Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

+3
Kick
RealGunner
Blue Barrett
7 posters

Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 am

So in the end, the team put together a spirited performance, something we've lacked the whole season. A couple of positives:

David Luiz wass fantastic
Mata his usual self
Cahill disciplined
Meireles fluid(after such a long while)
Ramires made amazing runs on & off the ball
Kalou should get more playing time. He brought something that many players have not brought this season: running at your marker
Torres very unselfish and drew back to get the ball quite a lot. Bad miss but could have had an assist
Cech made some great saves in the first half
Bertrand pretty comfortable as usual. He should play against Stoke on Saturday and NOT Cole.
Ivanovic is the best RB we have. He's better as a RB than as a CB. Made the most crosses of any Chelsea player on the pitch.
Lampard and Essien just came on and disrupted the fluid midfield. They put a halt to the fluid flow of attack.

Mikel is the MOM for me. I have been one of his most outspoken critics but he hardly put a foot wrong tonight! Played absolutely fantastic! Stopped the runs of the Birmingham players a lot.

Your thoughts?

C'MON CHELSEA!!!! cheers
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:12 am

what was the formation and tactics if u dont mind answering ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89385
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Kick Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:19 am

Formation was 4-3-3

I didn't watch the game but from what I heard it was good.

Do you guys think we can win the FA cup? We have an easy quarter final so we should get to the Semi's and then a few good matches and we can win it. It should be our main goal.

Either way I am happy.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Abramovich Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:19 am

Luiz was playing like a proper CB today lol awesome performance

Raul played good, maybe cos his hair wasn't gelled?

Ramires owned that LB who actually wasn't a LB but fair enough.

Kalou as you said gave a new dimension dribbling at the defenders which opens space and he passed it quite well too.

Torres was meh shitty miss, won the penalty though .

Ryan was pretty good, should play more and more.

Lamps was pure dog shite, I've never been a HUGE fan of him regardless of his status and meh if only he was like Giggs and Scholes football personality wise cos we know what Giggs is like off the field!

Cahill was solid good partnership with Luiz forming I hope?

Mikel MOM? Sorry but am gonna really disagree, I think Luiz or Raul were. Mikel did well defensively but his distrubtion on the ball is pure shit, I mean he takes a touch looks around waits a bit then does a 5 yard backward or sideways pass every frikking time. I really don't get whats wrong with him, he doesn't have a clue at all.

Gonna say it again, always say it and its true hes just a piece of muscle that protects the defence.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Abramovich Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:21 am

No the formation wasn't a 433.

More a 4 2 3 1, Mata just behind Torres, Raul and Mikel was double pivot.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Kick Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:22 am

My bad.

Either way, it sounds good.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Abramovich Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:23 am

Roberto might be making a partnership out of Mata and Torres, every time Torres got the ball Mata went to try run in behind him etc they linked up pretty well.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by lszanto Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:36 am

Glad we got the win and off to a good start. Missed another penalty though Sad Luiz for penalties? :p

Didn't get to see the game but general thoughts seems to be we actually played well for the first time in a while.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:12 am

lszanto wrote:Glad we got the win and off to a good start. Missed another penalty though Sad Luiz for penalties? :p

Didn't get to see the game but general thoughts seems to be we actually played well for the first time in a while.

Spot on! First half performance was just a tad bit better than a previous couple of matches but the second half was absolutely fantastic! I was happy with the way they didn't just sit around waiting for the ball rather than making off-the-ball runs. very solid performance and good win.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:13 am

Abramovich wrote:Luiz was playing like a proper CB today lol awesome performance

Raul played good, maybe cos his hair wasn't gelled?

Ramires owned that LB who actually wasn't a LB but fair enough.

Kalou as you said gave a new dimension dribbling at the defenders which opens space and he passed it quite well too.

Torres was meh shitty miss, won the penalty though .

Ryan was pretty good, should play more and more.

Lamps was pure dog shite, I've never been a HUGE fan of him regardless of his status and meh if only he was like Giggs and Scholes football personality wise cos we know what Giggs is like off the field!

Cahill was solid good partnership with Luiz forming I hope?

Mikel MOM? Sorry but am gonna really disagree, I think Luiz or Raul were. Mikel did well defensively but his distrubtion on the ball is pure shit, I mean he takes a touch looks around waits a bit then does a 5 yard backward or sideways pass every frikking time. I really don't get whats wrong with him, he doesn't have a clue at all.

Gonna say it again, always say it and its true hes just a piece of muscle that protects the defence.
C'mon, now! Give Mikel some credit. He isn't too used to passing forward but at least he made some good passes to the wings this time around. banana

He actually protected the defence pretty well.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by lszanto Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:29 am

Only thing i'm unhappy with after hearing is that we didn't do this under AVB. They are the same players and it's a shame it took an event like what happened for us to play a bit better.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:37 am

lszanto wrote:Only thing i'm unhappy with after hearing is that we didn't do this under AVB. They are the same players and it's a shame it took an event like what happened for us to play a bit better.
And it had nothing to do with AVB?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by lszanto Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:40 am

Barrettinator wrote:
lszanto wrote:Only thing i'm unhappy with after hearing is that we didn't do this under AVB. They are the same players and it's a shame it took an event like what happened for us to play a bit better.
And it had nothing to do with AVB?

In my opinion no. It's not like half the team just suddenly became good. If they wern't giving their all under AVB then that's just unprofessional.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Abramovich Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:59 am

Barrettinator wrote:
C'mon, now! Give Mikel some credit. He isn't too used to passing forward but at least he made some good passes to the wings this time around. banana

He actually protected the defence pretty well.

Haha I guess am always too harsh on him, he did make some decent passes forward but thats to be expected from a PL standard CM. I think its because it is Mikel that people are so surprised in a good way :lol!:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Blue Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:03 am

:bow: Mikel, outside of Gil i am Mikel biggest fan on this forum. So +1 to the OP.

Good performance by everyone, can't complain about anyone performance.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2954
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Soul Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:31 am

Wow its been a long time since I've forgotten Chelsea were playing.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 2936
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Kick Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:39 am

Soul tsk tsk.

Too busy crying?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Soul Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Kick wrote:Soul tsk tsk.

Too busy crying?

infinity aint the only one lol
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 2936
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD Empty Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea POST GAME THREAD

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum