The Three Lions

+93
Blue
Unique
BusterLfc
Carrickature
Kick
fatman123
commando
Donuts
Magic Spray
farfan
Abramovich
BarcaLearning
Xifio
futbol
Lord Awesome
Magricos
Lex
izzy
Rossonero23
chemicalboy99
adun101
elitedam
Kaladin
McLewis
Dnmac4
Casciavit
TenMenWonTheLeague
sportsczy
missjb
Peccadillo
sbaggio
Pedram
zenmaster
Dante
Forza
Arquitecto
neuro11
chinomaster182
Zealous
Adit
RED
1991
boyzis
DeletedUser#1
guest_07
messixaviesta
Mr Nick09
djoe26
Hapless_Hans
EL Patron
nasir6371
REWB
Arsenalfaithfull
Raptorgunner
mr-r34
BarrileteCosmico
LeBéninois
iftikhar
Nishankly
Robespierre
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
Curtinho
M99
VendettaRed07
Motogp69
Vlad the Impaler
Gil
aleumdance
Art Morte
Busby Babe
B-Mac
rwo power
AltoZ
Gemini
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Catracho
DuringTheWar
Onyx
The Franchise
Albiceleste
vivabarca38
EarlyPrototype
urbaNRoots
justdoit_
Ganso
Le Samourai
RealGunner
Jay29
97 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 11:19 am

England boss Roy Hodgson has named the players he will be taking to the 2016 European Championships in France next month.


Goalkeepers: Hart, Forster, Heaton

Defenders: Bertrand, Clyne, Cahill, Rose, Smalling, Stones, Walker

Midfielders: Alli, Barkley, Dier, Delph, Drinkwater, Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Sterling, Townsend, Wilshere

Strikers: Kane, Rashford, Rooney, Sturridge, Vardy

and only 3 center backs. please roy just die you cnut Evil or Very Mad

Unique
BOSS MAN

Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Jay29 Mon May 16, 2016 11:23 am

It's a provisional squad. Three will get knocked off before the tournament starts, and it'll probably be Delph, Townsend and Rashford.

Don't know why you've underlined Wilshere as a problem when he's key to this team.

Dier can play centre back as well.


Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 11:25 am

Jay29 wrote:It's a provisional squad. Three will get knocked off before the tournament starts, and it'll probably be Delph, Townsend and Rashford.

Don't know why you've underlined Wilshere as a problem when he's key to this team.

Dier can play centre back as well.

wilshere has played about 3 games in 2 years. he will get picked. be 4 yards off in the games he plays and people will say what do you expect he hasent played any football in 2 years. :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Art Morte Mon May 16, 2016 11:58 am

I'd drop Rashford, Wilshere and then either Delph or Barkley, who has been shite in 2016. I'd play Alli, Lallana or Rooney in Barkley's role all summer long. Townsend would keep his place for me because he's a natural winger.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18235
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Glory Mon May 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Rashford getting recognition is fine.
But I prefer him not going personally. The kid's been playing nonstop and needs a rest.
I agree though that IF HE IS PICKED the experience alone will benefit him even if he doesnt get a game.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 6219
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 12:06 pm

I'm depressed now. roy always knows how to depress me its the only talent the man has. Sad
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by RealGunner Mon May 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Why would we drop Wilshere? Doesn't matter if he has 1 app or 2. He is still our best midfielder.

Who would go instead? Delph or Noble? Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89399
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 7:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Why would we drop Wilshere? Doesn't matter if he has 1 app or 2. He is still our best midfielder.

Who would go instead? Delph or Noble? Laughing

I know exactly what will happen. wilshere wil start for England and be miles off the pace and the arsenal fans will blame it on a lack of games.

and talking about noble he has had a far better more consistent season than wilshere.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by RealGunner Mon May 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Arsenal fans? Wilshere isn't going to play for Arsenal at the Euros. I don't know why it matters who he plays for or who anyone plays for at club level as long as they are performing for England in an england shirt.

If he isn't sharp enough then Roy wouldn't start him. Alli and Dier are both ahead of him. 3rd spot is up for grabs but we might even see Rooney there if Kane is to start.

We have to take 23 men to Euros.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89399
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by McAgger Mon May 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Taking 4 fullbacks and 3 CBs Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28301
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by RealGunner Mon May 16, 2016 7:24 pm

Dier is probably the 4th CB
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89399
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 7:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:Arsenal fans? Wilshere isn't going to play for Arsenal at the Euros. I don't know why it matters who he plays for or who anyone plays for at club level as long as they are performing for England in an england shirt.

If he isn't sharp enough then Roy wouldn't start him. Alli and Dier are both ahead of him. 3rd spot is up for grabs but we might even see Rooney there if Kane is to start.

We have to take 23 men to Euros.
that's a load of crap. everyone has a soft spot for there club players on international duty. and the way the arsenal fans go on about wilshere they are no different
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 7:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:Dier is probably the 4th CB
how many times has dier played cb this season.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Jay29 Mon May 16, 2016 7:35 pm

He played the majority of his game at centre back and right back during his first year at Spurs before he was moved into midfield. He came up through Sporting as a centre back as well.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Jay29 wrote:He played the majority of his game at centre back and right back during his first year at Spurs before he was moved into midfield. He came up through Sporting as a centre back as well.
so none this season. I saw he who shall not be named on ssn earlier saying he dropped a cb so he could pick 5 strikers. he will only play with 1 striker and rooney just behind anyway.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Jay29 Mon May 16, 2016 7:42 pm

You think he's forgotten how to play centre back in one season or something? Laughing


Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon May 16, 2016 7:48 pm

Wilshire Laughing
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 5928
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 7:53 pm

Jay29 wrote:You think he's forgotten how to play centre back in one season or something? Laughing

no. but the guy is only 22yo with 4 England caps. bit of a risk asking him to play centre back at the euros imo.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 7:53 pm

just saw this on ssn. the day just gets better and better.

Where does England captain Wayne Rooney fit into Roy Hodgson's side at Euro 2016?

It is a topic being hotly debated right now, given the England manager's range of options in forward positions and Rooney's recent switch to a midfield role for Manchester United after a poor goal return up front this season.

There has also been an intriguing twist, with news Rooney has told Hodgson he would prefer to play at the base of a midfield diamond, effectively as a holding midfielder, according to Sky sources.
:facepalm: :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Art Morte Mon May 16, 2016 8:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:Why would we drop Wilshere? Doesn't matter if he has 1 app or 2. He is still our best midfielder.

Who would go instead? Delph or Noble? Laughing



What makes Wilshere so great exactly? He's always been about potential that he's never reached. Offensively his best PL season is 3 goals and 4 assists. To put that in perspective, Henderson has bettered that in four PL seasons, Noble five times and Milner seven times.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18235
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Jay29 Mon May 16, 2016 8:37 pm

If you've watched England at all throughout qualifying you'd know Wilshere was one of their best performers. He's not going because of some hokey potential, but because in an England shirt he always performs.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Jay29 wrote:If you've watched England at all throughout qualifying you'd know Wilshere was one of their best performers. He's not going because of some hokey potential, but because in an England shirt he always performs.
and if you have watched England at all you would know that how England perform in a easy qualifying group has nothing to do with how they play in the eoros/world cup propper
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 8:44 pm

wiki says wilshere has played 17 games in 2 seasons.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by B-Mac Mon May 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Should drop Rooney keep Rashford imo :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8830
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Jay29 Mon May 16, 2016 8:52 pm

Unique wrote:
Jay29 wrote:If you've watched England at all throughout qualifying you'd know Wilshere was one of their best performers. He's not going because of some hokey potential, but because in an England shirt he always performs.
and if you have watched England at all you would know that how England perform in a easy qualifying group has nothing to do with how they play in the eoros/world cup propper

So we should leave out all the players that performed well during qualifying because it's an easy group?

Hodgson should get stick for some things but picking players that he knows performs for him, works well in the systems he plans to play and has good on-pitch relationships with other players over some players who have two months of decent PL form is not one of them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 8:57 pm

Jay29 wrote:
Unique wrote:
Jay29 wrote:If you've watched England at all throughout qualifying you'd know Wilshere was one of their best performers. He's not going because of some hokey potential, but because in an England shirt he always performs.
and if you have watched England at all you would know that how England perform in a easy qualifying group has nothing to do with how they play in the eoros/world cup propper

So we should leave out all the players that performed well during qualifying because it's an easy group?

Hodgson should get stick for some things but picking players that he knows performs for him, works well in the systems he plans to play and has good on-pitch relationships with other players over some players who have two months of decent PL form is not one of them.
no I'm not saying that. I'm saying don't think a player will do well just because they looked good in a easy group.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

The Three Lions - Page 38 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum