Speedtest.net

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by Myesyats on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Yeah its plenty fast. Couldve gone for up to 900mb but I figure who even needs that much? Maybe next time when I'll be extending the contract hmm

You've upgraded since last time too, I see

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 13070
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by Thimmy on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:31 pm

Yeah, my internet provider called me and said I could get almost double the speed for a small added fee. Seemed like a no brainer, to me Smile It’s a bit redundant at this point, though. I don’t download movies and music anymore, so the difference isn’t very noticeable.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10784
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by Myesyats on Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:03 pm

I do a lot actually, theres plenty of great movies and shows that arent available on Netflix.

got the 300mbs upgrade for the same amount of money I've been always paying so not really a shock there.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 13070
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:54 pm

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Captur10

not bad today .... Very Happy
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by Myesyats on Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:32 am

Nice, impressive, where u live bro?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 13070
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by rincon on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:11 am

@JespSwe wrote:Speedtest.net - Page 5 Captur10

not bad today .... Very Happy

A solid 28 times faster than mine Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14618
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:09 pm

@Myesyats wrote:Nice, impressive, where u live bro?

i am currently living in tokyo. but neighboring cities, or nationwide we pretty much have fiber service now.

broadband is rapidly being outphased hence it is actually much expensive / and ofcourse slower than fiber optics.

for example, when i applied for service, they check your zip code to see if they have fiber run and brought all the way to the area you are living, if that is good then they will do the rest.

or other things they also verify with you is that say, you are living in apartment building and that same apartment building has people with same provider, then your service fee is cheaper.

Only thing is that they need to run fiber all the way from lets say some sort of patch panel, to your home, or apartment in which since I was living in apartment I had to get permit from apartment agency or (kanri). Reservation plus maintenance, depending on seasons vary and could take upto 3 weeks, and you have it.

atm i have 2G service but my laptop LAN can only support to 100mpbs, so I used the USB hub with 1G port instead to get better network throughput. If i had 10G LAN card i can imagine i can get upto 1.2 - 1.5 gb performance...

plus this is without VPN and depending on server I chose to test hence the latency wasn't bad. this is a good performance I got infact lol


Last edited by JespSwe on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:12 pm

@rincon wrote:
@JespSwe wrote:Speedtest.net - Page 5 Captur10

not bad today .... Very Happy

A solid 28 times faster than mine Laughing


rincon you live in italy?
thing i am really shocked is that how come europe widely doesn't have fibers.

here in APAC, or not just japan, but korea, hk, singapore, taiwan has 1G service. In fact in my area, 10g service is easily available too.

atm, by july, 2020 mobile providers will also start providing 5G service which is 200 times faster than 4G which for 2GB worth of movie clip can be downloaded in like 20 sec. is what i heard... lol

im curious how much fast EU service is. I heard that latvia or lithuania has the fastest internet in the world like long time ago...
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by Thimmy on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:49 pm

Fiber is very common in Norway, Sweden, and probably Denmark as well. Most people who live in big cities here have fiber. Like you say, brodband is not only slower, but more expensive as well. I know a few people who still use broadband, but they live in areas where it’s not available for whatever reason.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10784
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:20 am

@Thimmy wrote:Fiber is very common in Norway, Sweden, and probably Denmark as well. Most people who live in big cities here have fiber. Like you say, brodband is not only slower, but more expensive as well. I know a few people who still use broadband, but they live in areas where it’s not available for whatever reason.


thats good to know ! ^O^V
i was imagining few scandanavian countries having so. in cities areas with more demands and towns closer to each other i guess it would make much more sense for ISP providers to bring fibers all the way around neighboring areas.

yea in rural areas the broadband still exist in japan but, long time ago when i was using broadband as well, 40mbps service, the ISP provider keep calling me once in a while saying if I was interested in switching to fiber because it is cheaper and much faster. i was being lazy to switch because of all those stuffs above plus i wouldnt be at home if they wanted to do maintenance lol
can u believe i was paying like close to double with less speed with broadband for 2 years... sigh... i was so stupid

i can imagine that in urban areas the fiber is already brought to your nearest town by ISP providers due to demands, so everyone is using it and it makes much more sense.

but in rural areas there are less people (in japan aging populations too) and if they are not using it is difficult for ISP because it is hella expensive to pull fibers all the way and not many people to use it. so i guess BB make sense .. i dont know if that can be a reason in Norway too but I could imagine something like that.
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by Thimmy on Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:01 am

Yeah, that is exactly the reason. Off the top of my head, the people I know who don’t have fiber, live in low populated, rural areas or in apartment buildings where most people are elderly. My cousin really wanted fiber, but he lives in a building that was originally designed to be part of a luxury apartment complex for elderly people who can afford it, and his neighbours opted against having it Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10784
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:05 am

Clearly I have a huge difference between my download and upload speed:
Speedtest.net - Page 5 St10
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5468
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by rincon on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:12 am

@JespSwe wrote:
@rincon wrote:
@JespSwe wrote:Speedtest.net - Page 5 Captur10

not bad today .... Very Happy

A solid 28 times faster than mine Laughing


rincon you live in italy?
thing i am really shocked is that how come europe widely doesn't have fibers.

here in APAC, or not just japan, but korea, hk, singapore, taiwan has 1G service. In fact in my area, 10g service is easily available too.
Belgium. But it's not better in Italy. There is fiber in some places and other more expensive options, but I'd say my internet is in the most common range here since most don't want to pay too much more for it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14618
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by Myesyats on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:37 pm

@JespSwe wrote:

rincon you live in italy?
thing i am really shocked is that how come europe widely doesn't have fibers.

I feel like generally there is fiber in most places, obviously not everywhere since there are many remote areas in the countryside where it hasn't been installed yet.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 13070
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:03 pm

@rincon wrote:
@JespSwe wrote:
@rincon wrote:

A solid 28 times faster than mine Laughing


rincon you live in italy?
thing i am really shocked is that how come europe widely doesn't have fibers.

here in APAC, or not just japan, but korea, hk, singapore, taiwan has 1G service. In fact in my area, 10g service is easily available too.
Belgium. But it's not better in Italy. There is fiber in some places and other more expensive options, but I'd say my internet is in the most common range here since most don't want to pay too much more for it.

oh i see ! nice ! yea i would imagine that Belgium has cities close to each other with highly populated areas hence on demands for internet services. ah i see, i guess you have bit of both offered in your area fiber and BB. i agree though, if there aren't users it naturally become expensive.

like in small apartment i live, people do use internet but they are different fiber optic provider hence i pay full fee (which is still reasonable), whereas friend of mine who lives in this luxury apartment where he and pretty much everyone has same iSP providers he pay like pocket money fee every month.

so i can imagine going back to what you say, that if people chooses fibers even though if it is expensive now, and more and more people comes in, their fee is going to drop but there has to be a demand for it.

For that matter i do admire our ISPs not making insanely expensive from start, they do all kind of PRs and have many advising service in electronic stores. like for example, 10G started rolling out in homes like 2 years ago and they didnt make this too expensive. or even when 2G came out, it is faster anyway and more support than BB.

like we have 6-7 ISP providers who all mostly offers fiber service 100mpbs at min. top ISP provides 10Gs..
also the e-commerce sites like rakuten for that matter has joined the club, and i wouldn't be surprised if amazon JPN joins the club


Last edited by JespSwe on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:14 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@JespSwe wrote:

rincon you live in italy?
thing i am really shocked is that how come europe widely doesn't have fibers.

I feel like generally there is fiber in most places, obviously not everywhere since there are many remote areas in the countryside where it hasn't been installed yet.


i cant tell if that is same for every country but Japan is urbanized, city is technologically very modern, telecommunication is key to everyday life here, plus japan from the tech point of view rolls out upgrades insanely faster. and since cities are close to each other or town to town, obviously they need to get permits, most people like convenience and for that matter internet too.

like for the sake of convenience, at times in tokyo changes are so f.. kin rapid that i even scratch my head.

but i can imagine big countries like US, Canada, Australia, etc. will have insanely difficult tasks for ISPs.. first they need users demands not just few but big population, then they have to go through probably hosts of logistical, engineering nightmares, not to mention getting permits from top of the food chain peoples in each cities for that matter.
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:15 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Clearly I have a huge difference between my download and upload speed:
Speedtest.net - Page 5 St10


i wonder when you subscribed, the terms were already laid out for what you get down vs uploads... ?

JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:27 pm

@Thimmy wrote:Yeah, that is exactly the reason. Off the top of my head, the people I know who don’t have fiber, live in low populated, rural areas or in apartment buildings where most people are elderly. My cousin really wanted fiber, but he lives in a building that was originally designed to be part of a luxury apartment complex for elderly people who can afford it, and his neighbours opted against having it Laughing


nice!
thats true, if u are the only lone user, you end up chipping a lot from your pocket. but in japan we already have min. fee which is reasonable or matter of fact, ISP offers like bundle service (mobile service, TV services, fibers, for family users) or you could have many people with same ISP in apartment or you can have just only internet fiber service for yourself at home but still on reasonable fee (as long as fiber is already pulled in your area based on zip code checks)
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by RealGunner on Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:00 am

Meanwhile in England people are struggling to get 2mbps in some places lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 86928
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:02 am

@RealGunner wrote:Meanwhile in England people are struggling to get 2mbps in some places lol


and expensive too lol everything is very expensive in England ...
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by Thimmy on Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:45 pm

@JespSwe wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:Yeah, that is exactly the reason. Off the top of my head, the people I know who don’t have fiber, live in low populated, rural areas or in apartment buildings where most people are elderly. My cousin really wanted fiber, but he lives in a building that was originally designed to be part of a luxury apartment complex for elderly people who can afford it, and his neighbours opted against having it Laughing


nice!
thats true, if u are the only lone user, you end up chipping a lot from your pocket. but in japan we already have min. fee which is reasonable or matter of fact, ISP offers like bundle service (mobile service, TV services, fibers, for family users) or you could have many people with same ISP in apartment or you can have just only internet fiber service for yourself at home but still on reasonable fee (as long as fiber is already pulled in your area based on zip code checks)


We have the minimum fee here as well, but they’re not going to dig and install all of those cables if only 5-10 out of 200-300 people are interested in fiber optic internet Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10784
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:03 pm

@JespSwe wrote:
@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Clearly I have a huge difference between my download and upload speed:
Speedtest.net - Page 5 St10


i wonder when you subscribed, the terms were already laid out for what you get down vs uploads... ?


No, I'm pretty sure nothing of the sort was mentioned. I should contact them for an explanation because it doesn't make sense to have the upload speed significantly lower than download.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5468
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:28 am

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:
@JespSwe wrote:
@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Clearly I have a huge difference between my download and upload speed:
Speedtest.net - Page 5 St10


i wonder when you subscribed, the terms were already laid out for what you get down vs uploads... ?


No, I'm pretty sure nothing of the sort was mentioned. I should contact them for an explanation because it doesn't make sense to have the upload speed significantly lower than download.


true, you can check with iSP, see if u have any router settings that has some settings causing this or some network based software.



JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by JespSwe on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:30 am

@Thimmy wrote:
@JespSwe wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:Yeah, that is exactly the reason. Off the top of my head, the people I know who don’t have fiber, live in low populated, rural areas or in apartment buildings where most people are elderly. My cousin really wanted fiber, but he lives in a building that was originally designed to be part of a luxury apartment complex for elderly people who can afford it, and his neighbours opted against having it Laughing


nice!
thats true, if u are the only lone user, you end up chipping a lot from your pocket. but in japan we already have min. fee which is reasonable or matter of fact, ISP offers like bundle service (mobile service, TV  services, fibers, for family users) or you could have many people with same ISP in apartment  or you can have just only internet fiber service for yourself at home but still on reasonable fee (as long as fiber is already pulled in your area based on zip code checks)


We have the minimum fee here as well, but they’re not going to dig and install all of those cables if only 5-10 out of 200-300 people are interested in fiber optic internet Razz

hahaha yea for ISP's they will then have pay more than what they will make out of those people.
i guess also permission thing in the town, if it is to be brought for the first time, i dont know this part how they do it but i did hear in news that they will have to do hecka lot of maintenance underground to pull fibers.
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Speedtest.net - Page 5 Empty Re: Speedtest.net

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum