Doc
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
95 posters

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Raphael Varane - Page 13 Empty Re: Raphael Varane

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Varane did look good the other night and surprisingly so did Albiol. I doubt though whether this will change Mou mind re Carvalho and Pepe starting. It does however tell Mou that Ramos may not be needed this year at CB.

One of my complaints about Mou is he doesn't use his entire line-up. They all need playing time if they are going to contribute. This past game should tell him he can use more rotation (at least at CB) than he has been using.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:42 pm

I think that penalty albiol gave to Barca turned the popular opinion on him. He is a very solid defender, but you have to trust him, and mourinho kinda does. I do think he was very good as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:13 pm

is he really human? Suspect
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Problem with Albiol is that he won't make the small mistakes.... although, as a CB, there are very few small mistakes admittedly. Other thing is that he doesn't seem the most mentally strong (mistakes rattle him).

Good performance... but that was once and against Rayo. He wasn't that great in preseason. When he puts a few of them together, then i'll begin to reshape my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:54 pm

yh, i'm not saying i would keep him, but we are demonizing the poor guy a bit too much at times.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Nick being political as always. However, I'll agree, I have no faith in Albiol whatsoever...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:54 pm

making 0 mistakes for a cb is the best requirement for the cb. afcource i expect him to reach that level because i have faith in his ability and potentail, there is nothing wrong with that.

My expectations of him is that i want him to reach pique level as soon as possible.

I merly identified his mistakes and the foults in his style of play, its something u cant argue with because they were very obevious mistakes. i dont have the video to show his mistakes but i remember both his matches cuz i was really really watching him closely and everything around him.

For you guys to blindly say that he made no mistakes whatsoever and overrating him will only make him not focus on his mistakes.

If he faced better strikers or attackers, he would certainly have took advantage of his mistakes.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:59 pm

SuperMAG wrote:
For you guys to blindly say that he made no mistakes whatsoever and overrating him will only make him not focus on his mistakes.

Us saying anything wont affect what Varane does. Rolling Eyes
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Once again, these mistakes (whatever they maybe) are a bit vague. What was his mistakes that you speak about? Also, Pique makes mistakes like most centre backs that aren't named Maldini, Sammer and Titus Bramble.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:16 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:

Us saying anything wont affect what Varane does. Rolling Eyes

you are 100% right. But if a 100000 people say the same thing and overrating him, then their will be effect on varane himself, he will think he did no mistake whatsoever which isnt the case.

About pique, he was the best defender i saw before last season. and even now he almost never make mistakes in big games.

oh and again, i dont have the video.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Varane will be praised when he plays well same goes to every other player. He needs the encouragement from the fans and players if he is gonna become successful at Real Madrid.

Plus Varane seems to be a smart and honest guy that wont get ahead of himself. I fully trust him.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Mistakes are not unusual... every CB makes multiple mistakes in each game (some more than others). The good CBs are able to recover and clean up their mistakes. The bad ones don't have that recovery and the mistakes result in a clear chance or a goal.

Varane and Pepe have great recovery. Carvalho used to and is slowing. Albiol has poor recovery and, thus, cannot afford to make mistakes.

Tactical awareness is also very, very important to understand where you can take risks so that, if you fail, you or a teammate have a great chance to recover/cover. Pepe is not so good at this. Carvalho used to be a master. This is Varane's biggest strength actually. Albiol is meh.

Other than the goal within 30 secs last game where Varane didn't react quickly enough to the shot (You don't expect Lass to make a pass like that and you also don't expect Casillas to save the ball right in the middle), he was very good the rest of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 pm

people here wont sleep until he reaches 89 rating in fifa...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:11 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:people here wont sleep until he reaches 89 rating in fifa...

Literally laughed out loud

Quoted for truth :lol!:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:18 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:people here wont sleep until he reaches 89 rating in fifa...
Come on! I don't critisize him, that's a sign Very Happy He'll be our second Ozil if he continues to perform on high level= cheap, young, highly adaptable and extremly skillful Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:05 am

He s a great defender , his goal against rayo was legendery, but still , he is in the beginning of his career and he should improve even more although i see he is better than carvalho and of course albiol
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:42 am

Raphael Varane - Page 13 Tumblr_ls5r5nEC8z1qdnpvro4_500
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahmud002 Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:48 am

sportsczy wrote:Mistakes are not unusual... every CB makes multiple mistakes in each game (some more than others). The good CBs are able to recover and clean up their mistakes. The bad ones don't have that recovery and the mistakes result in a clear chance or a goal.

Varane and Pepe have great recovery. Carvalho used to and is slowing. Albiol has poor recovery and, thus, cannot afford to make mistakes.

Tactical awareness is also very, very important to understand where you can take risks so that, if you fail, you or a teammate have a great chance to recover/cover. Pepe is not so good at this. Carvalho used to be a master. This is Varane's biggest strength actually. Albiol is meh.

Other than the goal within 30 secs last game where Varane didn't react quickly enough to the shot (You don't expect Lass to make a pass like that and you also don't expect Casillas to save the ball right in the middle), he was very good the rest of the game.

I agree. Everyone makes mistake and that's why you need cb partner you can trust. What make pique a great defender is puyol. Beacause they are compatible. Without puyol pique looks vulnerable and with pique he looks rock solid. I think varane should be paired with ramos and ramos is a great CB if he uses his head though he relies too much on his instinct and ability.

Mahmud002
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 am

Varane has impressive tacking ability, his tackling accuracy is amazing.

His recovery is not as great as u think it is.

His reading of the game is also suspecious, yes when there few attackers attacking, he can anticipate that, but when there are too many attackers, he get lost or just stand in his position.

His reactions are a bit low for now. but expect that aspect to improve alot with a little time.

Other then that, he looks like a TOP class talent, and nick u are right, i wont accept him until he reaches 89 in fifa lol.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:38 am

Just so you know mag... varane's tactical awareness (reading the game) was considered his main strength in France and was rated amongst the best last year in L1. Tackling was considered very good. As he played DM at times, his passing was also considered good for a CB. Physical play was something he needed to work on as he played too clean and needed to bulk up. Watching him in Madrid, the scouting report from France is spot on. I think his tactical awareness is spectacular frankly. These were his first 2 competitive games in over a month... so he was just a bit rusty and also nervous since it was his first official games.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 am

i know about his nerves and rustiness, my observation is just a peleminary one lol. i didnt watch the presseason (cuz of that whole acc thing) but i heard good things about him.

Waiting for him to get to full form before i put more knifes in his stomach. Twisted Evil

and where do u get this scouting report news or stuff lol, can u post the link of his report.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:02 am

I personally thought it was crazy for him to come to Madrid... just felt the gap between having 6 good months with Lens (relegation team) and playing here was too great for a 18 yo that didn't speak a lick of Spanish.

Has proven me wrong big time. He just goes out and plays his game. That mental toughness is something you can't teach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:39 am

More experience + learning from his mistakes is what will ultimately turn him into a WC Cb.

What i getting from Sportsczy is that he is more of a reader of the game and prefers intercepting passes and blocking passing lanes. Centerbacks like that are rare to find, and even rarer to find one with the type of composure and mental toughness that Varane has displayed so far in Real Madrid.

But for his own good it's best to keep him from starting games this season and let him develop in solitude and under the guidance of Mou. Physically he should be a monster 1.9m and 85+ kg's already at 18 is scary stuff, but he doesn't have that dominant / physical presence yet, that is something that would and will develop over time.

Defenders don't explode potential wise like attackers do, so you'd have to be patient with him.

So jelly right now...

Spoiler:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Crimson's watched him more than i have in France and can offer more first hand experience. I admit, i saw him only play 4-5 times because people were stunned that he was dominating at CB and he was worth watching. Lens was a real crappy team too and he was just doing his job without letting any of the drama around him have any effect.

I thought he had a lot of potential... but was probably looking better than he really was because people around him were so bad at Lens. But he's been the same at Madrid. No problem lol. Kid is as cool as a cucumber.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:36 pm

The only thing he needs to work on is his Spanish.

Language is essential for a CB.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:41 pm

18 is still way to young for a Cb to handle the pressure of a big club like Real, every mistake you make is intensified and ridiculed by the media.

Can u imagine what might happen if Messi ever gets his way with this kid at an early age scarred for life bro lol

Worst case senario for this Kid i; you go and buy another wc /great Defender and then rides bench and become Bonera-esque end product.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next