Member of the month?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Member of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Member of the month?

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:20 am

@rwo power wrote:But if it is only for the General Section, it would be unfair to quality posters that only post in subsections. Hence it might even discourage those to post and so the contest would actually hurt the forum.

Well, in the forums where I was admin, I always deactivated any rep/kudos system completely and it was actually better for the mood. No pos / neg evaluations = less butthurt and frustration, envy and anger.

I :bow: to your experience

The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:25 am

DAT BROMANCE :bow:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:25 am

Firstly, thank you for the responses guys and RWO. However, I don't feel it's as black and white as some of you make it sound.

This, in my opinion, will encourage more members to add depth to their posts and not constantly look for rep points. I really do believe that we'll see more quality posts, which is what exactly this forum needs more of, and more quality discussion. Not enough members contribute, I feel. If we're going to use some of the logic in this thread, then I suppose the rep system (green bar, where you can +1 a member's post) is a popularity contest, as some members look for it, whether one admits it or not.

I understand if this isn't going to be implemented, but I think it's a great idea. To make this fair, members can vote for who they want. Let me explain in a more ideal manner. Lex, for instance, can nominate RWO... Saetablanca can nominate RWO etc., and the final decision is for the moderators/admins to make, who will choose one of the members nominated as the winner.

II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:23 am

I will sell my vote for $5 or 3£ every month if this is implemented.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:58 am

@The_ItalianFool wrote:Na i get your point.

I just think SOME sort of rep system helps any forum... else they wouldnt exist anywhere, no?

I guess so. But it's really not needed.

People shouldn't want reps or kudos or any of that. They should be making good posts cause they want to make good posts. And really, the only people that want to make good posts are the only people who really do make good posts.

People should be in a forum for discussion and fun and being able to interact with people all over the world. That's why I love this forum. I've nobody here where I live to talk about football with other than my coach and like one of my team mates. So I can discuss with all you guys.

But rep systems are a nice addition, a nice perk. But really in the overall scheme of things, people should hardly care about them. I often forget they are there and rarely give any kind of rep unless it's a truly great post/ a lot of effort.

But I am getting off topic Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum