The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
free_cat
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

La Liga: Barça vs. Sporting - Page 3 Empty Re: La Liga: Barça vs. Sporting

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Maybe barca should stick cesc on the wing where the less talented players get to play? since cesc "the striker" failed, might as well try cesc "the winger", if that fails why not try cesc "the right back", or better yet try him in goal, playmaker goalkeeper? or maybe they shouldnt have wasted 30 million to just cause damage to their own team as well as arsenals. Stupid, should have just promoted thiago and let cesc continue to thrive and develop in england. Just another barca transfer mess to go along with eto'o/ibra embarrassment, barcelona must have thrown nearly a 100mil down the drain so far
The ironic thing is that the exact same sentiment has been echoed by many of our own posters...

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 pm

I remember saying that all the way back in lithium Razz

And as I recall, most said the same thing.

He's in the team now so we might as well make the most of it, and I think...maybe he'll find a good spot. He's been under-performing but at the same time he's had his role and is no where near flop status. He's still pretty young yet, we'll have to wait and see.

Still would prefer he's not here in the first place but...he is.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Im sure i read barcelona wanted to sign cesc as a PR move to please the fans????

edit: actually, i think i remember the barcelona president wanted to sign him badly to improve his legacy with the fans or something like that

not to mention all the barca players publically begging cesc to return. I wonder if they still would
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:14 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Maybe barca should stick cesc on the wing where the less talented players get to play? since cesc "the striker" failed, might as well try cesc "the winger", if that fails why not try cesc "the right back", or better yet try him in goal, playmaker goalkeeper? or maybe they shouldnt have wasted 30 million to just cause damage to their own team as well as arsenals. Stupid, should have just promoted thiago and let cesc continue to thrive and develop in england. Just another barca transfer mess to go along with eto'o/ibra embarrassment, barcelona must have thrown nearly a 100mil down the drain so far

Calling Fábregas a flop is an overstatement. The Ibra-Eto'o switch was definitely a failure, but signing Fábregas for 30 million is not money down the drain. He is the second top goalscorer and third in assists in Barcelona. I'd call Chelsea signing Torres or Madrid signing Şahin money down the drain.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:47 am

If he just sticked to playing in the midfield (doesn't have to be CM all the times) but not as a striker we can expect good performances by him.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:29 pm

danyjr wrote:Fábregas for me is more of a counterattacking, quick midfielder than Xavi's patient and possession play.

Xavi is good at bringing the ball from the back. His control and composure on the ball is second to none.

Fábregas is good at none of the above. He loses the ball too often and his ball control is not up to Barcelona standards. What he doesn't have though, he makes up for with other things. His eye for a through ball, his lobbed passes are inch perfect and he runs so much on the pitch, from making forward runs to general midfield movements.

I always thought both Özil and Fábregas would have gained more if they played for their rivals instead. The German's playstyle is fit for Barcelona's tiki-taka (as he stated before joining Madrid, his favourite club is in fact FC Barcelona) and Cesc's eye for a pass is a dream come true for Madrid's fast running forwards, and more importantly Mourinho's quick tactics.

Thats interesting.... who was it that wanted Ozil at Real anyway? Mourinho? If so, credit to him...probably wasnt that highly rated at Werder back then, compared with some of the other promising stars out there and his WC showing werent spectacular. Would like him at Barca though hes class atm Razz

And I find it really surprising so many dont like Cesc here....He may not be as good as in CM then Xavi Iniesta, but who is? Razz We can always rely on them anyway, and part of the reason was he could back their backup, and even successor, and I still believe he offers so much overall I think it was money well spent. And I wouldnt change it if given the choice again. Hes been great, just like Sanchez.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Ozil wasnt spetacular at the WC? What was you watching? The North Korean version?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:Ozil wasnt spetacular at the WC? What was you watching? The North Korean version?
Oezil was very good up until the Argentina match. He was kept in his pocket by Mascherano (until the entire team collapsed by the second goal, anway) and against Spain he wasn't much to talk about either. I forget how he did against Uruguay. So I'd say that as the matches became more important he became less influential.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Well yes, I agree with that, but clearly, his peformances in the group stage and against England showed what kind of talent he had and what he was capable of.

Shut down by Mascherano and the possession of Spain isnt much to be ashamed of really.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:41 am

Maybe I didnt know football enough, back still, maybe a bit like BC said, I werent especially impressed eco smile

Were the rest of the football world though having that much confidence in him though? I mean, his time at Real has really surprised me, I mean how well he has done there...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:55 pm

I said at the time we should sign him, so I dont know about the rest of the world, but it seemed obvious to me he was going to be great.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:I said at the time we should sign him, so I dont know about the rest of the world, but it seemed obvious to me he was going to be great.

Maybe not everyone knows the game as well as u do Dani, Im trying to improve now Razz But too bad for us that Real got him! No
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3