sportsczy
Albiceleste
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zealous
VanDeezNuts
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Newcastle sound out Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle sound out Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Crimson wrote:Morata is also a winger and can play SS too.

For Castilla he has pretty much played as a winger all season

Would fit like a dove into our new system then, my concern would be lack of play time stunting his growth......

He would be playing cup games, during AFCON and when Cisse/Ba is injured,suspended..... would you be happy with that?

I presumed Madrid fans would want him to go to a team where he starts everyweek.

I do think our priorities should be a CB, FB , DM and CM as i said but if the player knows he wont be starting everyweek and accepts that then i have no problem with it.

I was just worried about his future because i expected him to join a team where he would start everyweek.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Newcastle sound out Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle sound out Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Would fit like a dove into our new system then, my concern would be lack of play time stunting his growth......

He would be playing cup games, during AFCON and when Cisse/Ba is injured,suspended..... would you be happy with that?

I presumed Madrid fans would want him to go to a team where he starts everyweek.

I do think our priorities should be a CB, FB , DM and CM as i said but if the player knows he wont be starting everyweek and accepts that then i have no problem with it.

I was just worried about his future because i expected him to join a team where he would start everyweek.

Yeah I want him to play week in week out but then again going into a good team and getting play time can be even better imo.

As long as we have a BB or something ill be happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:27 pm

I personally want to go to a team where he can play regularly, not necessarily start every week. Some place where he has room to grow, and opportunities. it's going to take more than a season for him to get used to the top level anyway, and La liga teams are a little cautious about their CFs. Not sure how many will trust him to start everyweek, specially if he is under pressure. on top of all, Newcastle is a big team, and Ba will break his knee soon Laughing

edit: Pardew is a quality manager too, no brendan rogers, but he is ok.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:29 pm

demba ba is really liked in this forum .lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

The more games the better, but you reckon he would be played ahead of Best?

Also 10 games with Newcastle in PL >>>>>> a whole season of starting games in Segunda B lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Yh i think thats the plan EP, i heard some weeks ago we are after a young striker to be in the rotation with Ba and Cisse.......

First we were linked with Giudetti from City and now this its one of the reasons iam actually thinking they maybe something in it because buying a young promising forward is one of the targets we have for the summer.

Do need to get the Defence and Midfield sorted out first but i wouldnt be against such a signing if he understands he wont be first choice and doesnt kick up a fuss and cause problems.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:37 pm

You need a midfielder? you can buy Alex too, great young CM.

need a winger? Jese > those useless frenchies you have for wingers banana
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:40 pm

I am guessing that Newcastle don't just want a temporary solution to depth. Which means they are going to do their best to keep him permanently, whereas Real are most likely going to try and put a buy back clause in there somewhere. If a deal is made then Newcaslte are probably going to want something around 10 million for a buyback.

Or Morata just forces is way out lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:42 pm

we cant just buy them back for fun, i would rather pay 20M to Newcastle in 4 years time if he becomes an elite player
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeh so would I, but you know that nearly all our youngsters that go out have a buyback clause and it wont go well with Newcastle.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:46 pm

We need IMO CB, FB, DM, CM above all else.........

Dont really need a typical winger tbh, we have switched to 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa and Ba either side of Cisse.

Need a DM for Tiote back up( but we have youth coming through for that so it might not happen), CB , Fullback and a B2B or Playmaker depending on what Cabaye's role is.

Then you have the young forward whether thats Hoilett, Zaha, Morata, Guidetti etc etc.

Quite frankly i expect a Fullback, Centre Back, CM and a Young promising forward for rotation and that will probably be it and promote the talents we have coming through already and maybe buy some kids for the youth team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:50 pm

what players are your club targeting, doubt you will sign so many players.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:09 pm

4 players for the first team isnt much imo and the manager and board know we lack to depth for us just to stand still we need to improve......

According to local reports we are eying a CB, FB, CM and Forward......

Centre back the main targets seems to be Mbiwa of Montpellier and Douglas of Twente , CM and fullback is hard to judge because names have not been reported much just the positions we are looking to strengthen.

These are names we have been linked with some no longer targets and some are......

GK
None

DEF
Nathaniel Clyne
Rhys Williams
Douglas
Yanga-Mbiwa
James Tomkins
Jan Vertonghen
Adrian Mariappa
Mathieu Debuchy
Aurelien Bayard Chedjou Fongang
Russell Martin
Steven Caulker
Toby Alderweireld
Erik Pieters
Glen Johnson
Taye Taiwo
Cheick M’Bengue
Virgil van Dijk
Patrick van Aanholt

MID
Mark Davies
Romain Amalfitano ( signed)
Georginio Wijnaldum
Seydou Keita
Benjamin Corgnet
Blerim Dzemaili
Jacob Butterfield
Adam Maher

WING
Wilfried Zaha
Junior Hoilett

ST
Rakish Bingham
Emmanuel Mayuka
Kevin Mirallas
John Guidetti
Edin Dzeko
Jordan Rhodes
Oliver Giroud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:4 players for the first team isnt much imo and the manager and board know we lack to depth for us just to stand still we need to improve......

Centre back the main targets seems to be Mbiwa of Montpellier and Douglas of Twente , CM and fullback is hard to judge because names have not been reported much just the positions we are looking to strengthen.

These are names we have been linked with some no longer targets and some are......

GK
None

DEF
Nathaniel Clyne
Rhys Williams
Douglas
Yanga-Mbiwa
James Tomkins
Jan Vertonghen
Adrian Mariappa
Mathieu Debuchy
Russell Martin
Steven Caulker
Toby Alderweireld
Erik Pieters
Glen Johnson
Taye Taiwo
Cheick M’Bengue
Virgil van Dijk
Patrick van Aanholt

MID
Mark Davies
Georginio Wijnaldum
Seydou Keita
Benjamin Corgnet
Blerim Dzemaili
Jacob Butterfield
Adam Maher

WING
Wilfried Zaha
Junior Hoilett

ST
Rakish Bingham
Emmanuel Mayuka
Kevin Mirallas
John Guidetti
Edin Dzeko
Jordan Rhodes
Oliver Giroud
Newcastle sound out Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata - Page 2 PpwOm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:4 players for the first team isnt much imo and the manager and board know we lack to depth for us just to stand still we need to improve......

GK
None

DEF
Nathaniel Clyne
Rhys Williams
Douglas
Yanga-Mbiwa
James Tomkins
Jan Vertonghen
Adrian Mariappa
Mathieu Debuchy
Russell Martin
Steven Caulker
Toby Alderweireld
Erik Pieters
Glen Johnson
Taye Taiwo
Cheick M’Bengue
Virgil van Dijk
Patrick van Aanholt

MID
Mark Davies
Georginio Wijnaldum
Seydou Keita
Benjamin Corgnet
Blerim Dzemaili
Jacob Butterfield
Adam Maher

WING
Wilfried Zaha
Junior Hoilett

ST
Rakish Bingham
Emmanuel Mayuka
Kevin Mirallas
John Guidetti
Edin Dzeko
Jordan Rhodes
Oliver Giroud

highly unlikely/impossible

Last edited by REWB on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Why is it unlikely for Newcastle to sign Vertonghen? they would give him a starting job in a quality side. Same with Dzemaili, keita, Wijnaldum or Debuchy.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:55 pm

They wanted Ravel Morrison so makes sense I guess.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:56 pm

I agree but these are just links, most of them we are not even interested anymore or just non-starters to begin with.

Giroud isnt a target unless someone leaves, Dzeko iam not sure where that came from same goes for Glen Johnson.

I know Vertonghen and Debuchy are targets....

Wijnaldum was linked the other day in the british press and iam unsure about Keita and Dzemaili.......

But if we are in europe we become a bigger draw for players.......

I should remind you we signed Santon, Coloccini, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba, Cisse and others without european football.

Id ignore Ravel Morrison that was a non starter, Pardew never wanted him he was put forward to the board but we decided against it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Why is it unlikely for Newcastle to sign Vertonghen? they would give him a starting job in a quality side. Same with Dzemaili, keita, Wijnaldum or Debuchy.

why would vertonghen leave ajax a CL team, to go to newcastle when CL teams are actually tracking him?

wijnaldum, just join psv dude...

why would debuchy leave lille who will be in CL?

dzemaili just joined napoli

keita? maybe but highly unlikely

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:03 pm

REWB wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Why is it unlikely for Newcastle to sign Vertonghen? they would give him a starting job in a quality side. Same with Dzemaili, keita, Wijnaldum or Debuchy.

why would vertonghen leave ajax a CL team, to go to newcastle when CL teams are actually tracking him?

true, forgot about the CL. fair enough mate.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Same reason why Cabaye left Lille who were in the Champions League this season, I suppose.

And Vertonghen is not unlikely for them, either. Remember Luis Suarez also joined a side without Champions League football.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Sell Morata with a buy back clause smoking
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:08 pm

So who will be benched if Vertonghen joins?

Colocini? been solid for Newcaslte.

Taylor? One of the best CB's in the league before he got injured.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:11 pm

3 top CBs in a modern club is a norm to me.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:14 pm

3 maybe.

But you still have to have the 2 that start when they are fit. You can't rotate them every game.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:14 pm

REWB wrote:

Heard of Yohan Cabaye? he joined us after Lille won the french league with him as the main playmaker.....

I agree Vertonghen is out of our reach unless we finish 4th but i dont want him anyway i prefer Mbiwa or Douglas.

EP we are buying a CB to compete with Taylor, Colo is untouchable.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next