McAgger
_LMG_10_
Red Alert
Nishankly
10 posters

Go down

Liverpool vs. Everton  - FA CUP Semi Empty Liverpool vs. Everton - FA CUP Semi

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:56 am

Less than 12 hours to KO, and we didn't even have a thread for our biggest game of the season :vagi:

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. Everton  - FA CUP Semi Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Everton - FA CUP Semi

Post by Nishankly Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:45 am

Sepi :vagi:

Team News-

Pienaar is cup tied. Gibson returns to the squad.
Jelavic, Cahill, Baines were rested in the 4-0 win Shocked,They are recalled.

Doni appeal rejected. Reina facing the last game of his 3 match ban. Jones or Gulacsi will be btw the sticks.
Agger and Glen are fit.

Maxi is awesome.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. Everton  - FA CUP Semi Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Everton - FA CUP Semi

Post by Red Alert Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:52 am

I'd go with:

Gulacsi
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Gerrard Shelvey* Henderson Downing
Suarez Carroll

*Or Spearing. Spearing is local, and would want to do beat this lot, but Shelvey has been in some good form lately. Wouldn't be surprised if Henderson sees the bench though, as he ran alot against Blackburn.

Downing does well against mediocre sides, and impressed at Wembley last time. We have to take full advantage of Hibbert's lack of space. I'd put Bellamy on around the 70th minute mark for his expense.

Hoping Kenny picks the best starting XI, as there is way too many options at the moment. We basically have a full team bar Leiva.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:23 am

Interesting FA cup stats:

We've played at home for every game so far.
We've conceded one goal in every game we've played.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:27 pm

SUAREZ I LOVE U!
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:30 pm

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:32 pm

CARROLL WHAT A SEXY BEAST
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:06 pm

GET IN
MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Fantastic second half display after a disappointing first half.

Carroll and Suarez looked like a proper partnership with Carroll unsettling the defenders with his physicality and Suarez turning them every which way. Even Downing looked like a player in the second half while running at Baines. Jones really seemed to grow into the game and despite flapping at a few high balls he looked good. Bringing Bellamy and Maxi on rather than Kuyt for Carroll seems like a move in the right direction and a definite vote of confidence for the big lad as well.

Henderson, inversely, looked better in the first half to me. I think he spent more time centrally then. It contributed to a rather confusing formation but allowed him more touches. He seemed to grow frustrated in the second half as he stayed closer to the touchline.

Carragher, unfortunately, seems to finally have hit his wall. He's had rough spells in the past but always come up with the goods when it counted. Today he still had his usual passion but his reactions were just not there. I really hope Enrique doesn't have an injury and was just rested (but if that was the case, why not use Kelly, Robinson, or the forgotten man Aurelio?). I'll blow a gasket if Agger plays at LB again after this.

Hopefully Jones gets a spot on the bench for the final. He deserves it after today.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Effing hell, goddammit yeah!!!

What a game... Damn, that was SO sweet!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:38 am

Jones wasn't confident today and I wasn't surprised to see a few of the Liverpool players scraming at him to get off yhis line to get the ball.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:50 am

paxtonpale wrote:Jones wasn't confident today and I wasn't surprised to see a few of the Liverpool players scraming at him to get off yhis line to get the ball.
That happens when you're making your first start in over a year in an FA Cup semifinal... against the clubs crosstown rivals.

Not sure that it matters much as Reina returns for the next game and will go directly back into the starting XI.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:48 pm

RedOranje wrote:
paxtonpale wrote:Jones wasn't confident today and I wasn't surprised to see a few of the Liverpool players scraming at him to get off yhis line to get the ball.
That happens when you're making your first start in over a year in an FA Cup semifinal... against the clubs crosstown rivals.

Not sure that it matters much as Reina returns for the next game and will go directly back into the starting XI.
He was far more confident than I actually expected him to be. Then again, I must admit that my expectations were fairly low. I was truly concerned about this position going into the match, because in his cameo Jones not only looked to be lacking confidence, but also seemed to be moving in slow motion at times. He reacted at times as if he were waist deep in water. Take Jelavic's goal for example. Jones made the right move to go down, but his movement was too slow and the ball made it under him before he could get down.

However, as the game progressed he seemed to grow in confidence. It certainly didn't hurt that Gerrard and Agger were screaming at him to get off his line and collect the ball. To his credit, he listened and had a wonderful collection in the last 10 minutes to relieve a little bit of Everton pressure. Now, I'm certainly not saying he's going to be challenging for Reina's spot any time soon, but I'm really happy the guy was able to have a great game and do himself proud in such an important fixture. He's never going to be a first-choice keeper for us, and he may not even be at the club next season, but he stood up and did his job when called upon. You can't ask more of a backup goalkeeper.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Was obviously very happy with the result. We stepped it up when we needed to in the second half and made some good subs. Nice to see both Suarez and Andy get on the score sheet, especially Andy cause he would have got stick and missing that header.

No chance of us losing to that lot in the final. Its as good as won. smoking
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down