davidsNC
DeviAngel
Cotes
LWL91
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What striker should we sign for CF?

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Voting_bar 21% 
[ 12 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Voting_bar 14% 
[ 8 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Voting_bar 11% 
[ 6 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Voting_bar 7% 
[ 4 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Voting_bar 14% 
[ 8 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Voting_bar 2% 
[ 1 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Voting_bar 5% 
[ 3 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Voting_bar 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 8 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Voting_bar 4% 
[ 2 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Voting_bar 4% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 57

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013

Post by S Sun May 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Luca wrote:Matri came off of a 20 goal season
Boriello has had a 20 goal season (or it may have been 19)

I just am not sure if a poacher type striker is the one needed, as it really hasn't shown to be functional this season

Well the stats are all fine but one of the biggest problems for Matri is he is not that very capable of holding up play something which Conte sees in Borriello and hence he seems to prefer him..

Apart from that his box instincts are not very impressive ,his movement and awareness in the box are nowhere close to the Top CFs in the world.He is not clinical either ,he hasnt buried a no.of easy chances that were presented to him..Matri is a decent striker but he is just not top quality and based on Matri's exploits you just cant say that we need a versatile forward in this case Suarez who is not clinical.

Yep we have been pretty stagnant at times ,agreed on that part but in those games still a minimal amount of chances have been created which havent been put away.i'm starting to think we should bring back Gio and allow him to rotate wit Vucinic since he is fairly inconsistent.

Liverpool have actually created bucketloads of chances with Suarez in many games but those havent just been put away..What matters at the end of the day is goals and that is what wins you matches.

Bring back Gio,and sign a CF would be my proposition honestly..I dunno i might have just changed my mind..

i'll respond to your post later ..it is already 4 am here Smile

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013

Post by LWL91 Sun May 13, 2012 11:15 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I would say Leandro Damiao is the only realistic option there

As mentioned earlier, Napoli may not be in the CL but that doesn't mean they won't be challenging for Serie A next season. And besides, Cavani and Lavezzi have found their home in Naples, they'd be crazy to leave.

Falcao. Atleti paid like 40mil didn't they? Well if won them a Europe League you know they'll be charging well over 50mil for him and I know Juve are looking for a striker but that is just insane. And I'm calling it now, I think City will try to sign Falcao.

RVP won't leave
Higuain won't leave
I don't think Suarez will leave
Maybe Berbatov

But to be brutally honest, Serie A just doesn't have the prestige it once had. Big players don't want to join Juve, Milan and Inter anymore, they want to join Barca, Madrid, City, United.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2012/03/07/2951680/real-madrid-attacker-higuain-open-to-juventus-talks-in-may

Disagree as well. We can attract big names. The players know how Serie A is rising. The past years have been dark. Very dark and that has made other leagues stand out.. Now we have great talents again and a national team of italy with young talents. This transfermarket is going to be different from what you have seen since 2006/2007.
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Sun May 13, 2012 11:25 pm

i have to agree with luca, and disagree w/ surag. i think suarez didn't score as much b/c of liverpool's style, and crapping strike partner... his last year in holland he was either the top or number 2 scorer in europe. i understand, that the serie a is much tougher defensively. i just point that out to say that suarez can score goals. i also agree w/ luca that our problem this year was breaking down packed in d's. suarez would help us a lot more in that situation, and as luca pointed out, our strikers can score when given sufficient service (quantity and quality). lastly suarez is just an intense player who buzzes around the field, i think he would fit into conte's vision very well.
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 am

We broke a packed defense against Genoa but couldnt finish

We broke a packed defense against Chievo who are basically like Stoke and dint finish..Plus who can forget Lazio game as well,we managed to break Reja's Ultra defensive Lazio with ease.Remember that defense splitting pass from Pirlo to Lichtsteiner ?

And in all those games both Pirlo and Vucinic were in brilliant form..Now the only question is what if they dont turn up ?Which means we have to come up with ready alternatives in their specific positions.But we'd still be missing chances cuz we dont have a clinical striker.Yup we might play like Barcelona and all with him around but goals is what counts for me at the end of he day

Besides lets look at the bigger picture..In big games in the Champions League ,do you think quality opposition would present you with many chances ?No..You would have to bury the limited oppurtunities you get..PERIOD.

I'd rather take a team scoring 2 goals in 3 chances than a team putting 2 goals out of 10-15 chances into the back of the net.I think you guys are heavily underestimating our creativity department..If only Vucinic managed to keep consistency during the entire course of the season we wouldnt even be having this debate.

Yup Suarez can score goals but he misses way too much..Like Vlafy said had Suarez consistently put the ball in the back of the net (which he should have),Liverpool would be in CL spots..Dont get me wrong I'd love have to Suarez in the team as long as we buy another clinical CF ,but our budget constraints may not allow us for that to happen which is why i am not very keen on this move..A top cf would be my priority.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TPSPriceless Mon May 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Just on a side note guys, Villareal have been relegated to Segunda division and a certain injured Italian is (surely?) up for grabs for €10-15 m, ready to aid our title push on 3 fronts. I think Marotta is gonna think about that.
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon May 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Lord Hades wrote:higuain is one of the most clinical strikers in europe

this vlafy guy has no idea what he is talking about

Luckily with you, that you are a genius and you know football better. cheers

Benzema is twice better than Higuain.Higuain can't be compared with Cavani only due to the fact that i can find many better strikers than him.My opinion was that Cavani fits the best at Juve and i thought that coming together with Lavezzi at Juve would be amazing (but this is almost impossible).And you say that i am not right when i say that Higuain is under Cavani or other strikers that don't miss that much.You've got Napoli's fans on your head right now.An believe me, they are right, not you.

It's clearly that you don't want to agree with anyone who is talking about Real Madrid in other terms than you want.But, i don't give a shit.I respect real fans of football.I respect clubs from Italy, Germany, England...because they have a unique spirit, unique fans.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Mon May 14, 2012 9:44 pm

TPSPriceless wrote:Just on a side note guys, Villareal have been relegated to Segunda division and a certain injured Italian is (surely?) up for grabs for €10-15 m, ready to aid our title push on 3 fronts. I think Marotta is gonna think about that.

my countryman has got a very good point. 10 million € for Rossi would be a good deal.. Villareal might need to cash in on him, especially because i guess they intend to keep Nilmar rather then Rossi now that they also need good players to return to La Liga.. Rossi is NOT a main taget though, however he is definitely a quality signing, one that could prove very good in the coming season. Rossi > Boriello, Quagliarella, Matri. just sayin' Razz
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon May 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Surag wrote:We broke a packed defense against Genoa but couldnt finish

We broke a packed defense against Chievo who are basically like Stoke and dint finish..Plus who can forget Lazio game as well,we managed to break Reja's Ultra defensive Lazio with ease.Remember that defense splitting pass from Pirlo to Lichtsteiner ?

And in all those games both Pirlo and Vucinic were in brilliant form..Now the only question is what if they dont turn up ?Which means we have to come up with ready alternatives in their specific positions.But we'd still be missing chances cuz we dont have a clinical striker.Yup we might play like Barcelona and all with him around but goals is what counts for me at the end of he day

Besides lets look at the bigger picture..In big games in the Champions League ,do you think quality opposition would present you with many chances ?No..You would have to bury the limited oppurtunities you get..PERIOD.

I'd rather take a team scoring 2 goals in 3 chances than a team putting 2 goals out of 10-15 chances into the back of the net.I think you guys are heavily underestimating our creativity department..If only Vucinic managed to keep consistency during the entire course of the season we wouldnt even be having this debate.

Yup Suarez can score goals but he misses way too much..Like Vlafy said had Suarez consistently put the ball in the back of the net (which he should have),Liverpool would be in CL spots..Dont get me wrong I'd love have to Suarez in the team as long as we buy another clinical CF ,but our budget constraints may not allow us for that to happen which is why i am not very keen on this move..A top cf would be my priority.

It goes both ways
The more chances you create- the more you'll score
The more clinical your strikers are- the more you'll score

Rarely will you have one without the other, a team that creates a large number of chances can make most strikers look extremely clinical. Don't be deceived by strikers who score a ton of goals, look at how many shots they take or the way they score the goals they do.

In any case, Conte has requested two strikers. Odds are that means one creative type and one goal scorer- best of both worlds.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Mon May 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Suarez!
I think he will fit to our game style.
Technical player,great dribbler,and very good shot,a player with vision and dangerous in and outside the penalty area,this makes him very dangerous and completed attacker,perfect for Juve.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri May 18, 2012 11:31 pm

This is my dream, and very possible. Get one of the Napoli stars, and one more to compliment them. Theres no way, even if we could afford it, that Napoli would sell us both Cavani and Lavezzi. So go for Lavezzi, and bring in Falcao. Or bring in Cavani, and bring back Giovinco.

--Buffon--
--Lichsteiner-- --Barzagli-- --Chiellini-- --De Ceglie/Criscito--
--Vidal-- --Pirlo (verratti)-- --Marchisio--
--Giovinco/Lavezzi-- --Falcao/Cavani-- --Vucinic--

This would make us serious CL contenders.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2