Enrique: ‘I’m leaving’ - report

+2
Tifoso Romanista
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

Enrique: ‘I’m leaving’ - report  Empty Enrique: ‘I’m leaving’ - report

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Luis Enrique has reportedly decided to leave Roma at the end of the season, as speculation mounts that he has informed his players so in training today.

The Spanish Coach was brought in last summer to implement a new style of play to the Giallorossi and was backed with investment in the market and support from the club’s directors.

However, things have taken a turn for the worse in recent weeks, with fans protesting against the team and critics in the media also turning on the Coach, leading to speculation that he could leave and his subsequent refusal to rule that out.

Pictures taken from Roma’s training session at Trigoria today show the Coach addressing the entire staff, where speculation is growing that he informed them of his decision to leave.

“I’m going. It is a great defeat that I was unable to convey my ideas,” Enrique reportedly told the assembled group. “I'm leaving Roma because I could not give 100 per cent. I made some choices and mistakes, I'm sorry.”

Several news outlets including Mediaset and the Corriere dello Sport are reporting that he will be leaving the club, although an official confirmation is yet to come.

Former Roma player Vincenzo Montella is the early favourite to succeed Enrique for next season, having previously coached at the club at the end of 2010-11 and having since impressed this term at Catania.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Enrique: ‘I’m leaving’ - report  Empty Re: Enrique: ‘I’m leaving’ - report

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 10, 2012 5:00 pm

banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu May 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Im dissapointed..
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Luis Enrique: "Roma, I'm leaving"
That's what the coach told his players

Milano, 10 May 2012

At the end of the training session in Trigoria today, the Spanish coach told his players that he is leaving at the end of the season. Everyone was extremely emotional. There had been strong rumours about the future of the coach for a while. Now the race is on to find his successor: Montella is the hot favourite

Luis Enrique is quitting Roma. Now, it’s more than just a rumour. The giallorossi coach told his players at training on Thursday as the side prepares for the game against Cesena on Sunday. On the pitch at Trigoria, at the end of the training session, the coach gathered his coaching staff and all the squad, sat down on a football at the centre of the group. At the end of a discussion he told everyone he was leaving.

Emotion— Luis Enrique was clearly emotional, his eyes glistening. Roma General Manager Franco Baldini and Director of Football Walter Sabatini, who obviously knew what was going to happen, watched on from a balcony. It all made for a very moving scene. The coach thanked everyone and apologised to the players he hadn’t given more first team opportunities to ("As coach, I do have to make certain decision."). The chat was over in a matter of minutes. The coach, from Asturia in northern Spain, who failed to reach the objective the club set him for next season - European qualification - and who led Roma to elimination in the preliminary rounds of the Europa League this season, lost both Rome derbies and suffered 14 defeats in the 37 Serie A games he has been in charge of, told his players he accepted full responsibility for the miserable season: "For me, as it is, leaving is a big defeat. I haven’t been able to get across what I wanted to. I haven’t been able to give 100% and put my ideas into practice on the pitch. I’m sorry for not having been able to bring out the true ability of every single one of you. I’m leaving not because anyone is to blame, but because I can’t coach the club the way I want to. I feel drained." The players were immediately full of praise for him. They have tremendous respect for him. What next? There has been talk of Villas Boas taking over. But if truth be known, Vincenzo Montella is in pole position. His return to the club is ever close as he prepares to bid farewell to Catania.

http://english.gazzetta.it/Football/10-05-2012/luis-enrique-roma-m-leaving-that-s-what-the-coach-told-his-players-911189931215.shtml
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Smile first good decision Enrique ever made
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Now that he's actually leaving I'm not quite sure how I feel about this.Mixed emotions if I'm to be honest,sort of fell sorry for him in a way.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 10, 2012 7:21 pm

He could have been sacked if he stayed even though ive been critisied over here but the truth is what he said himself that "I haven’t been able to get across what I wanted to" That is exactly what i was saying all these time
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 10, 2012 10:32 pm

That's too bad, really.

We'll see how this fares for Roma later...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Fri May 11, 2012 3:31 am

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to stop him from leaving, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get to see another year of Luis Enrique.

One year is hardly enough time to implement what he was trying to do. He only had one market. This year should have been his first look at the current crop of players (at Roma) the primavera, and also time for him to get a gauge on Serie A...

I am a bit miffed he called it quits already, esp with the full support of all the players and upper management. Seems a bit cowardly, but if you had the fans on your case like Enrique has had the last month or so, maybe its hard to blame the guy.

The mentality that I can't stand in Rome is the whole WIN NOW attitude. Not very often do you hire a new coach and finish top of the league undefeated (which it seems sadly some Romanistas seem to expect)...unless you set aside funds out of your budget to bribe officials. *cough*

So long Luis, I honestly wish you stayed in Spain to begin with, now I have to think about what could of been.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri May 11, 2012 9:00 am

Baldini: "Luis Enrique? Already wanted to leave after the Fiorentina. On Monday, the Board, I submit to the judgment of the Board. Guardiola fiction"

The dg Romanist, Franco Baldini , spoke to Sky Tg 24 . Here are his words. "Luis Enrique goes away? We were his audience throughout the year. We had already said to be a bit 'after the match with Fiorentina had shown with certainty that intention. The decision was taken after a mini challenge, polite. He said that it was the right day to make this decision, many were divided on its approach, which still consider very good and I invited him to go all the way to the championship. " What is changed? "For those who like him live viscerally understands his job is that the results are influential. He said several things in the conference, tomorrow will explain it better, but I think his was above all a physical consumption, the amount of energy it really bruised. I do not think this year will train again. " It will keep his promise to resign? "There was a fan who asked to send by Luis Enrique and I told him that I'd gone. resign would reward me and tell me escape my responsibilities. The project has not failed, ours is an idea that football can be adjusted in Italy. Statistics of the League and the proposal on the quality of the game I point out that Rome is the first in the possession of the ball, though perhaps I should be silent on those concerning the defense. We are the leaders in all those charts that speak of quality football, alternately behind only AC Milan and Juventus, this idea was expressed, but needed some adjustments as evidenced by the results. L ' ups and downs in the league has failed to perceive. " When the new coach? It starts from Montella? "I can not say. Since we knew we thought of farewell to Luis to many names without contacting anyone." Big shots in the market? The American company wants to invest? "I want to do, you can not pull back after having healed all debts. Monday there will be the Board, I am bound to this project and gonna put the mandate to the judgment of the Board. If they are not happy with me I go. I will not resign. " Guardiola is a dream? "I told him I was tired of winning if you could come to us. Seeing it here is fiction"

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri May 11, 2012 3:00 pm

The day after the last defeat at Fiorentina and the first major uncertainties of Luis Enrique, Baldini would contact Fabio Capello to verify its readiness for a return as coach of Roma. The former England coach would have given his availability on one condition: the guarantee to buy some players indicated by him. Baldini, along with Sabatini and the American presidency, would still evaluating the possibility of satisfying his demands. Unless unexpected, for the beginning of next week, would have scheduled a meeting between Baldini and Capello to come to a conclusion: if which does not accept the technical guide, Baldini would be willing to offer him a role as manager and technical manager in AS Roma. Americans sarebbo Rome in favor of having a name like Fabio Capello, very important in terms of international image, very well known overseas . MG 26/4 cheers ForzA Capello
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down