Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9)

+85
Fuchsteufelswild
iftikhar
Juveman17
Raptorgunner
Motogp69
Nishankly
Art Morte
Kick
Adrian0911
RealGunner
sportsczy
Adit
Berbatov
Pedram
izzy
Twoism
OLpower
FennecFox7
VanDeezNuts
StrugaRock
TheRedStag
Kamikaze692
M99
Casciavit
Blue Barrett
Harmonica
ELO
Mack10
Blue
Dr. Percival Faust
billy_gr
Kaladin
Forza
Arquitecto
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
julias
CBarca
BarcaLearning
timzink
FalcaoPunch
juvealbanian
Milan31
Donuts
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeviAngel
Highburied
jibers
Brady2Moss
Collblanc
Albiceleste
Red Alert
danyjr
juventus101
urbaNRoots
Helmer
VendettaRed07
nasir6371
rwo power
Toffer Harley
LeBéninois
la bestia negra
Onyx
Kingofeverythingclassy
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
Vibe
Doc
Zealous
Lord Awesome
AnJl
S
stunt
EL Patron
Bellabong
Sushi Master
Rebaño Sagrado
McAgger
Mr Nick09
lenear1030
Be/\/ceCALI
BAYERN_MUNICH
VivaStPauli
white_star
The Messiah
89 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) - Page 11 Empty Re: Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9)

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 29, 2013 4:35 pm

EL Patron wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There is a slight difference tbf.... Dortmund will use the money to strengthen the team.

Arsenal use their money to pay off the stadium.

I am pretty sure, Dortmund have their debt to manage as well

Pretty much all of it is paid now as far as i'm aware, not not mention how much money they have made of tv revenue and everything else this year.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) - Page 11 Empty Re: Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9)

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Dortmund apparently want 30m Euros for Lewandowski, according to Bild.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:44 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Dortmund apparently want 30m Euros for Lewandowski, according to Bild.

they should have said 45 or 40 millions. 30 is a very good price but you never know , a club might be willing to pay 40 millions for instance
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:46 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
EL Patron wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There is a slight difference tbf.... Dortmund will use the money to strengthen the team.

Arsenal use their money to pay off the stadium.

I am pretty sure, Dortmund have their debt to manage as well

Pretty much all of it is paid now as far as i'm aware, not not mention how much money they have made of tv revenue and everything else this year.

I thought Arsenal paid the Emirates off last season?

Lewand at Arsenal will be a very good signing for them. He'll only for for around 15m pounds as his contract is up and Arsenal aren't a threat to Dortmund. But it look's as if he's destined to go to Bayern.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:48 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Dortmund apparently want 30m Euros for Lewandowski, according to Bild.

Look's as if they don't want to lose him and Gotze in the same window to their direct rivals from all teams. The 30m Euros would be to try and push Bayern from signing him now and give them a year to find a suitable replacement. They won't necessary get a fee for him, but they can beat Bayern to the league next season if Dortmund play it smart.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) - Page 11 Empty Should We Allow Lewandowski To Leave This Season?

Post by TAEHSAEN Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Well, Lewandowski made his intentions absolutely clear that he wants to leave Dortmund for Bayern.

Lewandowski just has one more year left in his current contract with BVB and his estimated worth is something around $35 million. Therefore, if we do NOT sell Lewandowski NOW, it would mean that he will leave for Bayern on a free transfer next season.

Although BVB administration and Klopp want to hold onto him for the last season, I believe that this would be a terrible mistake.

• His heart certainly isn't with Dortmund anymore. This would mean that he won't be able to give it his all during our upcoming games. You guys remember Luka Modric at Tottenham when he was denied his move to Chelsea? The quality he provided in his last season for Spurs was nowhere near what he did for Spurs in his previous seasons. The same could be true for Lewandowski and he just won't perform the way that he has over the past few years.

• Since we will lose him either way. Why not use the $35 million to buy a new striker who would hopefully be able to reach Lewandowski's level at BVB? Although we have Aubameyang, I sincerely do not think he is anywhere near Lewa's skill level. However, I am very warm to the idea of transforming Reus into our main striker because he has all the abilities a striker needs and much more.

• Its no question that we will face a massive blow to our offensive capabilities if Lewy leaves. However, realistically speaking, given the departure of Gotze and all of Bayern's new potential signings, I do not think we have a realistic shot at the Bundesliga title and we will still be able to compete for the Pokal this season (even if Lewy leaves). However, I do believe we have a good enough squad (even without Lewy) to compete in the Champions League and reach the Semis at least. Lets face it, Bayern is the strongest team in the world right now.

The thing is, we most probably won't win the champions league next season. So why not just sell Lewy now, get the money, and buy a top class young striker who will make our shot at the Champions League title much more realistic in the future?

• Klopp MADE him into the player that he is today, starting from the ground up. This kid used to be a nobody until Klopp turned him into such a great player. Because of the way Lewandowski has disrespected Klopp, as a fan, I personally feel absolutely disrespected by this as well.

We don't need a half arsed striker who doesn't care about the club or Klopp. To think, he was NOTHING when he first started out (Van Persie and Mario Gotze anyone?).

I say let him go and get the money. Hopefully we will be able to use it to invest it on more young but loyal players for us, who will secure BVB's dominance in the future. There is no point in losing $35 million just to have ONE "RELATIVELY" better season; either way, we will be 2nd in BuLi and can still compete for the Pokal regardless of Lewy's decision. I say get the $35 million and plan for the long term rather than the short term.

So what do you guys think? Should we keep him or let him go?
TAEHSAEN
TAEHSAEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

https://www.youtube.com/TAEHSAEN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Well, Bayern won't pay 35 mio Euros for a player in the last year if his contract, and Lewa doesn't want to go to any other club as he stated.

If you sell Lewa for anything less than 35-40 mio Euros, you would make bad business if you possibly couldn't reach the CL due to lacking a top striker option. (At least that is Aki Watzke's reasoning why he prefers to keep Lewa and rather let him go for free next summer.)

And as I already posted in the GenSec - just a piece of info for the people who doubt that Robert Lewandowski is a 100% pro: He wanted to move to Dortmund already for the 2009/2010 season, but his then club Lech Poznan blocked the move. His reaction? He became Polish top scorer in 2009/10 and helped Lech Poznan to win the Polish championship before he finally could transfer to Dortmund. I fully expect him to act just as professionally for Dortmund this season.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:38 am

He only wants to join Bayern and Klopp has now even publicly stated that he would join Bayern next season. Don't think selling him now would work given that Bayern would be happy to wait for one more season and snatch him for free.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:56 pm

It's too late now, he should stay unless he agrees to leave Germany I wouldn't accept a Buyern offer anymore.

Lewandowski is a true pro, he'll give his best whenever, for whoever he plays.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:35 pm

If Lewa leaves next season, for FREE, I would be really, really pissed. It would be nothing short of a scam. Since he will only go to Bayern, I would prefer to sell him for anything over €15 million.

Dortmund have a solid team and they can attract any talented player. So they will be capable of CL without him. But they would need a solid replacement. Though the CL fight will be restricted to 4 (max 5) teams, their existing cover for Lewa is pretty meh.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Dortmund management have been pretty clear about this whole Lewandowski saga. Whoever had an interest in signing Lewandowski had time to put an offer till the 15th May. Buyern DIDN'T bid, only Chelsea and Real Madrid did. Lewandowski snubbed both for Buyern. He'll move there next season for free.

This way Klopp will have time to think about a proper replacement without weakening the side next season.

After all it's about being competitive and not money, Dortmund will get similar money if they're competitive next season, which is unlikely to happen if two important players leave and are replaced by players who probably need atleast a year to settle in.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Well if that is the case then they will lose him for nothing. But I don't buy the argument that BvB will not be competitive (CL qualification) without Lewa.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Well, maybe see it so that they would only be able to sell him for maybe 20-25 mio Euros, and they would not really get a 1:1 replacement for that money for the year, while now they have a full year to look for a proper and possibly cheaper replacement.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 am

Dortmund has a crazy scouting network. They could have easily got a suitable (not at par) replacement for Lewa and don't need to scout a WHOLE year. Any new arrival would be a bet, so no matter how long you scout you will have the inherent risk of a new signing. Also, they arn't like Roma, Liverpool or Valencia. Any player barring the very top shelf would love to play for them.

The way I see it, BvB played safe (too safe) and lost €15-20 million.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:25 am

I think you overestimate the BVB scouts a little bit. Even they need a) time and b) prospects that are not snatched up by other clubs right away.

By now the other clubs know how clever Dortmund are and if some interest in a player becomes evident somehow, the prices rise quite a bit. So better give them a little time while being able to resort to a top player in Lewandowski, which is obviously the safest option.

As for them not being like Liverpool etc - that is true not only in that the BVB play CL; but also they can only pay considerably less, which for many agents is a strong reason against them. (And I bet it is more the agents than the players who would turn down a move nowadays).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11