Ganso
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
73 posters

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Official Copa America Thread  - Page 25 Empty Re: Official Copa America Thread

Post by M99 Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:10 am

Fuck the ref though. Only 90 seconds of football was actually played in the five minutes of extra time and he blew the whistle during an attack while the clock didn't even reach five minutes.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:05 am

The game was kind of shit, as all argentina games in the scaloni era are, but we won and thats all that matters. Against Brazil! In the Maracanã! Fuck yes.

Got lucky and got good di maria today. His first touch on the goal was banderas.gif
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:07 am

@robespierre yes de Paul convinced me today Molenation
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:45 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The game was kind of shit, as all argentina games in the scaloni era are, but we won and thats all that matters. Against Brazil! In the Maracanã! Fuck yes.

Got lucky and got good di maria today. His first touch on the goal was banderas.gif

Congrats BC!!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:23 am

M99 wrote:Fuck the ref though. Only 90 seconds of football was actually played in the five minutes of extra time and he blew the whistle during an attack while the clock didn't even reach five minutes.

Thought the referee was decent enough overall but yeah, another minute would have been warranted

Brazil's problem is that these days, their sense of entitlement and their douchiness far exceeds their footballing quality.
Which is quite a feat for someone with proper elite, generational quality like Neymar, much easier to do for the rest of the team which really is just a bunch of sad scrubs if we take out the core of central defense, and Casemiro.

Richarlison,  really? Everton, Lodi, who are these zeros? Fred frm Man United, seriously? Clowns like Gabigol..

And then there's world class performer and winner in Fabinho on the bench, Jesus fucking Christ.
I know that Tite is very highly rated but the team he put out was crap, and the changes he made were crap too.

Argentina on the other hand, well coached, balanced, a good team. And individually they're not much better, especially since Messi didn't really show up. They were just a  better team.
Best Argentina team I've seen in 10 years.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:44 am

Best Argentina team I've seen in 10 years. No doubt.

Finally, they have a solid keeper, solid defense, and a decent midfield. And a decent coach. This team can reach WC semi if they continue working together.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:40 pm

I watched the game today in the mediatek. First of all, Congrats BC, the title is well deserved. Second, what happened to Brazil? I haven't been following them for a long time but they seem like a bunch of average scrubs + Neymar + Casemiro, really disappointing for a football nation like Brazil. I was surprised by the level of team work in the Argentinian team. They didn't look like out of this world but the 11 was a proper team. Strangely enough, I didn't notice any meaningful contribution by Messi, still the team felt better, more complete than in previous yearsThe highlight was Di Maria's first touch for the goal.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:40 pm

I think the 2014 team was better. But in the end all that matters are results.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:50 pm

neuro11 wrote:Best Argentina team I've seen in 10 years. No doubt.

Finally, they have a solid keeper, solid defense, and a decent midfield. And a decent coach. This team can reach WC semi if they continue working together.

This is definitely not the best Argentina team I've seen in ten years. At all. However, it's the only Argentine team that won since Mark Whalberg was Marky Mark so...yeah why not.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:05 pm

M99 wrote:This Maracanazo 2 should hopefully banish the likes of Richarlison, Lodi, Fred and Everton from the national team forever.
Seriously, in no other timeline in the history of Brasil's National team set up would those players have made the squad other than now.

I don't know what Brasil used to do when she was developing genuine world class footballers but they need to go back to that. Because this, nah, this ain't cutting it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Let's not get carried away, Tite had not lost in 3 years with that team and Brazil certainly had their chances to equalize. They're still amongst the favorites for Qatar.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:46 pm

They are Brasil, they would always be among the favourites.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:06 pm

Wooo hoooo, congrats to Argentina FINALLY. Been forever supporting them to win something and Copa would do, its just been to longgggggggggggg waiting Very Happy

Havent followed the NTs, but yea this Argentina team just seem much more solid and defesively strong, even Otamendi is doing well tells u a lot Razz

Di Maria is so key, he was out of the WC final which weakened them so much the opposition just have to d Messi, this time he proved key again. The midfield as others had said are so improved finally.

Brazil agree as well, just not as good as in the previous era players wise u feel, Danilo? Lodi? Etc., and then u bring on Firmino who u need goals with Richardlison wide, and Neymar just being fouled whenever he gets the ball.

Argentina played smart, and agree also the ref just blew the whistle b4 the times up when Brazil could have gone on for a counter at the end which weird.

Anyway, just sooo happy for Messi too, u can see everybody sharing the happiness for winning something finally he so deserves! :wub:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:28 pm

Neymar dribbling past three Argentine players and then getting dispossessed by Firmino summed up the match for Brazil.

There's no way they are one of the favorites for Qatar unless Coutinho, Firmino, Jesus, Arthur go back to they how good they were a few years ago and the likes of Paqueta, Guimaraes, Ralphinia, Martinelli, Emerson Royal develop into truly great players and mainstays of the NT. Until then they will be scrub killers which will pad their stats and crash out to the first good team they face.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:34 pm

De Paul was unreal. What a performance.

This was an enjoyable game surprisingly as I thought it would be a lot more scrappy.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:39 pm

M99 wrote:Neymar dribbling past three Argentine players and then getting dispossessed by Firmino summed up the match for Brazil
I actually laughed when I saw that. Best defensive striker in the world imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:41 pm

M99 wrote:Neymar dribbling past three Argentine players and then getting dispossessed by Firmino summed up the match for Brazil.

There's no way they are one of the favorites for Qatar unless Coutinho, Firmino, Jesus, Arthur go back to they how good they were a few years ago and the likes of Paqueta, Guimaraes, Ralphinia, Martinelli, Emerson Royal develop into truly great players and mainstays of the NT. Until then they will be scrub killers which will pad their stats and crash out to the first good team they face.

The most worrying thing is how clueless Tite looked. Every 45 minutes, it was a different tactical system and personnel.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:51 pm

elitedam wrote:
M99 wrote:Neymar dribbling past three Argentine players and then getting dispossessed by Firmino summed up the match for Brazil.

The most worrying thing is how clueless Tite looked. Every 45 minutes, it was a different tactical system and personnel.

Tell me something (if you can that is), what exactly has happened with the development of footballers in Brasil where the talent pool is strangely limited, well, from my view anyway?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:58 pm

I will say it is a bit strange to see Brazil dry with talent upfront anyway. The litterally just have Neymar and that's about it. I get that the previous generation to that (Ronaldinho, Kaka, et al) had big shoes to fill but never thought I'd see Brazil struggle to produce an actual creative force for their national team.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:00 pm

elitedam wrote:

Yup, just bought on attacker after attacker like an amateur. No game plan at all. Took off everyone with a yellow card like he wanted to be praised by the commentators in FIFA.

What worries me more about lack of player talent is lack of coaching talent in Brazil. Who is there apart from Tite? Argentina has Pochettino and Simeone waiting on the sidelines potentially.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:18 pm

Doc wrote:
elitedam wrote:

Tell me something (if you can that is), what exactly has happened with the development of footballers in Brasil where the talent pool is strangely limited, well, from my view anyway?!

I have no idea really. Maybe it's just a poor cycle? Or maybe it's the lackluster coaching and organization? A combination of two? I don't know.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Doc wrote:
M99 wrote:Neymar dribbling past three Argentine players and then getting dispossessed by Firmino summed up the match for Brazil

Tackles/90min rate is insane
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:26 pm

M99 wrote:
elitedam wrote:

Yup, just bought on attacker after attacker like an amateur. No game plan at all. Took off everyone with a yellow card like he wanted to be praised by the commentators in FIFA.

What worries me more about lack of player talent is lack of coaching talent in Brazil. Who is there apart from Tite? Argentina has Pochettino and Simeone waiting on the sidelines potentially.

Yeah, coaching is a huge problem, at all levels. It feels like we're so far behind in that aspect. I don't know how you fix things with the way the CBF is. It's such a shitshow. A bunch of incompetent, corrupt fucks.

Renato Gaucho is the obvious choice if Tite goes, which he won't.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:29 pm

CBarca wrote:
Doc wrote:

Tackles/90min rate is insane

Levels
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:01 pm

elitedam wrote:Yeah, coaching is a huge problem, at all levels. It feels like we're so far behind in that aspect. I don't know how you fix things with the way the CBF is. It's such a shitshow. A bunch of incompetent, corrupt fucks.
Before Scaloni took over it was the same with AFA and still is. Let's not forget he was an assistant and caretaker before somehow managing to land the job permanently.

As for criticising Scaloni, he has made weird decisions like not calling Ocampos and Foyth.

Also don't agree that he has improved our defence. We have just become a more defensive team, which seems to be the way forward for international competitions.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next