally...

hmm umadbrah?

Good to know you got a warning... Im really sick of you. You and that stupid chick in your sig.

oh sorry, i will put some pic of men for u to enjoy, since you got really sick of looking at a woman, thanks for letting us know ur taste LOL

im done on this thread

I don't know his orientation but he is probably saying that it is annoying to put pictures of woman that you wouldn't even be able to talk to as your avatar. Mostly virgins or kids do that.

white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:56 am

Not trying to feed the troll or anything though Im against lusting on women and men for that fact as well and pictures like that one she/he has is disturbing...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:57 am

Real Kandahar wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Oh but it is my business and you might want to remember that, because with a click of my fingers you no longer post here.

You do as your told.

you're just mad that so many posters here have MUCH more knowledge than you about football and i guess that hurts.

im done here, uselss conversation that you started, and i wasn't interested or doing anything wrong

You're a *bleep* joke. You lost all credibility with that statement :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:03 am

Real Kandahar wrote:

You do as your told.

Are you kidding?Dani is the most knowledgeable poster in entire forum,at least in my eyes.And dude get a life,honestly you are the one who has "0" football knowledge.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:31 am

The Sanchez wrote:Not trying to feed the troll or anything though Im against lusting on women and men for that fact as well and pictures like that one she/he has is disturbing...
i find that very funny bcuz you and your "extremely" close buddy whitestar and beautifuffootball poster say bad things about ronaldo because you WISH for one night to have his life so you can at least talk to girls, sorry i am not in your league to "wish" stuff, and why do you care what pic i have up .. lol i clearly told u guys off by saying i wont post here, but u all mad brah... so i had to comment... or else i don't like talking to people who um have thing abt good looking women, which is very weird...

dont drag me into ur personal orientation fantasies, and ive nothing to do with this thread... so adios... stop trolling
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:55 am

Real Kandahar wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:Not trying to feed the troll or anything though Im against lusting on women and men for that fact as well and pictures like that one she/he has is disturbing...
i find that very funny bcuz you and your "extremely" close buddy whitestar and beautifuffootball poster say bad things about ronaldo because you WISH for one night to have his life so you can at least talk to girls, sorry i am not in your league to "wish" stuff, and why do you care what pic i have up .. lol i clearly told u guys off by saying i wont post here, but u all mad brah... so i had to comment... or else i don't like talking to people who um have thing abt good looking women, which is very weird...

dont drag me into ur personal orientation fantasies, and ive nothing to do with this thread... so adios... stop trolling

Don't you make sense... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:20 am

Tbh both Real Kandahar and White Star were ridiculous.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:57 pm

HEEE'S BAAACCKK!

#10 - Arjen Robben - Page 3 Robben
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

#10 - Arjen Robben - Page 3 Empty Did Robben exceed expectations?

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:08 am

I have always respected Robben as a footballer. He was fantastic at Chelsea, Madrid and then Bayern. But he was never in the talks of being a top 5 player in the early stage of his success pre-Bayern and even at Bayern he had a difficult time due to injuries or just not being able to fit in the tactics( under Heynckes from what I heard). The general consensus was that Robben is a fantastic player but he is limited. His over-reliance on the left foot while a very choreographed style of play might end up stopping him from reaching the elite status and thus he will remain as an excellent player but not go to another level.

However recently I think that has changed. Think it was since Pep took over(or maybe just a bit before) that Robben IMO defied his critics and went further than people predicted. His last two seasons including the WC, Robben became much more than a one trick Robben. He improved from being an excellent player into an elite player and I think he is Bayern's main man now along with Netherlands. He is able to take the game like Messi or Ronaldo does and for me that is a player of an elite calibre. I would honestly say he is a top 5 contender for Balon d'Or and definitely one of the best players in the world. If Bayern win the treble then he will be the star man in an already star studded team IMO.

My question or thought is just asking whether you saw Robben being this good 5 years ago or you never thought he could improve more than it was predicted at the time he was suffering.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:19 am

I remember back in 2008 Marca was trying to create a new public perception of Robben as better or equal to Messi. I agree that's when he started to really shine and become rated in mainstream media. But ever since then most people have a high opinion of him, I wouldn't say he has defied expectations since 2008.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:21 am

when fit, he was madrid's best player , and somewhat their messi in that 2008-2009.

i'd say that was the season when he morphed into a world class player .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:28 am

I don't think he's improved drastically. Sure, he's added a defensive side to his game, but he's always been on a similar level. Maybe he was just underrated back then? Maybe people just thought that he was one dimensional and predictable and that he wouldn't really get anywhere? Yet he's managed to continue being effective over the years and has slightly improved too.

Anyway he is one of the best players in World imo. But at the end of the day what he doesn't do is score 30+ goals a seasons like Messi/Ronaldo. It's goals that matter when it comes to the Ballon d'or.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:43 am

I never understood why Real sold him like a finished player to Bayern , especially like it's been well noted here he was well praised . I never predicted he would be as good as he is today , but generally speaking here , it was well known that if he ever got past his injuries , he would certainly be one of the best in the world , something he is for some years now. I'd say he was good enough in 08-09 and even though 2009-2010 wasn't meant to be his best season , that's where i think he really took it a step further. That goal of his in Old Trafford is almost a classic by now and it was just a 16 game if i am not mistaken.

What you say about his choreographed style , is what actually many loved and continue to do so on Robben . You see him get the ball and expect his Robben thing , that is the mark of the elite. And it's not just the things he's famous , i've seen him doing some real off the ball work this season. He really seems hungry to dominate , good days to be a Bayern fan i guess Proud .

I would say that if Bayern won the treble this season , IF , it will always be a big if for any team regardless , and obviously taking into consideration he would be vital in that run , i would say almost certainly he would be in the top 3 let alone 5 , he would probably be at least one of the heavy favourites for it . All in all and i think it's no surprise at that , people either talk about him or not , all respect his game. He's a fantastic player and many wingers nowdays want to be like him.

The only mind boggling to me is how Real let him go .Nothing else surprises me , or what have you ever since. They sold him as if he was done and dusted , like garbage . I sincerely always laughed at that despite the common 'injuries' excuse , although i never predicted he would certainly become an established elite player . Having said that , i kinda believed if he got past his injuries , he would really make noise and most certainly , Real would regret it . (Did they?)

and besides ffs , Real ruined a FIFA/PES dream that would come true , Ronaldo-Kaka-Robben Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:49 am

who played in the right for madrid after robben left and before di maria came ? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:50 am

hmm... i don't remember , Higuain ? lol i don't remember. Or was it Guti?

no one as good , in any case Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:54 am

Dante wrote:hmm... i don't remember , Higuain ? lol i don't remember. Or was it Guti?

i just checked Laughing the player who played the most minutes  on the right that season was ....

Spoiler:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:56 am

At times, Ronaldo played on the right, with Marcelo on the left. Also Granero played on the right. I think most of the league games with Pellegrini we didn't really play with a right winger.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:06 am

Granero Laughing He was actually my initial thought , but for some reason i thought he had returned to Real when Mourinho became their coach . That's why i said Higuain at first , i kinda remembered it was someone with ugly black hair.. i was like , "no can't be Granero" Laughing .

I still remember the notion which was quite evident . That they didn't need Sneijder and especially Robben with all his injuries , after they got all these new stars. Damn that would be a fantastic fifa-pes team after all

Raul(:coffee:)

Ronaldo-Kaka-Robben

Sneijder-Xabi Alonso

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:08 am

He has tremendous fitness and acceleration for someone who is 30 and had about 3 trillion muscle injuries.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:27 am

i think he exceeded expectations....whilst he was fantastic at madrid, his fitness was always an issue of concern. he would get injured when the team needed him and at that time, madrid had a host of injury issues and unreliable players.....robben really stepped up at bayern, started taking set piece responsibilities and scoring them, had a better supporting cast than he did when he was at madrid, and compared to his previous years was constantly healthy.....top class player. i think he also became a little less selfish while at bayern
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:42 am

titosantill wrote:i think he exceeded expectations....whilst he was fantastic at madrid, his fitness was always an issue of concern. he would get injured when the team needed him and at that time, madrid had a host of injury issues and unreliable players.....robben really stepped up at bayern, started taking set piece responsibilities and scoring them, had a better supporting cast than he did when he was at madrid, and compared to his previous years was constantly healthy.....top class player. i think he also became a little less selfish while at bayern

Altruism was never his forte yeah lol .

Even at Bayern he has always been selfish , mostly when he achieves the extravagant will he assist a teammate. I kinda agree tbh that he's not soo selfish today as he used to be , even more so at Chelsea than Real , but he still remains really selfish as a player and i think it's one of his strengths , dare i say his football egotism helps his game immensely . He needs to be selfish to play like that and imo he shouldn't lose that , not as long as he is capable of doing stuff. There will be time to get less selfish later on. I think he just matured as a player that's all , he won't always try the ridiculous way , he will pass it more now , that's all.

Less selfish.. i wouldn't define it like that (not to say you were 'wrong' , just the definition imo should be the proper one in this case)
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:19 am

back In the days on Goal.com and even here I called him next best after Messi and Ronaldo. He is just impossible to be marked in 1v1
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:48 am

"when fit" is a long, long word for Robben until recently. He was never fit. His other issue was the he was more selfish than Ronaldo ever was believe it or not. He NEVER passed the ball.

The talent was always there... but he was mostly a cancer until the past 2-3 years. Getting humbled at Bayern made him better.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:58 am

He was elite as far back as Chelsea you mugs. He was just a crock. And his form has nothing to do with Pep, his best ever season was in 09-10 and he was even better towards the back end of 12-13.

I remember telling Dani he makes Netherlands All time XI and he laughed it off as if it was some sort of blasphemous opinion.

Last edited by Gil on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:04 am

farfan wrote:
Dante wrote:hmm... i don't remember , Higuain ? lol i don't remember. Or was it Guti?

i just checked Laughing the player who played the most minutes  on the right that season  was ....

Spoiler:

we didn't play 4-2-3-1 in 09-10. We played a 4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1 hybrid.

Granero-Xabi-Lass
Kaka/VdV
Higuain-Ronaldo
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:01 am

Robben was better than this in his Chelsea days tbh.

So no not really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next