How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)?

+15
Babun
Dnmac4
Kingofeverythingclassy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S32TABLANCA
Dante
Lord Awesome
Abramovich
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Error
fatman123
Kick
Blue Barrett
animal.crackers
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)? - Page 2 Empty Re: How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)?

Post by Dante Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:28 pm

He's a fine midfielder already , which can adapt to many situations in a game . His qualities are almost all posted here , so i won't drag it , though i would like to add he's been playing really smart as a CB. Not by any means he should remain a CB , but he plays the position with effect and calm .

In a better midfield , he would become really great to watch. I am unsure about him being a definite DLP as of now , though , i wouldn't act surprised if he turns out to be such kind of player in the future .

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)? - Page 2 Empty Re: How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)?

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 pm

A fantastically complete midfielder, he can defend and pass very well and inteligently (not to say playmake), he has physicality and brains. Not a terrible amount of pace, but it doesnt hold back from his game.

Would be an excellent signing for City. But forget it, because hes ours Twisted Evil
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Cheers for the answers. Was sort of hoping he was a deep lying play maker to complement Yaya.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Saw him today..but wasn't really able to guage his qualities as a midfielder as he was once again playing central defence
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:57 pm

animal.crackers wrote:Saw him today..but wasn't really able to guage his qualities as a midfielder as he was once again playing central defence

Eh? he was suspended tonight scratch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
animal.crackers wrote:Saw him today..but wasn't really able to guage his qualities as a midfielder as he was once again playing central defence
Eh? he was suspended tonight scratch
He played today? I downloaded the match against Barca to see how he did against a good side.

EDIT: Quick google...ah his team played today. okay I see. I didn't mean the Europa league match.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sat May 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Apparently Bayern are linked to him. I am sure he will choose Class over Oil Money. And who wants to go to a team which despite spending billions in a few years gets kicked out of Group Stage in CHL & then EL.

Nerlinger is in Madrid to wrap up the deal. Rumoured price 23M.

What is his best position?? CM DM or CB??

We missed Schweni badly so I think that maybe we are looking for a potentially World Class CM. Is he that good?

And can he split passes with defense like what Sahin can do??

Is he more like Gustavo or Schweni or a bit of both like Vidal??

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 26, 2012 4:59 pm

If you buy Javi for 23m i literally will jump of the bridge
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sat May 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Over-priced??

I thought so too. 12-15M maximum worth right?? This Spanish/Portugese players and their super-high release clauses make us pay high.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat May 26, 2012 5:36 pm

OK, there have been some right and wrong things said about Javi and I can understand that as he is played out of position at Bilbao because of need and frankly it's hard to watch him on a consistent basis in midfield.

Think of all the gems in BIlbao's team and Bielsa basically said Javi your our best player and were going to design the core of our spine around you and have you start a lot of our play from the back and be a great defender as well.

First of all, I think he is the next big thing in midfield and he has all the qualities of a spanish midfielder (passing, movement, touch, awareness, versatile, and can score when presented the opportunity) plus he's big and strong and takes shit off of nobody which is odd for a Spanish Mid.

I'm a BArca fan who is not as big on Thiago as many others and when the under 21 World Cup was played and Thiago got all the press I though it was a total robbery. Javi was the best player in that tournament by a mile. Every game he controlled the midfield for that team and let the flair players go to work and not a word was said about him.

Mancini wants him because 1) he loves DM's 2) it's like signing 3 players in 1 3) IMO he is more built for the EPL then La Liga. 4) I think he knows Yaya and De Jong will be gone soon.

IF players like Mata can go and impress with there abilities in the EPL you just wait until Javi gets there, he is going to blow people away.

He's similar to Yaya in his size and technical skills are a very rare combo and it's why I'm such a fan of both plus they can play almost every position through the spine of your team.

Now IMO he will be bought to replace Yaya not play with him. They are too similar and will get in each others way. IT's a great luxury to have but IMO they do too many of the same things.

Javi needs a team who will settle him as there midfield general and play him 90 minutes a game there. HE NEEDS PLAYING TIME AS A MIDFIELDER as he's not the finished product yet. And you can just tell by watching him play he's not a defender, he could be a great one but it's just not where he want's to be and it wastes a lot of what he's good at.

Lastly, as for the people saying 13-15 million for him, that is one of the biggest jokes I have ever heard. IMO the bidding will start at 35-40 million (USD). And at the end of the day I see the price tag in the low 40's.

You can't go out and get another player like this especially with how young he is. Plus with Silva and Mata and Cazorla switching teams and dominating from the start I think there is a premium on Spanish Mids as the upper eschelon one's do not flop from this generation.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sat May 26, 2012 5:52 pm

DNMAC - Sorry to disturb you,but Nerlinger in Madrid & is rumoured to finalize a 23M deal for Javi and sign him Bayern Munich.

Can you answer my questions?? If he worth 23M??? How good is he as CM,DM & CB(each position)??

His best position,how creative is he?? As creative as Sahin?? If he more like Schweni or Gustavo or Vidal??

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat May 26, 2012 6:14 pm

I don't read German newspapers but I would be stunned if 23 mill is what the deal is. Also what kind of currency are you talking about? I am talking US Dollars.

IF it's 23 million US dollars and Bilbao was rumored to accept that IMO that will start a massive bidding war. Real, City, United, Barca, Malaga, PSG etc etc would all be on the phone the second they heard this news offering way more for the kid.

As for your other questions, 23 mill would be the best bit of business you have done since it looks like Alaba and Robben.

In Bayerns team I would see him as a DM that would allow Kroos and Bastian to move forward more and and really forget about any defensive responsibilities. HE's never going to be a typical CM like a Xavi but more like a Yaya where he will start furthur back but as the game goes along will adjust to wear the team needs him to be. You see when City struggle they put in De Jong and move Yaya up the pitch as a box to box that would be similar to what he could provide although AGAIN all his skills are not developed yet to compare him to Yaya and Bastian. When City need to slow the game down or preserve a lead they put Yaya furthur back and just have him destroy everything the other team is trying to do and then start counters for his team, that is what JAvi is good at as well.

I think if BAyern were to do this move it would be to play Kroos as far up the pitch as possible and play more like the kid from Dortmund (can't remember his name right now) or Fabregas at Arsenal.

I tend to babble on and on, does this answer your question?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Martinez is certainly not a creative player, he hasnt developed that yet.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sat May 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Yea DNMAC that's allight. All in Euros. Thats how transfers happen in Europe bar England anyway.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Heynckes has got a hardon for him. Bayern sent Nerlinger to sign him. He is their top priority and not a striker Shocked

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/569911/artikel_vollzug_-weiser-landet-bei-den-bayern.html
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Is he even better that Gustavo??
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:33 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Is he even better that Gustavo??

In short Yes and i rate Gustavo really highly.... he is a great passer aswell the usual traits you would expect from a DM and he can play CB infact he has all season long for Bilbao.

Sounds like a Tymo replacement to me.

In any case..... Martinez-Schweni-Kroos = How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)? - Page 2 Wanknk2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:43 pm

In short Yes and i rate Gustavo really highly.... he is a great passer aswell the usual traits you would expect from a DM and he can play CB infact he has all season long for Bilbao.

In any case..... Martinez-Schweni-Kroos = How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)? - Page 2 Wanknk2

That midfield would easily beat any team.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Except Tiote-Cabaye-Affelay :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Dzeko/Gomez
Ribery - Kroos - Robben/Shaqiri
Schweinsteiger - Martinez
Alaba - Badstuber - Dante - Lahm

seems legit
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:57 pm

what happened to the best DM in football? Gustavo was it?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:what happened to the best DM in football? Gustavo was it?

That's why i ask if Martinez is better ... if yes than there's only the bench for Gustavo, best player plays Wink

BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:01 pm

We've offered Tymo to Inter and AC

so it's Martinez/Schweini/Gustavo/Cruz.

also Dante and Badstuber can not play together
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:02 pm

The Messiah wrote:We've offered Tymo to Inter and AC

so it's Martinez/Schweini/Gustavo/Cruz.

also Dante and Badstuber can not play together

ok Mr. Heynckes

Then please tell me how could Demichelis + Lucio play together , or Hummels and Subotic?
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Simple

1 because we didn't have any good left footed CB

2 Most strikers and attackers can use both feet, tactically it's important to always have Right-footed CB

3: it makes more sense using 2 right-footed CB than 2 left foot CB

4: Boateng is our most talented CB

5: Boateng is our fastest CB

6: Boateng is out best tackler

7: Boateng can use both feet equally

8: Boateng performance this season is better than Badstuber performance last season

9: Boateng is 23 and can still develop(just like Badstuber)

10: Boateng plays for Germany national team and Dante doesn't play for Brazil

11: I'm not JH

To me it makes more sense to play Boateng, because he can develop to become a beast of a CB, a rare bread, as long as he's not thrown around next season. (let him play as CB, and CB only)]

Dante can no longer develop, he has reached his peak and he's not exactly better than Boateng.

Playing

Dante-Badstuber is tactical error and teams will exploit it
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:13 am

Boateng right is now good enough to start for Bayern every match but we cant bench him unless we get Howedes because the Central Defense will be Super Slow. We need Boatang's speed.

Having said that Boateng's performance is not good enough. We paid good money & he cant mark a man in corner & he is very sloppy. Multiple matches now. If Badstuber had his speed & physical strength he would be one of the best CB's in the world.

Boateng in 5-6 maybe can be a World Class CB,his development is really slow I hope next year Howedes comes to push out Boateng,to perform of be benched.

@ Bayern Munich - Idriozet takes transfer rumours Way too seriously. He proabably read it in a not-so credible site.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next