What were you doing during the Shoot out Thread.

+6
Art Morte
Blackmore.
mr-r34
poolsupporter
McAgger
Nishankly
10 posters

Go down

What were you doing during the Shoot out Thread. Empty What were you doing during the Shoot out Thread.

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Honestly, I thought it was over the moment Gerrard missed. Adam's penalty actually made me laugh.

I was sitting on my bed, Wearing a hoodie, Covering my face so that only my eyes were visible, i cud see the penalties, I didnt make even a 'oh' sound until it was over,When we won, i took off my hoodie and threw it at the TV. Didnt make any noise and rolled on the bed, first punched the bed about 6-7 times then punched a friend of mine, Who gave one back to me Sad

My friend had both this hands on his face in different positions for every penalty. Maybe that's why i punched him Very Happy

How did you guys go through that mental torture?

-----

Sepi :bow:

Last edited by Nishank on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

What were you doing during the Shoot out Thread. Empty Re: What were you doing during the Shoot out Thread.

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:32 pm

It was around 11 am here when the penalties took place. I had connected my laptop to the TV and was watching it on big screen eco smile I had my Liverpool Agger jersey on and was watching it with my little puppy. Right at the start when Gerrard missed i started hyperventilating lol. When Adam missed even my puppy barked in disapproval Smile . Had we lost Im pretty sure i would have passed out as i was shaking like crazy. When we won I was jumping up and down, my dog was barking, I think i woke up a lot of neighbors on a Sunday morning.

My whole day went great after that, what a beautiful day Sunday was.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

What were you doing during the Shoot out Thread. Empty Re: What were you doing during the Shoot out Thread.

Post by poolsupporter Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:43 am

I've been sick since last thrusday, and I'm still not better. I was shocked when Stevie missed. Just yelled some obscenities. When Adam missed I was speechless. I just sat there in my LFC hoodie and punched the pillow beside me real hard, haha.

Like Sepi's video, I feared when Glen walked up for the final one and just muttered a 'Yes' with a fist bump when he scored. When Anthony missed, it took a second to register that we had won it. I honestly thought I was going to cry, lol. No outbursts, just pure happiness. A feeling you cannot get from anything else.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:01 am

not suprised at the adam miss, after that thought it was overrrr
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 am

Beautiful thread.
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:39 am

When the shoot-out began, I was still feeling dumbfounded by our incredible incapability to win the game before penalties. When Cardiff made it 2 - 2 in Second Extra-Time, I just could. not. believe it. So I wasn't quite ready for the penalties when they started taking them, still tried to process it in my head how the hell we let them score after all that hard work and control we had had.

Anyway, I guess I was just hoping for the best and fearing the worst when the shoot-out started, feeling a bit numb for the reason mentioned above.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:13 pm

I was in the process of texting when Cardiff got their late equalizer. I was therefore somewhat lucky that when I turned and hurled my phone it only hit the couch.

Throughout the penalty shootout, I was kneeling on my floor in front of the TV with my scarf wrapped around my head such that I could barely see. Given our penalty record this season, I already feared that we would lose if it came to a shootout, and these fears only doubled when Gerrard's effort was saved and Adam confused the rules with American football. Honestly, I thought we were lucky to level it with Kuyt and Downing's efforts. When Glen put his into the top of the net, I was absolutely ecstatic. As Anthony Gerrard stepped up to take his shot, I thought this would go at least a few extra rounds. However, he slid it wide... I was stunned for a second, and then the euphoria hit.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:29 pm

I was in a local faux-Irish pub sitting about 4 feet (little over a meter) away from two children under 10 throughout the entire extra time and penalty drama...

Let's just say it's a good thing I've done shots with the owner and know him, his wife, the bartenders and a couple of the wait-staff by name... otherwise I'd probably not be allowed back anytime soon. As it was I got a free shot at the end of it all (probably just to shut me up). drunken
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:02 pm

I was at a friends house.

When Stevie missed dude........I was shattered.My heart sunk in a way I've onnly felt a couple times, I never thought a leauge cup final could do that to me.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:40 am

Honestly thought we were out when Stevie missed. (First final we've won in the last decade without Stevie scoring. Shocked)

Was absolutely hammered. Was taking a shot for every save the keeper saved (this is actually a GREAT game as keepers have the best games in their career against us Wink)

Passed out before Gerrard lifted up the trophy =(
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum