This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Sunderland game post one

3 posters

Go down

Sunderland game post one Empty Sunderland game post one

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Charlie Adam

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

5 points in the league from the last 8 games
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Absolutely woeful. MUST PLAY YOUNG PLAYERS FOR REST OF THE SEASON INSTEAD OF ALEHOUSES LIKE FATTY CHADAM.

AND GO FOR FA FACKING CUP

Back to top Go down

Sunderland game post one Empty Re: Sunderland game post one

Post by donttreadonred Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:38 pm

[This is an unapologetic knee-jerk reaction to today's performance. Yet there are deeper lying concerns hidden within my point.]

I’m so sick of being unable to score, it’s not even funny. It’s days like this that get me questioning what can be done to improve the squad. I believe we can all agree that the season as a whole has been at least somewhat disappointing. The final verdict is (technically) still out, but our league form of late has been abysmal. Today’s performance against Sunderland was not only disappointing in the result, but utterly dismal to watch. We did nothing going forward! We were obviously trying to rely on Bellamy and Kuyt’s form to produce something. Unfortunately, Bellamy’s strong run seems to have hit a bit of a wall, and Kuyt’s mini resurgence apparently does not extend to league games. Adam was again a liability with possession. [The commentators for the feed I was watching openly criticized his decision making process several times. To tell the truth, I would’ve been far harsher on him. He was incredibly creative in the ways he gave the ball away today: wild shots, wild passes, wild challenges (I’m beginning to see a trend…)] Spearing and Hendo were rather unimpressive. Coates may have been one of the better “experiments” in the side. He could hardly be blamed for the lone moment of Sunderland brilliance (or luck). Although he had a few minor unsettling moments, he was rather solid overall.

The point of all this is to try to ascertain what direction the club plans on going after this season. Today’s performance only highlights the problems that we have seen all season. We have several quality players entering their twilight years (Gerrard, Kuyt, Bellamy and Carra, who many believe to be past it already); a plethora of underperforming younger players (Downing, Adam, Carroll and Hendo to an extent); a fairly solid defense, including a DM (Reina, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson/Kelly, and Lucas); and a wonderful creative forward who we cannot seem to play in a position that suits his strengths (Suarez… obviously). There is certainly the hope that some of the younger players will be able to settle and regain their form, but if they can’t do that after a year of regular starts for the club, then when will they? Additionally, £57 million pounds later we still seem to be searching for a strike force that can consistently produce goals. Don’t’ misunderstand, I’m not trying to use Carroll’s price tag against him (the lad was never worth £35 million, it was merely the means necessary to acquire a replacement for Torres). The problem is that we’ve already spent a considerable amount on the position, we have yet to find a consistent scorer, and if things persist we’ll be forced to dip into the market again. Moreover, we refuse to give consistent opportunities to one of the club’s largest investments. If we (as a club) are going to continue to believe in him and defend him against the media, we have to give him the opportunity to continue his improvement. (I’m speaking of Carroll, obviously.) If we can’t do this, then there is no option. We need to buy another striker.

The last few windows were supposed to set the foundation for future success, if not boost the club to the level of challenging for CL places immediately. Right now, it looks as if we may need to reevaluate, and potentially replace, some of those signing which were supposed to be the foundation of the club for several years to come. I suppose this is what disturbs me the most. Though we have, at times, produced very entertaining, free-flowing football, we seem to be utterly incapable of maintaining that standard for any prolonged period of time. That is to say that we are consistently inconsistent.

I know this is very much a knee-jerk reaction to a very underwhelming loss at a key point in the season, but I just can’t get past the negativity which seems to have been uncovered by the last-minute defeat to Arsenal. Admittedly, we have been unlucky in many aspects this season, but the consistent nature of our inconsistency belies that there is far more than luck behind our disappointments. That we seem to be yet several pieces away is all the more disheartening. Couple that with the assumption that our draw (especially outside of England) is diminishing with each year we spend away from European competition, and you can understand why this predicament is very disconcerting.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:14 pm

I don't even feel disappointed. I was expecting us to lose or draw. In my eyes we got officially cut out of CL contention with last weeks loss to Arsenal. This was somewhat of a friendly game in my eyes which i hoped we can at least play well in. I'm glad Coates got game time over Carra. He was clearly nervous but the game should do his confidence wonders. Suarez played well but he just didnt get enough of the ball. Skrtel was his usual self. When Gerrard came on, we actually started putting passes together in succession. Everyone else was poor. Adam can GTFO of Liverpool for all I care, I actually hate his guts now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:17 am

I'm with you on most of that DTTR.

Obviously a slight knee-jerk reaction, but man I'm disliking Kenny as a manager at the moment. (Note: This is not a call for him to be replaced) His decisions for a number of the games this season has baffled me amongst a number of other fans.

I'd go crazy trying to count the number of times Rafa and Roy were criticized for playing players out of position. (Benayoun, Meireles, Babel, etc.) But somehow no one seems to be getting on Kenny's back for this constant placement of Henderson out wide. Jordan is a half-decent player who plays decently through the center and it just baffles me as to how the management come to the conclusion in training and match days to play him out wide. All of us with our very limited knowledge of the game can clearly see it doesn't work and yet Kenny plays him there.

The late substitutions is another one. Rafa was known to make his subs between the 60-65th minute of a game unless forced to through injury, etc. Kenny is known for his subs coming in past the 70th minute in general. I draw a complete blank when I try to understand this.

I know Art is keen on a summer with little spending and is probably in the minority in that respect. I think today's game has made me realize just how bad and average our signings have been. From day 1 and well before that to be honest, I've said we didn't need Charlie Adam. To be honest, I can't blame him for much. I was aware of what we were going to get from him. But too many LFC fans seemed to think he was going to be an Alonso replacement, in my opinion. He is just not LFC quality. I don't think anyone can argue that point. His brilliant set-piece delivery, lol. Just nothing to say about it.

A top 4 finish is out of the question in my opinion. I'm sure a few will still remain optimistic and I applaud you for that, but today's performance dealt me a good blow of reality regarding the club as a whole, from player to manager.

At the beginning of the season I would've been happy with silverware of any sort. However, even that performance wasn't great and we barely won it. With that said, we did win it and hopefully next season we can make some better signings and regain our CL spot.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down