You know competition is in decline when...

+28
RedOranje
nichabr
Doc
the xcx
Albiceleste
Jay29
Adit
EarlyPrototype
urbaNRoots
Swanhends
Jason Jarrett
Zealous
rwo power
teamanarchy
izzy
che
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
Forza
halamadrid2
Le Samourai
Lord Hades
REWB
Lex
VivaStPauli
Cassius
matpol
The Joker
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

You know competition is in decline when... - Page 4 Empty Re: You know competition is in decline when...

Post by nichabr Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:55 pm

This is sad people...The only reason the competition is so boring is because theirs a big drop in quality among all teams in recent times and the fact that we see teams going out there and barely playing football(not all but alot) anymore...Its all just teams going out there to do their job and not show any passion.

nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

You know competition is in decline when... - Page 4 Empty Re: You know competition is in decline when...

Post by izzy Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Albiceleste wrote:It's bad when it takes a club to get all the way to the semi-finals to finally face a decent team.

Really?

2007-08 Champions League.

Last 16: Barca Vs Celtic
QF: Barca Vs Schalke.

Yes it is. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Some people here tend to forget that clubs strength arent measured what league they play or how good the players are. How do you measure football?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Josh had a nice quote on the topic of UCL declining, right, here it is...

Le Samourai wrote:Lowest quality CL in history.....United can't even get out of the easiest group.

Yeah...I'd say it's a completely rational theory.

I reckon a meme could be used somewhere inside there...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Doc wrote:Josh had a nice quote on the topic of UCL declining, right, here it is...

Le Samourai wrote:Lowest quality CL in history.....United can't even get out of the easiest group.

Yeah...I'd say it's a completely rational theory.

I reckon a meme could be used somewhere inside there...
AH RECKON the post is better for having NOT used a meme.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:22 pm

AH RECKON we should all start talking like this full time hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:00 pm

I'd rather see Apoel suck against Real, than not seeing them throw out a bunch of entitled sissies on their way there.

They deserved their go at the quarters, they held up well for 70ish minutes, and they faltered against an attack that consisted of players whose individual market value is higher than the combined total of Apoels squad.

It was worth seeing, screw that entitled attitude of the so-called "big teams", Bayern were minnows before the 70s, BMG were a big-shot team in the mid-70s, half the Bundesliga was spending like the EPL is now in the late 90s - football changes. And if a couple of boring rich teams have to suffer so minnows can have their 90 minutes of fame, so be it.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:11 pm

what the op is suggesting it sounds like is we should have a super league only consisting of barca, madrid, bayern, milan, juve, inter, manu, mancity, arsenal, tottenham, liverpool, chelsea etc.

how ever, this is champions league. smaller teams are going to upset larger teams and make it through group stages and what not.

this might not be the best 8 teams left, but they are the 8 teams who progressed through the group stages, and round of 16. and they deserve to be there.

at least imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:19 pm

This is one of the weakest moments I have seen in football tbh. Not just the teams that are weak, but tactically, a lot of these matches have been farcial. Not just in the CL mind. The lack of outstanding players is astonishing. All the Talents in world football seem to be concentrated. In the 90s/2000s you had players like R9, Zidane,Davids, Figo, Raul, Henry, Bergkamp, Ronaldinho, Scholes, Pirlo, Del Piero, Conte, Thuam, Cannavaro, Hierro, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Carlos, Redondo, Keane, Viera etc. Now tell me how many outstanding players there are today. maybe football has become too tactical, hence these players today have less time on the ball. Last season was farcial in the CL. The tactical ineptitude shown by both Bayern and Inter in theirgame last season was embarrassing. This season United have suffered from injuries and tacticaly being outplayed by minnows.

Football in general is heading into the dark ages. the 2010 is the worst WC I have ever watched in my life, the Copa America was a nagative embarrassment and I fully expect the Euros to be equally as shameful.

Last edited by jibers on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:20 pm

This thread is retarded. If the best team always won, what's the point of even having the competition? Just give the trophy to Barsa at the beginning of the season and be done w/it.

The competition has not "declined", the level of the big teams has, and casual fans can't get excited for a good match without big names.

And in every CL there's a team that gets through to the semis with a favorable draw.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:21 pm

jibers wrote:This is one of the weakest moments I have seen in football tbh. Not just the teams that are weak, but tactically, a lot of these matches have been farcial. Not just in the CL mind. The lack of outstanding players is astonishing. All the Talents in world football seem to be concentrated. In the 90s/2000s you had players like R9, Zidane,Davids, Figo, Raul, Henry, Bergkam, Ronaldinho. Now tell me how many outstanding players there are today. maybe football has become too tactical, hence these players today have less time on the ball. Last season was farcial in the CL. The tactical ineptitude shown by both Bayern and Inter in theirgame last season was embarrassing. This season United have suffered from injuries and tacticaly being outplayed by minnows.

Football in general is heading into the dark ages. the 2010 is the worst WC I have ever watched in my life, the Copa America was a nagative embarrassment and I fully expect the Euros to be equally as shameful.

So is the game too tactical or are all the teams tactically inept hmm

Can't be both...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:25 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
jibers wrote:This is one of the weakest moments I have seen in football tbh. Not just the teams that are weak, but tactically, a lot of these matches have been farcial. Not just in the CL mind. The lack of outstanding players is astonishing. All the Talents in world football seem to be concentrated. In the 90s/2000s you had players like R9, Zidane,Davids, Figo, Raul, Henry, Bergkam, Ronaldinho. Now tell me how many outstanding players there are today. maybe football has become too tactical, hence these players today have less time on the ball. Last season was farcial in the CL. The tactical ineptitude shown by both Bayern and Inter in theirgame last season was embarrassing. This season United have suffered from injuries and tacticaly being outplayed by minnows.

So is the game too tactical or are all the teams tactically inept hmm

Can't be both...

The game has become more negative, that's what I meant to say generallyu, but teams in Europe have become naive. I'm sorry look at Barcelona vs Leverkusen for example. That is one of the most tactically embarrassing games I have ever see. Apparently that moron is next in line for Bayern job. I pray for Bayerns future if that is true. Even my mate that doesn't watch footbal regularly spotted the naivety. Europe is heading to the shitter. Lack of quality players. I have always said that Barcelona are like Roger Federer, heads and shoulders above mediocre teams all round...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:This thread is retarded. If the best team always won, what's the point of even having the competition? Just give the trophy to Barsa at the beginning of the season and be done w/it.

The competition has not "declined", the level of the big teams has, and casual fans can't get excited for a good match without big names.

And in every CL there's a team that gets through to the semis with a favorable draw.

Sums up my toughts aswell.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:38 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:This thread is retarded. If the best team always won, what's the point of even having the competition? Just give the trophy to Barsa at the beginning of the season and be done w/it.

That, too.

If people really set up a European Super League with always the same teams playing, I definitely wouldn't watch that as I'd get bored of ever the same matches in no-time. I mean, look at the boring chain of the Spanish Clasicos - who other than die-hard Real or Barca fans are really excited by those after the umpteenth repetition in short time? I prefer a more unpredictable set-up where unlikely teams can show up and cause some upsets.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:38 pm

rwo power wrote:

That, too.

If people really set up a European Super League with always the same teams playing, I definitely wouldn't watch that as I'd get bored of ever the same matches in no-time. I mean, look at the boring chain of the Spanish Clasicos - who other than die-hard Real or Barca fans are really excited by those after the umpteenth repetition in short time? I prefer a more unpredictable set-up where unlikely teams can show up and cause some upsets.

It won't make a difference. Football has gone to the dogs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:42 pm

jibers wrote:It won't make a difference. Football has gone to the dogs.
Maybe you should watch some Bundesliga then. Here you'll find rather differents team set-ups and things are a lot of fun still ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum