22 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Laptop Related - Page 2 Empty Re: Laptop Related

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri May 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Desktop?
Where are the laptops :vagi:.
I just took the stat off Wiki, sweetie.

You should be pissed that your iPod breaks so often, not happy that they're fixing it for you.
Say, you got robbed about seven times in one year, and each time, your alarm company got you a 'better' alarm, would you be happier that you got robbed, or that you got a 'better' alarm?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri May 11, 2012 1:45 pm

That was one thing I was looking for. An individual breakdown of laptops and desktop computing. As for laptops seeing how low the cost of windows computers are now it would make sense that it's already over taken XP but don't quote me on that.

Like I said 7 is overtaking XP and seeing as they have stopped support ( or are going to idk which) its just a matter of time.

But considering XP is a decade old. And its still up there means something.

I've tried finding market share that distinguishes between laptop and desktop and none have a breakdown of that. So it would seem as if it isn't relevant when consider market share a whole.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri May 11, 2012 1:48 pm

People are just retarded and lazy, and XP is easier to pirate anyway, so there're lots of illegal copies Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri May 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Laptop Related - Page 2 Mac-pc
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri May 11, 2012 4:05 pm

ColoJunior wrote:You calling my statement bs find a site any site telling me otherwise.
Heres another.

http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=11&qpcustomb=0

Xp is just now dropping and it's still on top despite being what? Almost a decade old?

so?

xp is a reliable operating system, still working well after a decade... switching to a newer version is expensive as shit, that's why 43% of the market apparently haven't done in yet... hell my university only switched two years ago, because the license costs a ton of money and it comes with reworking the servers as well...

what exactly is your point? that windows is losing market share to apple? no, it isn't... same website you posted, ALL mac os users listed combined amount for a smaller percentage than freaking vista users

The_ItalianFool wrote:Laptop Related - Page 2 Mac-pc

[Find one without the profanity]
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri May 11, 2012 10:36 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:People are just retarded and lazy, and XP is easier to pirate anyway, so there're lots of illegal copies Razz.

So they put into account illegal pirated copies of Windows XP into Market Share count? Ok. Sure.

@Che.
There isn't really a point I was getting to. I was simply stating that Windows is the computer world. Seeing as that I quoted the amount of market share Windows has. You said
che wrote:bullshit... i'd ask you to provide quotes but you wouldn't find any

All I stated and reiterated was that PC is the dominant force. And that XP is what is currently the top (slowly dropping) holder of that market share in general.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri May 11, 2012 11:08 pm

che is just butthurt, i'm serious, macbook is the best laptop i've ever touched in my life

i made the mistake of buying a 2GB RAM macbook, that sucks becouse it's lagging abit nowadays, just bought a 8GB RAM now and it's working perfectly, everything is so smooth.

Mac >>>>>>> PC

FYI I've a Macbook and a Gaming Desktop, use my PC as my console and my Macbook for everything else
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri May 11, 2012 11:23 pm

oh god there's that "smooth" again

what the hell were you people running before, calculators with windows nt?

either that or this just proves that macs are for people who think google is a magical answering machine and spyware is something tom cruise uses to fight terrorism

sure, it's easier to get a mac to run smoothly because it's made for idiots, doesn't mean you can't get superior performance from a pc if you can handle it properly
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 12, 2012 3:00 am

I honestly don't really understand the whole 'smooth' concept either.

I've got a PC that we've been using since 2007, use Windows, it's been hit by viruses several times, and it still runs fine. Maybe a bit slower than it was when it was new but there's a helluva lot more things on it than back then too. For me, it runs relatively smooth.

It seems like as long as you're not an idiot with your computer, it shouldn't really break down or become slow as hell. And then if it does it's really not hard to find the problem and fix it and then bam you're good again.

I thought the whole ipod touch story was funny. How do you break it so many times? Once again, my brother has had one for 2 years now and uses it often and it's never broke or has a scratch on it. So I guess I don't care much for the 'quality service' because if your taking quality care of it, you really shouldn't have a problem. Although to be honest he should at least break it once and get some kind of investment out of the ridiculous prices Razz

Personally I appreciate that Mac is quality (for the most part), and put together nicely, but I'll never buy a Mac in my life, and I don't see why you can't get similar or better performance out of a PC with the right knowledge, as Che pointed out. Without spending as much money- too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat May 12, 2012 11:20 am

They probably include pirated Macs in the count as well.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat May 12, 2012 12:06 pm

So your argument is: I don't know what people are talking about when they say Macs are better, smoother, and put together better, but I am going to assume Windows is just as good anyways and never buy a Mac.

If you can't see how Macs are more smooth(both faster and a more user friendly operating system), it's because you havent properly spent time on a mac.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat May 12, 2012 12:28 pm

I'll say they're smoother, I won't say they're more user friendly Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat May 12, 2012 12:30 pm

And google is a magic answering macine.... :study:
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat May 12, 2012 1:40 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:And google is a magic answering macine.... :study:
Google is an amazing company that codes Android :vagi:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Sat May 12, 2012 4:47 pm

A PC literally rapes a Mac of the same price. The only thing mac has over PC is the design, which is arguable. Mac is useful if your use is specific. But if you want an all-around fun, PC is for you.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 14, 2012 4:07 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:So your argument is: I don't know what people are talking about when they say Macs are better, smoother, and put together better, but I am going to assume Windows is just as good anyways and never buy a Mac.

If you can't see how Macs are more smooth(both faster and a more user friendly operating system), it's because you havent properly spent time on a mac.

No no no you've got me all wrong. That makes me sound like an idiot.

I'll personally never buy a Mac because I just think that-while they are put together nicely and all- they are very overpriced, and that reason plus me being a cheap person, I will never buy a Mac.

The whole quality stuff, I understand it, but I don't appreciate it. I'd take a slightly less 'smooth' computer for a much lower price any day. Especially when it's completely possible for the average person to take that and make it a good (or better) computer.

Maybe you can say I have low standards- and that's true. As long as I'm not fighting the computer and it's relatively fast (both things this 5 year old PC does...) then I'm fine. Now if someone has the extra money they want to burn and they want to get a Mac, go ahead! But I'll keep my extra money and put it towards something a bit more valuable to me. Maybe I'll buy another Barca jersey... this is bordering on off topic though, if it isn't already.

Anyway, these are all personal reasons- rather than reasons to buy a PC vs a Mac. Don't get that mixed up now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon May 14, 2012 4:21 am

^very valid points.

For the most part it's all a matter of preference followed by and not always "budget"

Il pick a MacBook eventually though
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon May 14, 2012 4:02 pm

I have always said Apple are a bunch of geniuses, maybe Liverpool can learn a thing or two from them for branding, we need to get that Asian market. Some shit said hear deserves a epic face palm. I still don't get how people don't think windows 7 isn't that user friendly, does everyone need everything dumbed down to the shithouse before they use it? Unless i was given a free apple product the iphone 3 will be my last ever purchase, unless shit changes.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon May 14, 2012 7:03 pm

mr-r34 wrote:I have always said Apple are a bunch of geniuses, maybe Liverpool can learn a thing or two from them for branding, we need to get that Asian market. Some shit said hear deserves a epic face palm. I still don't get how people don't think windows 7 isn't that user friendly, does everyone need everything dumbed down to the shithouse before they use it? Unless i was given a free apple product the iphone 3 will be my last ever purchase, unless shit changes.

they dumbed down win 8 even more.... it's just big big buttons like on the win phones
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Windows 8 MUI or whatever it's called is such shit.
They even got rid of the "start menu" button
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon May 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Macs are overpriced as shit.

You have no reason not to get a PC because Windows ain't shit anymore like it used to be.

But yeah, Win 7. Stay away from that Win8 blasphemy.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue May 15, 2012 2:05 am

Windows 7 is great it's what Vista should of been.
Windows 8 is an abomination.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue May 15, 2012 3:04 am

ColoJunior wrote:Windows 7 is great it's what Vista should of been.
Windows 8 is an abomination.

People will get used to Win 8.... i heard you can remove the Metro Style if you want to... There are alot of new additions to Win 8, like Kinect controls
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue May 15, 2012 3:21 am

Che hates hipsters so much he has no choice but to shit on Apple :bow:

Anyway I have a macbook pro, had it for over 3 years now, and I f*cking love it, but I don't use mine for any games so I can't help you at all there...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue May 15, 2012 5:19 am

OP update

I went to a local apple dealer and the prices were cut in half! The cheapest I've ever seen in the fruits market.

Can't say the same about Apple's Mac though. /endlamejoke

I ignored the price and checked out the features and the touch pad was amazing. It's exactly something I've been looking for. Most of the laptops today do not even have a scroll button on the mouse pad or whatever you call it. I don't want to think about buying a mouse whenever I use the laptop so it's perfect.

The webcam camera in the front is HD, which is a plus point for me. I'll be leaving at the end of the year to either Australia or Singapore so I'll be skyping a lot. I don't want to buy an external webcam or settle with a low quality one on board

Keyboard layout was good too. I don't really like laptop keyboards and this wasn't any different. But compared to most of the keyboards out there, with the back light and large buttons, I think I can get used to that

The specs are good enough for me. I'll be taking the upgraded 8GB RAM but I'll settle with an i5 and instead of the ATI graphics, I'll take the Intel HD 3000 something; I heard it's okay.

I get the fact that I can assemble a PC laptop much cheaper or at the same price, but the all in one package that the Mac offers, and the hardware and design wins it for me.

I checked out the ultrabooks like imalegend said but its almost in the same price range as the Mac right?

Either way, I'm not buying one until late this year cos my trip has been delayed. Hope I could come across a better laptop, or a low priced Mac Pro by then since newer versions are going to be released
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue May 15, 2012 8:21 am

I'm not a rabid Apple fanboy...I had an iphone4 (Which I enjoyed) for about a year but otherwise never owned any other iphone, ipod etc...I'm a closet tech geek and even built a PC from the ground up on my own...But I'm strictly a MBP user, been that way for almost 6 years now...Never say never but I am quite content with it

How many PC laptop users can say their laptop has never crashed in 6 years?...I wager no one...I can say that about the 3 MBPs I've had in that time though

I will say though, I'm not thrilled with the direction Apple & it's OS has been heading
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next