Are our expectations of Essien too high?

4 posters

Go down

Are our expectations of Essien too high? Empty Are our expectations of Essien too high?

Post by Kick Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:19 pm

I don't know about you guys but every time he plays I am disapointed because he is not what he once was but given the choice of him or Mikel I would choose him almost everytime.

I would rather have Romeu playing but all in all, he has been doing a decent job. Are we too hard on him? I think so.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Are our expectations of Essien too high? Empty Re: Are our expectations of Essien too high?

Post by Abramovich Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:00 pm

After the Carlo second season I had no expectations of him doing great anymore.

Romeu doesn't have the offensive ability of Essien though, Essien isn't a bad player but he's nothing of his old self Sad
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Are our expectations of Essien too high? Empty Re: Are our expectations of Essien too high?

Post by fatman123 Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:13 am

although essien isnt close to what he once was i still think hes worth a spot in our XI, although i think whats restriciting him is that hes been used as a DM where as when he was at his best he played as our box-to-box mid (ramires now)
personally i wouldnt mind seeing AVB use as lampard-romeu-essien midfeild
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:47 am

Problem is that you Can't drop Ramires.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:13 am

Considering the fact that I didn't expect him to be all that, I have actually been surprised by his performances. He makes some very good passes to Sturridge and Mata and is always a threat from outside the box. Not bad, imo.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down