Parma or Juventus for Giovinco

+2
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

Parma or Juventus for Giovinco  Empty Parma or Juventus for Giovinco

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Sebastian Giovinco has told Parma that he’d like to stay at the club or move back to Juventus in the summer.

The Italian’s future is in some doubt as he is co-owned between both sides, while other clubs are interested in his signature.

“A lot of sides have asked us about Giovinco, but there are no real offers on the table,” Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi has told Sky Sport Italia after today’s links with Inter.

“We firstly need to speak with Juventus. That will happen soon so that we can sort out his co-ownership status. There will be plenty of time for other scenarios.”

When pushed for an opinion on what he believes will happen to the Italian international, Ghirardi spoke of two possibilities.

“I think that he’ll either stay here with us of re-join Juventus. They are the most likely outcomes. But then if a club wants to offer a lot of money then anything can happen, but these are difficult financial times.

“I’ve spoken to Sebastian and he told me that he wants to stay here or go to Juventus.

“We don’t have the need to generate money and a lot will depend on what Juventus want to do. He is good enough to get into the first team at a side like Juve, but we have to understand if the Bianconeri are convinced of his ability.”

Ghirardi has recently valued Giovinco at around the €40m mark and he’s sticking by that estimate.

“The market dictates prices, but I have no fear in saying that he is worth as much as Javier Pastore. I think he is better than the Argentine and he’s as good as Alexis Sanchez.”

Pastore left Palermo for Paris Saint-Germain last summer for €43m, while Barcelona netted Sanchez from Udinese for an initial €26m – but that figure could eventually rise to €37.5m.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Parma or Juventus for Giovinco  Empty Re: Parma or Juventus for Giovinco

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 24, 2012 4:17 pm

I suppose it makes sense financially to bring in a quality player like Giovinco seeing as we co-own him and it will cost much less than having to buy a player like him. Although, he'll have to win the fans back and he shouldn't get the number 10 whilst half of the Juve fans dislike him.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Thu May 24, 2012 4:29 pm

TomJuve wrote:I suppose it makes sense financially to bring in a quality player like Giovinco seeing as we co-own him and it will cost much less than having to buy a player like him. Although, he'll have to win the fans back and he shouldn't get the number 10 whilst half of the Juve fans dislike him.

If Conte like him, we like him. End of concern cheers
I agree. Destro is the new name of Italian football because he scored 12 goals. Giovinco is the old name of italian football because he scored 15.. and wait.. 11 assists. I rate Giovinco very high and actually think we would be stupid to let this incredible cheap opportunity slip in our hands. Italian, Juventini, young, beast. bounce

Giovinco - Jovetic, head-to-head:

Goals 2011/2012: 15 - 14
Assists 2011/2012: 11 - 3
/In games: 36 - 27
Parma ended 8th, Fiorentina ended 13th.

Giovinco played 9 more games in Serie A this season but he also provided 1 more goal and 8 more assists - meaning he would either score or assist in the 9 more games he played then Jovetic. Jovetic is still 2 years younger but he would also cost us triple the price i think we will pay for Giovinco....

Last edited by LWL91 on Thu May 24, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 24, 2012 4:33 pm

That is all true, in Conte we trust.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 24, 2012 4:43 pm

LWL91 wrote:
TomJuve wrote:I suppose it makes sense financially to bring in a quality player like Giovinco seeing as we co-own him and it will cost much less than having to buy a player like him. Although, he'll have to win the fans back and he shouldn't get the number 10 whilst half of the Juve fans dislike him.

I agree. Destro is the new name of Italian football because he scored 12 goals. Giovinco is the old name of italian football because he scored 15.. and wait.. 11 assists. I rate Giovinco very high and actually think we would be stupid to let this incredible cheap opportunity slip in our hands. Italian, Juventini, young, beast. bounce

Giovinco played 9 more games in Serie A this season but he also provided 1 more goal and 8 more assists - meaning he would either score or assist in the 9 more games he played then Jovetic. Jovetic is still 2 years younger but he would also cost us triple the price i think we will pay for Giovinco....

head to head Jovetic > Giovinco...

Jovetic in those stats above was injured and had nasty injury on his knee.. He run ragged all teams in ucl and + he is younger and better player
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Thu May 24, 2012 4:46 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
LWL91 wrote:

head to head Jovetic > Giovinco...

Jovetic in those stats above was injured and had nasty injury on his knee.. He run ragged all teams in ucl and + he is younger and better player

Agree. But he would be expensive and *bleep* and now that Giovinco would be relative easy transfer i guess this would be the ideal solution...
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri May 25, 2012 2:16 am

A Parma fan, I would like Gio stays but chance is slim.
s.

One thing I would say, Gio is explosive player who benefit the most from counter attacking tactic. I'm not sure how he would fare in possession based team who often has to play against park the bus opponents.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri May 25, 2012 3:17 am

I'd like to see this get resolved as early in the transfer window as possible. Unfortunately, with Euros and the possibility of injury, I don't see things getting done until July at the earliest.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nikac Fri May 25, 2012 9:33 am

This question should to be resolved before Euros, and formality about buying him back. People are maybe in doubt, but if Conte is clever as I think, he would never miss such an opportunity to sign a quality like Gio back for a small account.

nikac
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down