BarrileteCosmico
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New sections - Page 2 Empty Re: New sections

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 am

dostoevsky wrote:
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:An A-League section would be great, however if you're worried that it may be neglected perhaps make it an Asian Football thread so that there's more potential for growth and we can just start A league and Australian/New Zealand national team threads in that section.

It can be called the "Australia and New Zealand" section. Smile

there's a lot of us, 3 Kiwis and quite a few Aussies.

I thought the title of Asian Football would be more appropriate given that interest in the Asian Champions League may grow if the A League becomes more successful, whilst the national team qualifications may need greater detail. It would also be great to get some J and K League fans but we'll take things one step at a time. Razz

I don't know how much interest there are in those leagues, and consider if we do have any Asians here and if they would contribute to it. Whereas I think an Australian/New Zealand specific thread would actually feel just right, and would be quite bustling. There's barely anywhere on the internet that a New Zealand football fan can go talk in, apart from one Phoenix site.

MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:07 am

dostoevsky wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:An A-League section would be great, however if you're worried that it may be neglected perhaps make it an Asian Football thread so that there's more potential for growth and we can just start A league and Australian/New Zealand national team threads in that section.

It can be called the "Australia and New Zealand" section. Smile

there's a lot of us, 3 Kiwis and quite a few Aussies.

I thought the title of Asian Football would be more appropriate given that interest in the Asian Champions League may grow if the A League becomes more successful, whilst the national team qualifications may need greater detail. It would also be great to get some J and K League fans but we'll take things one step at a time. Razz

I don't know how much interest there are in those leagues, and consider if we do have any Asians here and if they would contribute to it. Whereas I think an Australian/New Zealand specific thread would actually feel just right, and would be quite bustling. There's barely anywhere on the internet that a New Zealand football fan can go talk in, apart from one Phoenix site.

Fair enough, I don't mind, so long as we can change the section name later if growth does occur. I just thought we'd be comfortable considering Australia as truly part of Asia. *awkward silence as the race card is played* Only the A-League section was ever used in the old forums however so it's a fair consideration. I created a thread half a week ago in the A-League section and no-one even noticed, so I'm fine with starting small.

Btw this is nzjuvefan, right? Razz
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:14 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Fair enough, I don't mind, so long as we can change the section name later if growth does occur. I just thought we'd be comfortable considering Australia as truly part of Asia. *awkward silence as the race card is played* Only the A-League section was ever used in the old forums however so it's a fair consideration. I created a thread half a week ago in the A-League section and no-one even noticed, so I'm fine with starting small.

Btw this is nzjuvefan, right? Razz

Agreed.

Is this nzjuvefan? Nah. Heard he was a bit of a dick anyway, don't tell him about this place.
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:32 am

I think we'll start out with just an A-League section. I'll place it with the other football leagues. If we do get J-league and K-league followers, and I seriously hope we do, then I may combine all three league boards into an Asian/Oceania Football board or something like that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:27 pm

I believe that the layout should be more streamlined, without loads of unused sections, at least in these early days. Maybe an International Euro section, a South American one, Asian, American etc ones, and maybe a 'Smaller European Leagues' section. But the seperate sections for the main European leagues, meh, I dont think its a good idea. But its up to the mods, Im very grateful for all they did and we shouldnt be trying to tell them what to do.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Saetablanca wrote:I believe that the layout should be more streamlined, without loads of unused sections, at least in these early days. Maybe an International Euro section, a South American one, Asian, American etc ones, and maybe a 'Smaller European Leagues' section. But the seperate sections for the main European leagues, meh, I dont think its a good idea. But its up to the mods, Im very grateful for all they did and we shouldnt be trying to tell them what to do.

Quite the contrary.

I'm thrilled with all the feedback we're getting, brah. Don't ever be afraid to speak up if you think something should be changed or can be better implemented. We'll definitely hear you out and then make a move from there.

As for your idea, it's one of many layouts we're considering right now. The current arrangement mirrors the previous versions of the forum and in the future we're looking to move away from that so we're going to consider every suggestion you guys give us before making more changes.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:26 pm

The Hyundai A-League board has been created and can now be found under Football Leagues.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:17 pm

adnyana179 wrote:I'm sure Hispano, Che, liverpooi and others would appreciate a Valencia section.

not really... it was dead even in the old forum, a thread in the la liga section or something is definitely enough...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 pm

McLewis wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:I believe that the layout should be more streamlined, without loads of unused sections, at least in these early days. Maybe an International Euro section, a South American one, Asian, American etc ones, and maybe a 'Smaller European Leagues' section. But the seperate sections for the main European leagues, meh, I dont think its a good idea. But its up to the mods, Im very grateful for all they did and we shouldnt be trying to tell them what to do.

Quite the contrary.

I'm thrilled with all the feedback we're getting, brah. Don't ever be afraid to speak up if you think something should be changed or can be better implemented. We'll definitely hear you out and then make a move from there.

As for your idea, it's one of many layouts we're considering right now. The current arrangement mirrors the previous versions of the forum and in the future we're looking to move away from that so we're going to consider every suggestion you guys give us before making more changes.

Sure, will do, but obviously you mods have put in a lot of work and dedication in a short time, and I think nobody wants to seem taking it for granted, you know what I mean?

As for the sections, I never really myself explored every niche of the old forum, so who am I to say they wont take off? I say take it a bit easy and things will get better. Wink
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2