rwo power
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
Sushi Master
Abramovich
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How good is Cesar Azpilicueta? - Page 2 Empty Re: How good is Cesar Azpilicueta?

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:21 pm

Good player, still very young so a lot to learn. Will do well at Chelsea

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How good is Cesar Azpilicueta? - Page 2 Empty Re: How good is Cesar Azpilicueta?

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:27 pm

I have watched him play a lot and I even started a thread a long time ago when he went to France what a shock it was.

Most of the bigger teams in Spain and some in Englad were lining up to sign him and then bam, out of nowhere he signs for a french team. It just never made any sense to me.

He is class and will be in the Spanish side sooner or later. He can play with both feet and can go forward as he started his career as a midfielder. With that being said he is not a wing back like Marcelo (no offense just first name that came to mind and dont turn this into a Marcelo thread) who looks great going forward but lacks in his defensive duties.

He is just as good a defender even better in fact then he is going forward and my favorite thing about him is he always seems to step up his play against good competition, plus he is very versatile.

I always liked him a lot more then others so it may seem like this is over praising him but I would have liked to see him in a blue and red jersey a couple years ago.

With all the positives I will give you a negative. He is much better as a starter then coming off the bench. He plays best when he knows his position is his and has a good working relationship with his defensive partners.

When he comes off the bench he can look a little lost in the game.

But I love this player and whatever you payed for him is a steal.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Gil wrote:So basically he's a 10x superior version Santon (Maldini's heir Laughing) then?

:bow:

Dunno why you keep laughing for i never called him Maldini's heir, the italian media did Laughing

Plus Maldini's heir set up 1 of our goals in our 2-0 victory against you last year :coffee:

Anyway if you want to make the comparison, he's different to Santon, Santon is a better dribbler and technically better but Azpi is more powerful and athletic.

He will make off the ball runs rather than creating something for himself like Santon would.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:33 pm

No one called him Maldini's heir.He was only dubbed the 'New Maldini' like they have a habit of doing the same to many young Italian prospects.Like Rannochia was dubbed as the 'New Nesta' ,Veratti 'New Pirlo' and so on.

Though Maldini himself proclaimed Sergio Ramos as his heir No
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:34 pm

We signed him for around £7m according to reports.

That means Oscar, Moses and Azpilicueta were signed for less than Hulk would have cost us.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Chelsea have finally learnt to be shrewd in the market :coffee: (Although all three did cost a fair bit tbh Laughing)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Surag wrote:Chelsea have finally learnt to be shrewd in the market :coffee: (Although all three did cost a fair bit tbh Laughing)

Still expensive but as Whelan(Wigan pres) said it took us 5 bids to get Moses. So at least we're not just going in and paying stupid money for the players. When players like Steven Fletcher are going for £12m i'm happy with most of the deals we've done in a very infalted market.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Surag wrote:Wait until Arq discovers this thread to overrate him now :coffee:

Discovered. :coffee:

OT: Gil asked me on how good Azpulicueta was so I'll just repost what I did earlier

Gil, this is a question I ask myself many times. You must understand for all my reverence and fanship for the phenom that is Del Bosque, he equally frustrates me with his poor selections.

Should I elaborate? Placing the painfully average Alvaro Arbeloa of Iraola, placing Jordi Alba as LB whereas Djamel Mesbah of Milan can even defend better than him? Who should have been placed? Didac Vila after his wonderful season as LB for Espanyol, Naxto Monreal, Jon Aurtunexte of Athletic who is absolutely a superb talent.

Up front? Sorry to say this but Torres over Llorente (this is debatable given VDB's faith for Torres), and of course, NEGREDO. Which ends this debate on his wayward selection policy.

He is like Marcelo Lippi who is equally brilliant but equally bad in selecting his team.

U-21? Don't ask

Madrid are linked with many players yet Marsielle was strong in their stance in keeping him.

Is he that good? Damn right he is. Only problem is he is injury-prone which effects his form sometimes.

As otherwise he is a supremely talented RB. I'd say the most complete youngster RB.

Example? See him marking out Ribery twice without breaking a sweat.

And theres no shame in comparing Santon to Azpi at all. If anything Santon is the more technically gifted and accomplished player while Azpulicueta edges him in mentality and athleticism. Santon being Maldini's heir isn't any stretch as I'd compare him more to Faccheti. Santon has all the talent in the world to become the worlds best fullback given he is the most technically gifted FB in the PL.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:48 pm

How come RM didint bid for him?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Santon if he stays injury free will be a Man City player in the future as long as Mancini is there.I can see it happening tbh.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Surag wrote:Santon if he stays injury free will be a Man City player in the future as long as Mancini is there.I can see it happening tbh.

Thats a realistic prediction.

Yet given Madrid's fullback inconsistencies and of course, the fact that Mourinho played a vital role in Santon's upbringing, I can see Madrid making a bid for him some time or another. Santon along with Balotelli were two of his most favourite youth prospects as I haven't seen so much praise given to a youngster by Mou as I have on Santon.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:01 pm

As long as we get good money to replace him lol.

Anyway Arq's comparison is nailed on, Santon is better technically and accomplished but Azpi has better mentality and athleticism.

Also not sure why people laugh at Santon? he's a threat going forward and since he started games consistently i'd hardly seen any winger really do him over.

Anyway said my piece on that, Azpi will be a very good signing for Chelsea.

Any word on whether he can play tomorrow or not btw?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:05 pm

by the way Mole, PSG is going to buy Debuchy. Leo confirmed contact with both agent and Lille....

As far as Azpi, very solid. Great get by chelsea imo.

Last edited by sportsczy on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As long as we get good money to replace him lol.

Anyway Arq's comparison is nailed on, Santon is better technically and accomplished but Azpi has better mentality and athleticism.

Also not sure why people laugh at Santon? he's a threat going forward and since he started games consistently i'd hardly seen any winger really do him over.

Anyway said my piece on that, Azpi will be a very good signing for Chelsea.

Any word on whether he can play tomorrow or not btw?

Knowing Mou's fondness for him and Madrid's unintelligent spending I'm sure you'll be rewarded handsomely.

People laugh at Santon simply because he is they haven't seen such a young fullback so technically astute in his skill or reading. Or maybe because its his good looks. lol

Only time I see Santon being beaten is due to his concentration lapses as like Pique he just turns off sometimes and leaves his position open. Yet on his A game he is unbeatable.

Thankfully Pardew seems to have a knack for leadership as he raises players well.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:by the way Mole, PSG is going to buy Debuchy. Leo confirmed contact with both agent and Lille....

As far as Azpi, very solid. Great get by chelsea imo.

He confirmed contact with his agent as far as i'm aware but nothing else....

He also confirmed there was no bid.....

Anyway if we are going to be so cheap this is what we deserve, we should have had this done and dusted 2 months ago.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Hey mole do you remember what you was saying last month? About VDW Laughing same goes for you. He is still available for signing go go ashely!
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Abramovich wrote:Hey mole do you remember what you was saying last month? About VDW Laughing same goes for you. He is still available for signing go go ashely!

Already turned us down Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Jenkinson is better.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Was hoping we signed him tbh.

But at least Gil can have his wank now. :coffee:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Poor mans Rafael.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:56 pm

hmm Didn't Chelsea sign Van Der Wiel?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:06 pm

El Shaarawy wrote: hmm Didn't Chelsea sign Van Der Wiel?

Still at Ajax mate, we tried to get him but he turned us down.

Wants CL football but wants to leave Ajax too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Valencia were interested too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:38 pm

You were right Arq. He's pretty f***** good tbh.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:by the way Mole, PSG is going to buy Debuchy.

How good is Cesar Azpilicueta? - Page 2 37329810
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Gil wrote:You were right Arq. He's pretty f***** good tbh.

I'm surprised as the Azpi I am seeing in Chelsea is a level below I saw previously. Obviously, it comes down to him recovering from his past injuries and that he isn't getting enough chances as he should be, merited or not.

Which is good news as there is room for much more from what you can see from him. It helps that Ashley Cole has taken him under his wing to assist his development as there is little doubt that he will nail down the flank spot. Can also play well on the Left if asked.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next