Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker?

+14
Nishankly
StevieRayVaughan
FennecFox7
The Franchise
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
Arquitecto
jibers
Lord Hades
urbaNRoots
Tifoso Romanista
Le Samourai
Travis_RM_91
Tomasso
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker? Empty Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker?

Post by Tomasso Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:06 am

Judging from his Liverpool career thus far, I'd be inclined to give a resounding "no". His goal-scoring record is astoundingly bad for a striker with his reputation. This just goes to show how hit-or-miss the Eredivisie is when it comes to strikers posting high goal totals. You can get a Ronaldo.... or you can get a Suarez. Sure he has other contributions, but Liverpool is still in terrible form. The poor guy looked out of his depth against Cardiff City. I would rather have Torres as a support striker, knowing full-well that Torres will provide me with sharp link-up play and attacking movement even if it is a 99% guarantee that he won't score. Torres > Suarez in the SS role. In addition to lacking the most basic skill a striker should possess, he is lacking a good moral character that is damaging Liverpool's image.

Thoughts?
Tomasso
Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker? Empty Re: Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker?

Post by Travis_RM_91 Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Nowhere near World Class. Only Liverpool fans think that. He only has about 4 league assists this year so his creativity and skill isn't what it's cracked up to be. Last night I read a comment from a LFC fan on Bleacherreport valuing Suarez at £100. I never LOOOL'd so hard in my life.

That on top of his horrible rep makes him a no-go for any decent football club. Overrated talent IMO. There was rumour of RM making a move but that's outrageous, Higuain is a better striker and Benzema a better SS.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker? Empty Re: Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker?

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:28 pm

World Class Forwad.....definitely not a World Class striker.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:19 am

Tomasso wrote:Judging from his Liverpool career thus far, I'd be inclined to give a resounding "no". His goal-scoring record is astoundingly bad for a striker with his reputation. This just goes to show how hit-or-miss the Eredivisie is when it comes to strikers posting high goal totals. You can get a Ronaldo.... or you can get a Suarez. Sure he has other contributions, but Liverpool is still in terrible form. The poor guy looked out of his depth against Cardiff City. I would rather have Torres as a support striker, knowing full-well that Torres will provide me with sharp link-up play and attacking movement even if it is a 99% guarantee that he won't score. Torres > Suarez in the SS role. In addition to lacking the most basic skill a striker should possess, he is lacking a good moral character that is damaging Liverpool's image.

Thoughts?

He has been world class for Uruguay , I know it doesn't prove anything but , he is top goal scorer in world cup qualifying south America , and Uruguay is in the same group that Argentina is , and he had rather a good performance in world cup as well . That makes me think may be the problem is in Liverpool , I personally believe that he can be the best as a Trequartista , he is not good as a lone striker or a winger in the 4 5 1 winger position (makes him too far from the goal) , Liverpool normally plays defencive 4-5-1 , and Torres is a central forward , being there is basically what he is known for . Liverpool has issues , they are good with possession but they dont have a game plan or any strategy , typical British football but they dont have winger for it nor header (lol)

Last edited by Epicology on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:24 am

No I do not

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:31 am

He's definitely world-class. Most of the time he plays as a lone striker, which is not his prefered position and still is Liverpool's most dangerous player. Got that rape instinct.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:39 am

samourai defined it perfectly for me

he can do everything that a forward does, dribble lay off ,create , has good vision, pace , isnt a weakling

if he had higuain level of finishing he would be the best in the world imo

not quite world class as a striker
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:22 am

Not even close tbh
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:30 am

jibers wrote:Not even close tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:35 am

What an absolute fail of a thread :facepalm:

If some of you watched Suarez you would know he ISN'T EVEN A STRIKER.

For Liverpool he is given the free role to create chances, playmake and take on defenders while our strikers like Kuyt and Carroll are responsible more for the goals.

I don't even have to count how his 8 match layoff has effected his psych severely along with the fact our our frontline tactics are too sub standard for anyone to consistently score. Yet, that isn't his role.

How about Internationals, whereas at his age of 24-25 he is miles ahead of Messi and CR for his country and even was the best player for them winning the copa america.

Dear god why do I even deal with this Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:29 pm

He is not world class Arq, top player, but he is not world class, no shame in that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomasso Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Arquitecto wrote:What an absolute fail of a thread :facepalm:

If some of you watched Suarez you would know he ISN'T EVEN A STRIKER.

For Liverpool he is given the free role to create chances, playmake and take on defenders while our strikers like Kuyt and Carroll are responsible more for the goals.

I don't even have to count how his 8 match layoff has effected his psych severely along with the fact our our frontline tactics are too sub standard for anyone to consistently score. Yet, that isn't his role.

How about Internationals, whereas at his age of 24-25 he is miles ahead of Messi and CR for his country and even was the best player for them winning the copa america.

Dear god why do I even deal with this Laughing

You seem really sensitive about this issue. Suarez IS a striker, whether or not you want to believe it or not. He's in the mold of a SS. Carroll and Kuyt responsible for goals? LOL. You are telling me Suarez was brought in to be a playmaker attacking mid? You're kidding yourself. Suarez was brought in to score goals and he has failed massively, hence the role change.
Tomasso
Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:41 pm

He is a world class player.

He is not a world class striker though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Schweini wrote:He is a world class player.

Only Lpool fans and Uruguayans think Suarez is World class. International performance means nothing. If it did we'd be talking about Milan Baros in a similar breath to Alan Shearer lol.

Suarez IS a striker, an SS to be more specific. SS scores and creates.

A few players with more goals than Suarez: Odemwingie, Ivan Klasnic, Steve Fletcher, Heidur Helguson.

A few forwards/AM's with more assists - John Walters, Gabriel Agbonlahore, Andy Johnson, Wes Hoolahan. Adebayor has precise 4 the amount of assists as Suarez.

Liverpool fans brought Suarez in to score goals, lots of goals. He failed miserably at that. So then they pointed to his creativity and allegedly not being at true striker as an excuse to hide behind, they said he is there to create. He has failed even more miserably at that.

Truth is, Suarez is a flop in the EPL and is not even remotely World Class.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:55 pm

I agree that Suarez has failed to live up to his scoring reputation, but as far as creating goes he has been great. You cant put it all down to the number of assists. As far as getting Liverpool's offense to work, connecting the dots and making something happen he has been great.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:

Only Lpool fans and Uruguayans think Suarez is World class. International performance means nothing. If it did we'd be talking about Milan Baros in a similar breath to Alan Shearer lol.

A few players with more goals than Suarez: Odemwingie, Ivan Klasnic, Steve Fletcher, Heidur Helguson.

A few forwards/AM's with more assists - John Walters, Gabriel Agbonlahore, Andy Johnson, Wes Hoolahan. Adebayor has precise 4 the amount of assists as Suarez.

Liverpool fans brought Suarez in to score goals, lots of goals. He failed miserably at that. So then they pointed to his creativity and allegedly not being at true striker as an excuse to hide behind, they said he is there to create. He has failed even more miserably at that.

Suarez was bought to play alongside Judas. Same way he linked up brilliantly with KJH in Ajax. Then Judas left and the whole plan went tits up.

Suarez flop ? Fak,, I've heard it all now. He has 13 goals and 10 assists in all comps despite missing 10 games because of suspension. Give me more flops like that please.

Also in touching distance of being Uruguay's top scorer of all time at age of 25.

We, as a whole are inept in attacking department because of some mistakes made in transfer market. Hopefully we'll rectify them in summer, and we'll see how Suarez does when he is surroundered by intelligent footballers as opposed to static ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Not world class because he's lacking finishing, but he's an awesome creative mind.

He's also nutmeg king which sums a few points.

Class, but not world class.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

Suarez was bought to play alongside Judas. Same way he linked up brilliantly with KJH in Ajax. Then Judas left and the whole plan went tits up.

Suarez flop ? Fak,, I've heard it all now. He has 13 goals and 10 assists in all comps despite missing 10 games because of suspension. Give me more flops like that please.

Also in touching distance of being Uruguay's top scorer of all time at age of 25.

We, as a whole are inept in attacking department because of some mistakes made in transfer market. Hopefully we'll rectify them in summer, and we'll see how Suarez does when he is surroundered by intelligent footballers as opposed to static ones.

Lol, don't sugar coat things. He has that total in 40+ games, that's fine, apart from the fact he scored a lot of them in the Mickey Mouse cup against some Mickey Mouse opposition from the lower tiers. Looking at THIS season, several players playing in mediocre teams like Bolton, Norwich and Blackburn are WAY out infront of Suarez in assists and goals, and their attacking units are nout special on the best of days. This season he has flopped. His 3 league assists and 7 goals don't even begin to justify his terrible conduct, the racism AND the Fulham incident. International goalscorer? Milan Baros has a pretty good scoring touch on international duty too.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:54 pm

This is the problem with "world class".

People would without much thought call say, Sagna a "world class rightback" and they wouldnt be wrong either.

But, he isnt a "better player" nor does he have more impact for his team than Luis Suarez.

Anyway, I think he is a fantastic forward and as a Barca fan, if we had room for forward I would take him. I dont think im alone in that either.

I reckon he would score more goals for us too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

Lol, don't sugar coat things. He has that total in 40+ games, that's fine, apart from the fact he scored a lot of them in the Mickey Mouse cup against some Mickey Mouse opposition from the lower tiers. Looking at THIS season, several players playing in mediocre teams like Bolton, Norwich and Blackburn are WAY out infront of Suarez in assists and goals, and their attacking units are nout special on the best of days. This season he has flopped. His 3 league assists and 7 goals don't even begin to justify his terrible conduct, the racism AND the Fulham incident. International goalscorer? Milan Baros has a pretty good scoring touch on international duty too.

How the fak does the Evra incident and Fulham get into this ?

And Suarez has 3 league assists? where the hell do you get this crap from

He's won 5 penalties alone as I can remember from top of my head.

O yea, WE REALLY DID BEAT MICKEY MOUSE OPPOSITE TO WIN CARLING CUP.

STOKE AWAY, CHELSEA AWAY, AND MAN CITY OVER 2 LEGS ....WHAT A FAKING MICKEY MOUSE. That has been harder than RM's route in CL so far ffs.

Exactly why I hate RM fans in this forum (with exception of a few). Bunch of sky washed, dumb, pass whatever you head gobshites who are still bitter over getting bummed in and out 3 years ago under Sir Rafael Benitez.

Go watch Sky and read the Sun, where they tell you Roy Hodgson is a better manager than Rafa Benitez

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:01 pm

The Franchise wrote:This is the problem with "world class".

People would without much thought call say, Sagna a "world class rightback" and they wouldnt be wrong either.

But, he isnt a "better player" nor does he have more impact for his team than Luis Suarez.

Anyway, I think he is a fantastic forward and as a Barca fan, if we had room for forward I would take him. I dont think im alone in that either.

I reckon he would score more goals for us too.

Well I think it helps to consider a player world class or otherwise based on his position. For example Iniesta is a World Class creative midfielder. If you put him in Centre-back, he probably isn't World class lol. When considering who is and isn't World class you always have to consider their ability at their actual position I think.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

Basically he is a flop because he is playing in Liverpool and not in Real Madrid , International performance means nothing because England is not doing well there , test : can you show me a second striker in 4-1-4-1 formation because i dont see any , how you didn't know these facts?
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

How the fak does the Evra incident and Fulham get into this ?

And Suarez has 3 league assists? where the hell do you get this crap from

He's won 5 penalties alone as I can remember from top of my head.

O yea, WE REALLY DID BEAT MICKEY MOUSE OPPOSITE TO WIN CARLING CUP.

STOKE AWAY, CHELSEA AWAY, AND MAN CITY OVER 2 LEGS ....WHAT A FAKING MICKEY MOUSE. That has been harder than RM's route in CL so far ffs.

Exactly why I hate RM fans in this forum (with exception of a few). Bunch of sky washed, dumb, pass whatever you head gobshites who are still bitter over getting bummed in and out 3 years ago under Sir Rafael Benitez.

Go watch Sky and read the Sun, where they tell you Roy Hodgson is a better manager than Rafa Benitez

soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/125088/luis-su%C3%A1rez?cc=5739 < Luis Suarez stats. Every other site I double checked on says the same.

Fulham and Evra? Well, if a player is going to have a bad image and a bad disciplinary record, he needs to back it up with bloody good football, and Suarez hasn't. That's where it gets into this.

RM's route to the CL Final? Bayern are a superior team with extra motivated. CSKA are better than Stoke. It isn't harder. What about the FA Cup and your games with Brighton ect? Mickey Mouse. Chelsea? Yea, you sure showed AVB's second string whose boss. Remember that Suarez didn't play against City or Chelsea in that Cup.

Since when does the team you support correlate to the way you see things? Nonsense talk. Do you have to be a Real Madrid fan to realise that Suarez has proved himself not worth it and overrated? He is nowhere near as good as someone like Benzema right now lol. Not even remotely World Class.

Bitter over Benitez' win over Madrid? Why? Rafa Benitez is a Real Madrid man with something like 150 apps for Castilla. Madrid like Rafa. Nothing like a bit of ignorance to spark up a forum haha.

I never read The Sun newspaper and I doubt that it is a regular source of inspiration and information for Madridistas LOL.

Why do you care so much about Suarez? He left your club and hasn't looked back, you don't see me getting sensitive over what Robinho or Van Der Vaart do with their lives. That might change when Liverpool fork him out for a cut-price after a few more years of flopping.

Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:23 pm

I honestly cannot tell if this Travis guy is trolling or not.

Few times in a month I see posts riddled with so many contradictions, ignorance and such poor reasoning or ignorance.

I really can't tell.

If not, than I'll handle this tomorrow.

What a joke
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomasso Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I honestly cannot tell if this Travis guy is trolling or not.

Few times in a month I see posts riddled with so many contradictions, ignorance and such poor reasoning or ignorance.

I really can't tell.

If not, than I'll handle this tomorrow.

What a joke

Travis is trolling? LMAO. He's expressing his opinion giving details of why he doesn't think Suarez is world-class and you are just sitting there trying to discredit him (poorly I might add), while offering no explanation as to why you disagree. You really aren't helping your case of convincing world football that Suarez is world-class.
Tomasso
Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next