Borriello dedicates winner at Cesena to former Juventus player Fortunato

4 posters

Go down

Borriello dedicates winner at Cesena to former Juventus player Fortunato  Empty Borriello dedicates winner at Cesena to former Juventus player Fortunato

Post by DeviAngel Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:08 am

Juventus forward Marco Borriello dedicated his crucial strike in Wednesday evening's 1-0 victory over Cesena to former player Andrea Fortunato.

Borriello dedicates winner at Cesena to former Juventus player Fortunato  181708hp2

The game at the Dino Manuzzi took place on the anniversary of Fortunato's death, the once-capped Italy international passing away on April 25, 1995 at the age of 23 after contracting pneumonia.

Consequently, while Borriello was delighted at finally having got off the mark for Juve after arriving in Turin on loan from Roma in January, as well as helping the Bianconeri take another major step towards the Scudetto, the significance of the occasion was not lost on him or his team-mates.

"It is an important goal, which we are dedicating to Andrea Fortunato," the striker told Sky Sport Italia after the game.

"It's a goal that is worth three points, but there are still four games left and it will not be easy, as we have seen today against a Cesena side that were almost relegated going into the game.

"But there's no time to celebrate because in a few days we must face Novara."

Borriello admitted, though, that he was delighted to have broken his duck for the Bianconeri.

"Today I felt I was going to score and I had said it to the guys on the bench," he revealed. "I arrived in poor condition, but I'm now hoping that the goal will give me more confidence."

While Juve triumphed at Cesena, title rivals AC Milan also saw off Genoa at San Siro, meaning Antonio Conte's men remain three points above the Rossoneri in the standings.
========

Bravo and TY to the dedication ...I hope u start scoring like in Genoa/Milan and Roma first half
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Borriello dedicates winner at Cesena to former Juventus player Fortunato  Empty Re: Borriello dedicates winner at Cesena to former Juventus player Fortunato

Post by dronte Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:59 am

Respect

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Borriello dedicates winner at Cesena to former Juventus player Fortunato  Empty Re: Borriello dedicates winner at Cesena to former Juventus player Fortunato

Post by salmano9 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:06 am

Everybody in the team loves conte, even though they dont play! Respect :bow: conte :bow:
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:56 am

salmano9 wrote:Everybody in the team loves conte, even though they dont play! Respect :bow: conte :bow:

actually BORIELLO have great resons to love CONTE

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down