TalkingReckless
lenear1030
the xcx
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PlayStation Orbis (PS4) - Page 2 Empty Re: PlayStation Orbis (PS4)

Post by Bellabong Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:17 pm

The source is Kotaku who are pretty reliable and you can pretty much consider the name finalized. Unless Sony are being master trolls by making http://orbis.scedev.net/ available but not http://ps4.scedev.net/

Only thing I really care about are the Xbox specs because that's what's going to be ported to PC. (One of the reasons for Xbox's existence, it was the DirectX box)

As for people complaining about the specs - console specs are always inferior to Mid-High end PC's of the time of their release. It's why they're so cheap. (In case people don't know, the GPU will be based on the ATI/AMD's being rolled out now, the HD7xxx series which would easily handle todays game engines at Quad HD) Hell I'm pretty sure my 275GTX could run todays console ports at 4k (unplayable fps though since thats essentially an x16 workload) and as for RAM/VRAM. While the VRAM is the most annoying feature of the current gen, limiting texture map sizes drastically, you don't need that much RAM on a console anyway...

AMD x64 could mean anything. The only info you can get from that is that it's a 64bit processor from AMD. Congratulations, you could've guessed that after Sony pulled out of the Cell project 4-5 years ago.

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Yh thats true but i would expect newer specs than from 2010 no console has ever started with specs so outdated that would be 3 years old the time the cycle comes to an end it would be 8 years old or around that.

Not really complaining because i dont tend to buy consoles until the middle of the life cycle or around that but it would suprise me if it wasnt more powerful.

BTW Consoles have changed names during development before, heard of the Nintendo Dolphin or Nintendo Revolution or Natal?

Wouldnt suprise me if this isn't the name when its released its the specs iam skeptical of because i believe it will be more powerful when its released.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:00 pm

I don't think its a console it will be be kinect type thing for ps3... because the filled for patents
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Ign havnt said much and i trust them the most.

I hope you're not serious right? We are talking about the same IGN?
The same IGN that posts reviews like, http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1145331p1.html
The same IGN that's reactionary to a lot of Fox based stuff, when they're both owned by Newscorp. I.e. generating useless content for eachother.
The same IGN that posts masses of absolutely sh*tty, childish articles like http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/118/1183394p1.html and http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1196353p1.html
The same IGN that blatantly steals article ideas from other sites, and those articles are the only half decent articles on IGN.
The same IGN that came all over MW3?
The same IGN that asks for subscriptions then posts subscription based content somewhere on their network for free.
The same IGN whose closing comments barely ever matches their ratings?
The same IGN that thought people saying ME3's ending sucked are essentially spoiled brats?
The same IGN that posts comment response articles and then doesn't actually answer criticism?
Did I mention IGN is owned by NewsCorp?

WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS?! THIS IS ACTUAL CONTENT.

(same guy that wrote that Dead Space 2 review lols)

IGN IS to videogaming/tech/media what Goal.com is to football.

Post a bunch of useless content for people to click and reap in the ad money. OR in IGN's case, ad money AND subcripion money!

Last edited by Phritz on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:36 pm

ign is the most untrustworthy and scumbag gaming site in the world
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:44 pm

there's no such thing as trustworthy game website lol, they're all paid off by developers... unless reporting direct quotes, stay the hell away
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:51 pm

There are plenty of good gaming websites... same as there's plenty of good football websites Wink
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm

lol phritz i was talking about the gaming news more than the reviews.

but i had no idea about all of the links u posted.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Phritz wrote:There are plenty of good gaming websites... same as there's plenty of good football websites Wink

yea but only fan-made, rest are ad revenue whores
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:32 pm

I will get it but all the developers and sony kept going on and on about how the games are barely using 10-20% of the playstation 3's potential. And now they're moving on to a new console? Maybe they were lying to make people more excited about having a platstation 3.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:23 am

Apparently the games for next gen consoles can be used only once. Consoles yet again following the shitty path of PC gaming.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:36 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/04/sources-detail-the-playstation-4s-processing-specs

nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:24 pm

TomJuve wrote:I will get it but all the developers and sony kept going on and on about how the games are barely using 10-20% of the playstation 3's potential. And now they're moving on to a new console? Maybe they were lying to make people more excited about having a platstation 3.

that's what i was saying. if there word was true, i doubt theyve come close to pushing the limits of the current gen, and now they ready for the next? obvious moneygrap op, but we'll all fall for it anyways because we dont have a choice
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Sony better get their machine out first, or within 4-6 months of microsoft, or they will get blown out again. and they need a real online interface lmao, psn is laughable
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Nichabr already posted the link, but here is the summary

The PlayStation 4, reportedly codenamed Orbis, may utilize custom chips based on AMD's A8-3850 APU and Radeon HD 7670 GPU

the A8-3850 packs a quad-core 2.9GHz processor with an integrated graphics chip. The APU will work in tandem with the system's dedicated GPU, the HD 7670, a DirectX 11-enabled card clocked to 1GHz with up to 1GB of dedicated VRAM.

By current standards, the HD 6670 is an entry-level processor with a price of about $74.99. Benchmark tests place framerate performance for taxing titles games like Metro 2033 and Crysis 2 set to high settings at a resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p) with average framerates of just over 30 frames-per-second. The chip also supports HDMI1.4a output, which is necessary for the system's rumored 4k output. Naturally, a comparably lightweight operating system and console-optimized games will likely improve performance, but the PS4's real edge could come from the secondary GPU provided by the APU.

Onboard the A8-3850 is an HD 6550D, which makes the APU capable of running games at baseline specs and lower resolutions without the help of a discrete GPU. When the APU is paired with the HD 7670, however, Sony will be able to utilize an asymmetrical CrossFire configuration to share the load of realtime graphics processing.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 pm

The only reason the next gen consoles are coming out so soon is because Microsoft wants to integerate their own console with Blue Ray, and hence wants to bring out the new one.

And since Wii U is coming out too, Sony couldn't afford to stay behind, eventhough they said PS4 wont come out untill 2016 previously.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:The only reason the next gen consoles are coming out so soon is because Microsoft wants to integerate their own console with Blue Ray, and hence wants to bring out the new one.

And since Wii U is coming out too, Sony couldn't afford to stay behind, eventhough they said PS4 wont come out untill 2016 previously.

Early? too soon? most of these consoles are 7+ years old they are terribly out of date and most phones have more processing power Laughing

From a developer standpoint new consoles are a must, these consoles its very limited with what developers can do both PS3 and 360 are being stretched to the absolute limit and have been for a while now.

Sony were stupid to think it could last till 2016, technology moves too fast and it was never going to last that long.

Previous generations for example of an average life cycle of 5 years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 pm

i dont know man, many kids i know just got the ps3 a year ago cause thats when they put the prices down. And they launched that new xbox just a while ago didnt they ? the black one

but yea u might be right. Also it wont be early 2013 anyways, perhaps Christmas time or early 2014.

more will be known in E3
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:58 pm

I would have been impressed if this thread was created 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure Microsoft will better PS4.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:i dont know man, many kids i know just got the ps3 a year ago cause thats when they put the prices down. And they launched that new xbox just a while ago didnt they ? the black one

but yea u might be right. Also it wont be early 2013 anyways, perhaps Christmas time or early 2014.

more will be known in E3

Yh ofcourse the kids are easily amused Razz but from a development stand point and creating those AAA games then new consoles are a must really.

Yh they did release the slim black Xbox a while ago but i think that was for a sales boost and it did work Xbox was above even bloody Nintendo for a while.

Microsoft and Sony wont give 2 shits because it still brings in the money but from a development stand point these consoles cant last too much longer.

Also when you consider the fact they cant allow Nintendo to rape the market like before and if they dont act fast it very well could happen.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:18 pm

Nintendo is still going to amazingly out-sell everybody lol :lol!:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2