spanky
halamadrid2
Swanhends
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference Empty Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Pep Guardiola has hit out against Barcelona's critics in a tense press conference ahead of tomorrow's do-or-die Champions League clash with Chelsea.

The Catalans head into the semi-final second leg on the back of successive defeats, losing 1-0 to the Blues in the reverse fixture at Stamford Bridge and then suffering a home defeat to arch rivals Real Madrid on Saturday.

Shaven-headed Guardiola struck a frustrated figure during tonight's press conference at the Nou Camp, where his selection and tactics were questioned.

The Barca manager took particular exception to a Spanish journalist probing him on his decision to start Cristian Tello against Madrid.

Guardiola responded with a long rant as he defended his selection decisions, saying: "He played a f****** good game. I mean most of the dangerous chances were created by him."

The Spaniard was curt in some answers and rambling in others during a lengthy press conference, which he brought to an abrupt end by walking out.

Guardiola, though, earlier insisted he was not feeling the pressure due to the trust he had in his players to perform.

"I don't know if this is the most important moment of my career as a coach, but I have always faced these challenges with a lot of optimism as I believe in my players and team," he said.

"Whenever you have a defeat, the day after the match you feel a little low but afterwards you get faith in the facts and I am optimistic because I know them well and that we will work hard.

"We try to cover everything that is important so we just try and do that.

"We will analyse the challenge and I think we have had other challenges over the years.

"I cannot really tell you if this is the most important challenge of my life."

Barcelona's chance of overhauling the 1-0 deficit against Chelsea has been boosted by Lionel Messi's fitness.

The reigning world player of the year missed training yesterday but returned today in an open media session at the Nou Camp.

Gerard Pique also trained and Guardiola batted away talk of a rift with the Spain international, who has been left out of the past two matches.

"Well, Leo had a gastric issue," Guardiola said. "The doctor saw him and he called us before the training session.

"He didn't go to it as he didn't feel well but now he is ok.

"As for Gerard, there is no problem at all. He has had an injury for a long time.

"I have many players and can choose Javier Mascherano and Carles Puyol, who are a good combination in central defence.

"We wanted to have the right players to face [Karim] Benzema, [Cristiano] Ronaldo, [Angel] Di Maria and that is why I decided to play with the players I have chosen so far.

"I do appreciate Gerard because of his approach to life and because how he loves football.

"The rest is just my decision, the fact he plays or not."

Barcelona have won three of the two clubs' four two-legged contests in the Champions League knockout phases.

The last time Chelsea came to Barca defending a lead was in 2000, where Guardiola and Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo were on opposing sides as players.

Barca triumphed that time after extra time and the former is expecting a similarly tough encounter tomorrow.

"I don't remember so much but I do remember it was a similar game to what we are going to play tomorrow," Guardiola said.

"It was a very physical game, very defensive as they try to defend a good result for them and try to find a way to create the chances.

"When we lose control of the ball, they use the counter-attack because it is one of the big, big points for Chelsea."
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Barcelona-Chelsea-Champions-League-preview-Pep-Guardiola-foul-mouthed-defence-of-team-at-press-conference-article894597.html
Pressure getting to Pepsi? hmm
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference Empty Re: Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 pm

I enjoyed the quotes.

Someone should stand up for Tello, because even Barca fans are talking some nonesense about what is, basically a B team player.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference Empty Re: Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference

Post by Swanhends Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Pep :bow:

I still hold out hope for Pep to Inter this summer :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Pep cracking under pressure :goat:

Also

"As for Gerard, there is no problem at all. He has had an injury for a long time".

"We wanted to have the right players to face [Karim] Benzema, [Cristiano] Ronaldo, [Angel] Di Maria and that is why I decided to play with the players I have chosen so far.

"I do appreciate Gerard because of his approach to life and because how he loves football.

"The rest is just my decision, the fact he plays or not."

Contradicting himself much??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:43 pm

The Franchise wrote:I enjoyed the quotes.

Someone should stand up for Tello, because even Barca fans are talking some nonesense about what is, basically a B team player.

the only thing that bothered me was the fact that it took pep so long to sub him out and not him actually missing those shots or losing the ball to make for the 2nd goal counter.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 pm

oo Pep snapped. You dun want a angry Pep in the CL.

A day later, he knocked out Madrid :coffee:
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Amar wrote:oo Pep snapped. You dun want a angry Pep in the CL.

A day later, he knocked out Madrid :coffee:
:vagi:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Thought he had handled this defeat. Seems not. Last season he also snapped after losing in the CDR. If he keeps losing he might get really bitter.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Well, when Pep defends his players he is loosing it, when someone else does that, he is a *bleep* genius.

eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:13 pm

You dont want to see Pep mad believe me Very Happy
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference Morganfreemanhemad
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Pep went about it a little wrong.

If he wanted to take the pressure off Tello he shouldn't have made him the subject of the statement.

Of course now the media is going to be all over him, but the media is still going to be all over Tello and the players.

Like the idea , but the execution was a tad off.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 pm

He's mad his players have lost two big games in a row. They're basically out of the race for the league, and they may be out of the Champion's League if they fail to perform tomorrow. Why shouldn't he be mad. A reaction like this could actually serve to focus his players ahead of a huge game.

I would be more worried if he came out jovial and perky.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:03 am

FWIW barcastuff, a pretty reliable source of barcelona news on facebook, is saying that "guardiola did not bring the press conference to an abrupt end by walking out as wrongly reported by a journalist of espn"

either way, i like the passion. and even though i though tello had a shit game im happy to see pep standing up for his kids.
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:08 am

I think this is great actually(if it is true). Just what the team needs to pick their asses up. A mad Guardiola more often than not=

shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:46 am

The only thing strange here I can see is how obvious it is that the OP "Barrettinator" has to be the most butt hurt individual on the forums. Did Barca tear your butt so wide open at some point that you have now become totally consumed by our club and can barely sit down?

Let me show you and the rest of the forum the number of 'Bacelona related threads" you have started in the last 2-3 days.

"For the sake of football, Barcelona must beat Chelsea, blasts Van der Sar"

"Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference"

"Which state of Barca are Chelsea going to meet?"

"Barcelona strengthen ties with UEFA"

"Collina: Ronaldinho's strike at Stamford Bridge impressed me the most"

"Who will tarnish his reputation the most during the upcoming clasico?"

"Dani Alves had bust up with fan before the match"
Being a c*nt as usual

"Juan Mata talks about Semi-final clash with Barca"

"Dani Dives: "Chelsea lost in 2009 because of fear""

You have lost all credibility when talking about Barcelona so why do you bother to keep bringing us up over and over and over again? Are we all you think about all day?

I mean I haven't even seen a Barca or Madrid fan start a 1/4 of this many threads in the last 2-3 days about our own club.

It's funny because you have lost any sense of objectivity and now you follow us more then your supposed favorite club Chelsea and it seems we are all you care to talk about.

This is what us Barca fans talk about when people on here say, "please stop with all the Barca threads" or "why does every thread have to be about Barca and Madrid?"

Well here's some more proof it's not us who do it it's insecure obsessive posters like this one who feel the need to create 9 threads about Barca in a couple days. I haven't made 9 threads in like a month and I'm on here a good amount and actually follow Barca as my favorite club.

I mean Mods, can we make this insane individual his own section? The forum has said time and again they don't want the general section flooded with Barca threads and by my count this poor soul is the main culprit when he's not even a fan of our club. I mean 9 threads in a couple days is foaming at the mouth stuff.

Please, to the OP go seek some help or get a life or get laid or something. Anything to take your mind off of FC Barcelona.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:00 am

Interesting.
WTH provoked that attack?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:00 am

Leo had a gastric issue," Guardiola said. "The doctor saw him and he called us before the training session
....and said 'he needs to take two of these daily:

Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference Iwf05310

He must come see me again first thing Wednesday morning'"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:06 am

Pep didn't storm off the press conference...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:26 am

dnmac4 wrote:The only thing strange here I can see is how obvious it is that the OP "Barrettinator" has to be the most butt hurt individual on the forums. Did Barca tear your butt so wide open at some point that you have now become totally consumed by our club and can barely sit down?

Let me show you and the rest of the forum the number of 'Bacelona related threads" you have started in the last 2-3 days.

"For the sake of football, Barcelona must beat Chelsea, blasts Van der Sar"

"Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference"

"Which state of Barca are Chelsea going to meet?"

"Barcelona strengthen ties with UEFA"

"Collina: Ronaldinho's strike at Stamford Bridge impressed me the most"

"Who will tarnish his reputation the most during the upcoming clasico?"

"Dani Alves had bust up with fan before the match"
Being a c*nt as usual

"Juan Mata talks about Semi-final clash with Barca"

"Dani Dives: "Chelsea lost in 2009 because of fear""

You have lost all credibility when talking about Barcelona so why do you bother to keep bringing us up over and over and over again? Are we all you think about all day?

I mean I haven't even seen a Barca or Madrid fan start a 1/4 of this many threads in the last 2-3 days about our own club#

It's funny because you have lost any sense of objectivity and now you follow us more then your supposed favorite club Chelsea and it seems we are all you care to talk about#

This is what us Barca fans talk about when people on here say, "please stop with all the Barca threads" or "why does every thread have to be about Barca and Madrid?"

Well here's some more proof it's not us who do it it's insecure obsessive posters like this one who feel the need to create 9 threads about Barca in a couple days. I haven't made 9 threads in like a month and I'm on here a good amount and actually follow Barca as my favorite club.

I mean Mods, can we make this insane individual his own section? The forum has said time and again they don't want the general section flooded with Barca threads and by my count this poor soul is the main culprit when he's not even a fan of our club. I mean 9 threads in a couple days is foaming at the mouth stuff.

Please, to the OP go seek some help or get a life or get laid or something# Anything to take your mind off of FC Barcelona.
Red:
1. Not opened by me. Link
2. Not opened by me. Link

Do you just have to say ignorant things just to make your point look good?

Blue:
1. We play a CL semi-final 2nd leg Tuesday. Is it now wrong for me to start any sort of discussion about it?

2. I asked everyone what the best goal an opposition player had scored against their club was and I started by saying Ronaldinho's goal at Stamford Bridge was the best I've seen. Everyone went ahead to state their own. I didn't even mention Barca anywhere in that post. Link

3. I didn't know Mata was no longer a Chelsea player. Please remind me when he got transferred to Barca. I'll wait.

The rest of the posts all have one thing or the other to do with the fact that we're currently playing Barca in the CL. I didn't know I had no rights whatsoever to discuss any issue concerning that.

Oh and Green:
You really have to go that low? I think we can all have a discussion here without calling each other silly names. You don't have to go that low to prove your point(which you have none). I'm not surprised that you have a 50% warning level.

I'll sit back and watch you backtrack from your rant.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:39 am

Lex wrote:
Leo had a gastric issue," Guardiola said. "The doctor saw him and he called us before the training session
....and said 'he needs to take two of these daily:

Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference Iwf05310

He must come see me again first thing Wednesday morning'"
I see your "prescription" and raise you...
Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference Gregluther2

Everyone, bear witness to the "Luther Vandross Burger."

Chelsea plays the Luther Vandross.

Messi Fainted... It was super effective.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:04 am

Still waiting. hmm Rolling Eyes
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:32 am

Dnmac confusing Barettinator with BarrileteCosmico rofl. I suppose we both start with Bar hmm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:38 am

donttreadonred wrote:
I see your "prescription" and raise you...
Guardiola drops F-bomb; storms out of press conference Gregluther2

Everyone, bear witness to the "Luther Vandross Burger."

Chelsea plays the Luther Vandross.

Messi Fainted... It was super effective.

Are those doughnuts?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:39 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Dnmac confusing Barettinator with BarrileteCosmico rofl. I suppose we both start with Bar hmm

Its quite funny to read. I'm still waiting for whatever reply he wants to give.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next