Gomez83
the xcx
pUsHa
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole  - Page 3 Empty Re: Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:28 am

Surely using the same logic that makes Stoke are a trash club and trash fans because they boo'd Ramsey would be reciprocated and make Arsenal a trash club with trash fans considering it was them who started booing Shawcross.

All the Stoke fans did was respond to the abuse Arsenal fans were chanting at their captain. There was also a large mob of arsenal fans who congregated and waited around the Tunnel to hurl further abuse at Shawcross after the game had finished.

Yes Arsenal fans can cry Shawcross broke his leg. But Boo Hoo its a football game, a contact sport. Accidents and injuries happen, as much as Wenger ad Arsenal would like to transform the game into a Ballet dancer contest.

When the incident happened both TP and Shawcross offered their apologies and to go see Ramsey but they were refused. Instead they went about attacking Shawcross ad vilifying him.

Would Arsenal fans have treated one of their own with such contempt had they injured another player, no they would get behind him.

The tackle had unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances but it was years ago now, time to move on. Stop making such a drama out of it.

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole  - Page 3 Empty Re: Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:29 pm

People can say what they want about Stoke fans, call them hooligans or whatever, but other than Liverpool they're the only set of fans in England that will chant for their team louder than opposing fan's whether they're winning or 0-5 down in a cup final.

Home or Away.

I just think that at the end of the day, a bunch of fans selfless enough to do that can dore more good than bad in the world of football.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:47 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:Surely using the same logic that makes Stoke are a trash club and trash fans because they boo'd Ramsey would be reciprocated and make Arsenal a trash club with trash fans considering it was them who started booing Shawcross
Ah i see. So Chelsea should be allowed to boo Anton Ferdinand today and they'd be justified in doing so?

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:There was also a large mob of arsenal fans who congregated and waited around the Tunnel to hurl further abuse at Shawcross after the game had finished
Now you're making things up, eh? How long did it take you to scoop this little gem out of your rear?

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:Yes Arsenal fans can cry Shawcross broke his leg. But Boo Hoo its a football game, a contact sport. Accidents and injuries happen, as much as Wenger ad Arsenal would like to transform the game into a Ballet dancer contest
I almost forgot who i was speaking to for a second, I don't expect any other way of thinking from a club who are a few less braincells away from being Stoke 2.0, who think broken legs, concussions and missing teeth are "part of the game"

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:When the incident happened both TP and Shawcross offered their apologies and to go see Ramsey but they were refused. Instead they went about attacking Shawcross ad vilifying him
More fabricating? Oh dear, we're on a roll today. Ramsey refused to accept Shawcross' apology, but he never attacked him Laughing He thanked Glenn Whelan and fans from both clubs for their support. Stop making up bullshit.

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:Would Arsenal fans have treated one of their own with such contempt had they injured another player, no they would get behind him
What they wouldn't do is boo the player he injured

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:The tackle had unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances but it was years ago now, time to move on. Stop making such a drama out of it
Sure, why not. Ramsey lost a year of his career and is now a shadow of what he was before the injury, while Shawcross is still his healthy, mediocre self. Let's just "move on" Rolling Eyes

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Shoo! What a heated thread. I do think racially abusing a player is much worse than this though. @lex, i think you need to calm down a bit here...
On a side note, none of the 'big' six teams in the PL won at the Brittania this season(sorry Mole,your team overachieved) . So much for the Britania being a fortress being a myth lol.
inbefore"are yousureyouareanarsenalfan".
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Lol wut many teams have won or drawn at the Britannia this season not just us......

They have won 7 times from 17 games at home...... hardly "fortress" form

Also yh we probably have over achieved, but not sure what that has to do with us beating Stoke home and away and Stoke's overrated home form.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:42 pm

i can safely attest to "cold night at brittania" being a myth

based on the level of "football" stoke showed against us, it amazes me how they're playing top division football, and the band of lunatics who worship the club are the rotting cherry on a turd cake
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Lol. Calm down mole. I am pretty much sure that the reason people claim its a fortress is the way top teams struggle there, hence the aforementioned teams record this season. As for Newcastle, it was a joke man. But, wait till next season when Stoke realise you are now a top team again, you will feel the full effect of the Brittania.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:53 pm

I am calm mate lol, i just questioned some of the things in your post.....

Its cool.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Lol. Calm down mole. I am pretty much sure that the reason people claim its a fortress is the way top teams struggle there, hence the aforementioned teams record this season. As for Newcastle, it was a joke man. But, wait till next season when Stoke realise you are now a top team again, you will feel the full effect of the Brittania.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Sorry for the double post. Im on mobile and my fone is messed up.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:38 pm

stoke were pretty good in their first season and a half when the other teams stuggled to deal with their tactics and delap earned his fame.. since then they are living on borrowed reputation enhanced by the occasional comments from andy gray
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:15 pm

i love stoke for their rebel attitude
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Lex wrote:Ah i see. So Chelsea should be allowed to boo Anton Ferdinand today and they'd be justified in doing so?
Totally different situation. There is a big difference between racism and a footballing incident that happened during a game of football. Tackles and injuries are part and parcel of football. Racism is not, or shouldn't be anyway.

And I didn't justify what happened. Im just trying to point out hypocrisy. If a brush is good enough to tarnish one set of fans surely the other set of fans doing exactly the same should be painted the same way.

Lex wrote:Now you're making things up, eh? How long did it take you to scoop this little gem out of your rear?

If you would stop basing your view on the events on a few minutes of MOTD highlights & bias one sided Arsenal views, did a little research and take in stokes account of events you will find out it did happen. The we are Arsenal so we are better than every one else and always right attitude doesn't really paint an impartial picture.

Lex wrote:I almost forgot who i was speaking to for a second, I don't expect any other way of thinking from a club who are a few less braincells away from being Stoke 2.0, who think broken legs, concussions and missing teeth are "part of the game"

If we are Stoke 2.0, considering Arsenal have a worse fair play and disciplinary record than us over the last couple of seasons Arsenal must be some kind of Stoke/60s Leeds under Don Revie with Vinnie Jones as captain Hybrid.

We better than most about long term injuries to players. Defoe stamped on Gordons wrist which has kept him out of the game for the last 2 seasons pretty much. Mignolet was kicked in the face and had his eye socket smashed by Heskey earlier in the season. Bendtner had similar done to him. Meyler mashed his cruciate up twice keeping him out for nearly 2 years. Similar with Campbell. But do you hear us constantly crying about it and whining in the press looking for pitty.

Lex wrote:More fabricating? Oh dear, we're on a roll today. Ramsey refused to accept Shawcross' apology, but he never attacked him Laughing He thanked Glenn Whelan and fans from both clubs for their support. Stop making up bullshit.

Fair enough if its Ramseys decision to accept the apology or not, but if he had it would of drew some kind of line under the incident. Holden for example brushed off the evans tackle which was probably worse than Shawcross's, saying it was just one of those things not blaming evans. You don't hear Arfa still crying about De Jong.

Rory Delap broke his leg during his debut for Stoke, coincidently against Sunderland. I can't even remember the name of the player involved and I doubt stoke fans will. Again Delap accepted the apology, the Stoke manager said in the press "these things happen".

Things were done with dignity and there was no hysteria or bad blood. Wenger did the opposite and has been crying about it ever since. Ramsey him self said something along the lines of he thought it was deliberate in the match day program interview he gave about the incident.

Lex wrote:Sure, why not. Ramsey lost a year of his career and is now a shadow of what he was before the injury, while Shawcross is still his healthy, mediocre self. Let's just "move on" Rolling Eyes

He is still playing the game and earning vast amounts of money to do so. If the injury had affected him that much he wouldnt be getting in the team, he still wouldnt be recieving Wales call ups and made the national team captain. If he can't accept sporting injuries are part of being a professional sportsman he should retire and take up chess. Same with the arsenal fans being over sensitive and constantly crying the game is too rough. Football is a contact sport and always has been, if you can't accept that maybe it isn't the sport for you. I would of once again referred to the ballet dancing analogy but even ballet dancers get injured so they would whinge ballet is too physical.

This also hasnt only had an affect on Ramsey career. Prior to the incident Shawcross was receiving allot of plaudits and the day after this got his first England call up.

However his chances of representing England have been sacrificed, largely down to Wengers vendetta and constant vile malicious comments to the media.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Shawcross for England Laughing :facepalm: And people wonder why England never make it far in tournaments, when guys like Ryan Shawcross are supposedly good enough to represent them. That's like Spain calling up Almunia Laughing

But poor Shawcross, because he broke someone's leg, he may never represent England Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Pulis is so f*ckin butthurt we outclassed and battered his team home and away Laughing

Talking about the top 4.....'Take Newcastle out'

Talking about Stokes home form "None of the top five have won here if you take away Newcastle"

Laughing

Yh Tony if we actually replaced you with a team in the championship we would actually have 20 teams that play football and not 19 teams and one team with an identity crisis and playing the wrong sport Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Munich chants and airplane gestures galore from the Victorian aristocrats of the Premier League today

What a dump
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:32 pm

^ in response to United fans mocking the death of a 14 year old Stoke fan that they were paying tribute to

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Who did Ramsey mock for them to insult him?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:^ in response to United fans mocking the death of a 14 year old Stoke fan that they were paying tribute to

I doubt any of them( Utd fans) knew that it was a tribute for a 14 year old who was recently killed. It was just some random clapping out of nowhere, hence why the Utd fans chanted "what the fcking hell was that?"

Some of those Stoke City fans took it to then next level by how they retaliated. Not that I expected anything less from them.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:25 pm

combating and overcoming hate with more hate? :facepalm:
Lex wrote:Hands down the worst atmosphere in the world. Booing Ramsey? Cheering when Koscielny was down hurt? 90 minutes of swearing aimed at Wenger?

Honestly hope the stadium is destroyed in some sort of natural disaster. I'd travel to Stoke-On-Trent and dance on the rubble

Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Don't confuse disgust with hate
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:04 pm

What's the definition of small time?

Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole  - Page 3 Stokefanzine2402
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Lex must be fuming now.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:41 pm

Haha Lex :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Another GL jinx.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:25 pm

#prayforlex
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next