What should happen during the off season

+4
Le Samourai
LeVersacci
iNFINITY9910
Kick
8 posters

Go down

What should happen during the off season Empty What should happen during the off season

Post by Kick Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 am

Manager:
There are only two options here, leave Di Matteo in charge or hire a new guy, now my personal favourite is Guuusssss Pep, why?, firstly, he has managed to do what AVB couldn't, Integrate youth while winning. Secondly, he was heavly linked to leaving with his likely destenation being Inter. Now this isn't going to happen as AVB will go to inter now. And finaly, because we are going to get super awesome goal articles linking us to Messi such as "Chelsea boss ready to spend £200m on Messi to reunite him with Pep."

My other options would be Mourinho which IMO would just be a repeat of his first stint, JT to playermanager, Klopp or maybe even Zola.

Players:
Firstly, the players who should go, Hilario, Kalou, Bosingwa, benayoun, Malouda and Drogba.
This gives us a few spots to fill and also breaks apart the old guard, why Drogba you may ask? Sturridge should move to CF and he can only do that if Drogba leaves.

Players to join, lavezzi/Hazard/Goetze/Robben, Sahin/Benaga/Hernanes/Barca B midfielder*, Isla/montoya/other RB.
*depending on the manager. These all all areas where we need improvement.

Promote, De Bruyne, Bertrand/PVA, Walker/Taylor for backup GK, Piazon**
**do what Pep has done with Barca B players and play him in both reserves and first team.

Loan out, McEachran, Bertrand/PVA, Lukaku, Kakuta, Lalkovic, Kalas and Courtois.
The first three and last two to EPL clubs.

Formations:

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole*
Romeu Hernanes
Ramires Mata Hazard
Sturridge

Second team:
Turnbull
Montoya Cahill ferreira Bertrand*
Mikel Lampard
Essien Meireles De Buryne
Torres
With the likes of Piazon, Walker and one more incase of injuries. Personally, I don't think Cole deserves a starting spot anymore, I think given a year of being number 1 LB either PVA or Bertrand would be good enough to replace him.

The most important thing
Whoever the manager is, he should command respect and get it, he should also be able to make the players give 100% as that was AVB's biggest downfall. If they don't give 100% then he should have the balls to Drop said player. If the new manager cannot do this then it's going to be AVB all over again. Hopefully it is not.

Last edited by Kick on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

What should happen during the off season Empty Re: What should happen during the off season

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:28 am

Yeah getting the respect of the squad is one of the main things.... Mou sets the bar too high...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

What should happen during the off season Empty Re: What should happen during the off season

Post by Kick Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:54 am

Who would you guys perfer we buy, Hazard, Lavezzi, Robben, Goetze, A.Johnson or Lucas? And Sahin, Hernanes or Benaga? And Isla, Montoya or antoher RB?

For me it would probably be Hazard, Hernanes and Isla.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Sahin is an option? Rolling Eyes

Anyway you need to get rid most of your old players (Lampard, Drogba, Malouda etc)

and get a forward and a CM!
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Srna.............Cahill..........Luiz..........Cole
...........Essien/Mires...........Hernanes.....
Hazzarad...........................................Mata
....................Sturridge.............................
...................................Torres...................

This isn't realistic unless you somehow get 4th.If you don't Hazzard ain't coming
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:26 pm

IN

Cesar Apzil

Youngish technically gifted CM

Hazard

Higgy

OUT

Malouda

Boss

Drogba

Kalou

Benay
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Anti-DNA wrote:Sahin is an option? Rolling Eyes

Anyway you need to get rid most of your old players (Lampard, Drogba, Malouda etc)

and get a forward and a CM!

Sahin would play, not warm the bench, so yes. I believe he would choose Chelsea if asked.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:16 am

I'm sure Madrid would let him go Wink

Maybe try Modric again?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:45 am

Liverpool didn't want Torres to go...

Anyway, Hernanes is another option and So is Benaga. We just need one of them, I am leaning towards Hernanes as he is the oldest.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:50 am

i dont think Bangea is the type of player we need, i see him as more of a DM then a CM and imo he'll eat into romeus game time
I think A.Johnson would be agreat signing too, hopefuly we could get him and hazzard to replace maloud and kalou and play a Johnson-sturridge-hazzard front line (mata in the mids)

as for the midfeild like i said mata should be given a run in the middle with romeu at DM, this of course bring the dropping ramires issue to the fray, and although ive been a big fan of ramires from the minute we bought him, imo a midfeild of mata-romeu-modric would be lethal, so i dunno there....

as for the back, the most important thing is someone slaps luiz iver the head and reminds him hes a CB which means his first priority is to defend no to dribble the ball out of his own box
apart from that theres no doubt Bertrand and PVA need to get some game time in the fullback slots (can one of them play RB) as far as purchaces though i like the sound of Ansaldi from Rubin (kept messi in his pocket on a few occasions now) and also van der wiel from Ajax. If we're going to buy Isla (which id have no issues with) imo he needs to play on the wing, at RB his flair is wasted

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:14 am

Bangea is the same player as Sahin and Modric, pretty much similar players.

I don't care to speculate on who is coming in, more interested on who is leaving.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the drog Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:31 am

Manager:
For me, it will essentially come down to Mou, Pep....and everyone else, namely Low (apparently), Rafa (please no), Guus (just too old to be a LT solution IMO)

For the purpose of this, I’ll assume its Mou:
(1) I can’t see Pep happening, the one-year deal thing is a bit odd and it appears he may genuinely want time off, the man has won everything and deserves it if he wants it,
(2) it appears RM can win big this season and Mou wants to head back to England
(3) would the speculation of Mou’s return every die? (at least until he actually went to another Prem club),

I think the system (formation at least) under any manager will be a 4-2-3-1, primarily...we have Mata, we need to use him properly. More specifically (as is roughly depicted below), given that we have Ramires to play on the right but not in the pivot, maybe something more akin to what Brazil was using circa 2009-10 (i.e. the left-leaning 4-2-3-1/diamond hybrid), mainly because a large part of it was having highly energetic player who can run all day attacking and defending on the right side of the pitch…hello, Mr. Ramires, and congrats on the new deal, whether or not you become a WC player, you’re great to have in the squad

In the pivot, I’ll assume we have one more defensive CM and one more attacking CM…now it comes down to a more box-to-box CM or a more deep lying playmaker-type CM in the attacking role…essentially, do we run one more year with Lamps recklessly flying into the box or do we throw Josh in with the wolves and watch him dazzle us with oozes of technical ability and incisive passing from the center of the pitch (hopefully)

Either way, IMO, we should at least buy one new MF….this, as much as pains me to accept, is the result of your injury-driven demise, Mr. Essien, one of my favorite players in all of world football, but we can’t be left hanging if you go down again

I also think we need another RB, 2 wingers/attackers, and maybe another utility-type MF/DF, MF/FW, etc

(and now we aimlessly speculate for months over who we should buy)

What should happen during the off season AbCeWknack

GK: Cech / Turnbull, Hilario, Blackmon, etc…loan Curtious, enough said

RB: Ivan / New RB
Based on our potential financial limitations, and Ivan’s sufficient RB skills and general man-beast-ness, I say we save some money and buy a cheaper, younger RB who can deputize (but effectively) for a bit. Who is this player? Inkoom? How cheap would Azpil be? I have no idea, please enlighten me. Bosingwa is out for me.

CB: JT and David / Cahill and Ivan / Romeu?
Not much to say here, but does anyone else think Romeu to could provide some ST cover at CB in a pinch, just a thought, have at it

LB: Ashley / PVA or Bert
IMO, a freshly motivated Ashley is still good for a season or two, but the real decision comes to down to which of PVA or Bert is kept and ACTUALLY trusted to play some matches for us…who ever has insight on this paradigm, please share. IMO, I say Bert (at least for next year), he’s a bit older, has been around the first team for a bit (maybe not a good thing though), and has looked good in most chances he’s gotten. PVA also needs a proper full-season loan with one club in a decent league where he can settle in as the starter and get a full round of matches under his belt. We’ll need both when Ashley is past it, and maybe one could play RB

However, we could also decide which will be trusted to 100% replace Ashley and meaningfully loan them with an older LB/utility-type to provide ST cover (see below), and if necessary, slot in as the starter if the young pup isn’t ready after another season on loan (which won’t be promising for us)

D-CM: Romeu or new MF / Mikel or new MF or Romeu
I like Romeu, trust me, but the kid is a still just a kid, I know he’ll be a year older next year, but its not like he has been significantly progressing as a player this season (at least not lately; maybe this will change with RDM in charge, who knows). As for Mikel, another player that has shown his promise, but, overall, things have just not gone well for him at Chelsea, from the transfer to now the end of the bench, I think he should be sold while there is still some value in him

As for replacements, we all know Mou loves his veterans and former players, but regardless, what about Cambiasso for a year or two to start “big” matches and rotate with Romeu in the rest…not youth, but reasonable for me. I also think we could get him from Inter as they need to re-vamp their squad (even more so than us IMO), and with FFP looming, may need to sell some of their most effective players in some areas to replenish multiple other areas. Finally, the whole buy-back thing makes our handling of Romeu and this position a bit tricky. We play Romeu and he excels, Barca take him, we have nothing and need a new DMF. We fully rely on him with no legit back-up…if he doesn’t do well, we need a new DMF (maybe two given the rest of our MF). So, we buy a vet for a year or two to protect the squad from gross over-reliance on a single young player. I just like Cambiasso, please throw your options out there

* Before moving from LB and D-CM, another option could be a utlity-type player that could play at fullback and in the MF (ala Fabio C)…I’ve seen some Bayern matches where Luis Gustavo (24 yr old Brazilian), who use to play LB if my memory serves me right, has rotated between DMF and LB (pretty effectively), and with Bastian and the promising Alaba available in their pivot, Bayern could be tempted to sell (our Brazilians could also help do some convincing)…this is more of a general topic for discussion, rather than a specific player/transfer recommendation

A-CM: Lamps or Josh / Raul
Lets all be honest, if its Mou, then its Lamps, and in this case I’d like to see Josh loaned out again. Raul is great for this role and is a fine squad player as long he is NEVER played in a primarily defensive role.

RM: Ramires / Essien
Ramires’ energy is essential and Essien is a (fantastic) back-up.

CAM: Mata / Kakuta or new attacking player
Mata, he wears the number on his shirt for a reason. As for his back-up, either Kakuta continues to impress with Dijon and is brought back as our main attacker sub (see related discussion of LW below) or we buy we someone to replace him, in which case Kakuta is loaned again, and I fear never returns.

In terms of replacements for CAM/LW/attacker back-up, I think Willian is the best option should Kakuta be deemed insufficient or too young (which, sadly, is likely given our track record), he can play both, is young, and we should be able to get a reasonable price given Roman’s relationship with the Shaktar owner. I know some may argue he wouldn’t come knowing he may be a back-up/impact sub, but as our primary attacking sub he should get plenty of minutes, he’ll essentially replace both Malouda and Kalou (remember, the base formation is a tad defensive with Ramires at RM/RW, and if we need to attack, we could shift to a more traditional 4-2-3-1 with two attacking wingers – i.e. Willian and new LW)

LW: New LW / Willian
Here is where we really begin to speculate as (I and I think most believe) a new LW should be our #1 transfer priority this summer. For options, there are many with Hazard, Lavezzi, Lucas Moura and Goetze as those most mentioned by the media and fans. Hazard’s price will likely be driven unreasonably high, Lucas could very well be headed to Inter and Goetze seems to be settled at Dortmund, leaving us with Lavezzi, who in is late 20s could represent the best option in terms of ST fix while still leaving room for LT youth integration (Kakuta, De Bruyne, Piazon) in the coming years. He should also be able to seamlessly integrate into this role as it is essentially what he plays for Napoli (albeit in a different formation)

ST: Sturridge / Torres
Danny should start up front. Torres should not, but realistically probably won’t leave…yet. I’m indifferent to Torres, on one hand I’m (as we all are) disappointed with how things have gone to date, but on the other Torres could re-discover his form, even if its just partially that leaves him as a very strong option coming off of the bench and starting some matches when Danny needs a rest. We loan Lukaku for next year, and bring him back to replace Torres the following year. At that point, we’ll either purge Torres because he’s a failure, or recoup some value if he has a decent season next year, he’ll be 30 or nearing it at that point anyways.

In/Out Summary:

Sell/Release/GTFO:
Drogba…its necessary for any other ST/CF to flourish (see my avatar)
Malouda
Kalou
Bosingwa
Yossi
Mikel
Paulo F

Loan-out:
De Bruyne
Lukaku
Piazon
Kakuta
Curtious
Bruma
Kenny O
Davilla
Kalas

Buy:
Young RB
Cambiasso
Willian
Lavezzi

2012-13 First XI (4-2-3-1):

Cech
Ivan – David – JT – Ashley
Cambiasso – Lamps
Ramires – Mata – Lavezzi
Sturridge

Bench: Torres, Willian, Essien/Raul, Romeu, Bert, Cahill, 2nd GK

Primary Reserves: Essien/Raul, New RB, Chalobah, Hutch, 3rd GK

2013-14 (4-2-3-1):

Cech
Ivan/New RB – David/Kalas – Cahill/JT – Ashley/Bert
Romeu – Josh
Ramires/Willian – Mata – Lavezzi/KdB or Kakuta
Sturridge/Lukaku

2014-15 (4-2-3-1):

Cech
New RB/Kenny O – David/Kalas – Cahill/Kalas – Bert/PVA
Romeu – Josh
Ramires/Willian – Mata – KdB or Kakuta/Lavezzi
Sturridge/Lukaku

the drog
the drog
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 am

Very interesting Drog, however, Romeu did a fantastic job thisvseason so I see Cambiasso as pointless when Mikel is happy with what he has. Play Romeu as the starter and Mikel as back up, firstly this leads to less of a change the season after and would also save us some money.

Some food for thought, Montilivo, a DLP, is going to leave Fiorentina on a Bosman free in the summer, could be a great pick up for a season or two untill Josh is ready and someone to rotate with lampard. Cheap, decent and would allow us to splash more money on Hazard. Wink

Or if we want to be really Cheap, get montilivo and Farfan on free transfers fixes our wing and mid problems for free.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down