Ganso
BarrileteCosmico
Valkyrja
emassy
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thiago Alcantara vs Lucas Moura Rodrigues

Thiago Alcantara vs Lucas Moura Rodrigues - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%Thiago Alcantara vs Lucas Moura Rodrigues - Page 2 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 11 ]
Thiago Alcantara vs Lucas Moura Rodrigues - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Thiago Alcantara vs Lucas Moura Rodrigues - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 19

Thiago Alcantara vs Lucas Moura Rodrigues - Page 2 Empty Re: Thiago Alcantara vs Lucas Moura Rodrigues

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Well I rate those talent.

Right now, none of them are at the level of Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, R9, Carlos and on and on. I dont think any with reach that level either, but I do believe Ganso, Neymar, Alex Sandro, Danilo and maybe 3 or 4 others have the chance to be say, top 3 in their position.

Yes, David Luiz has not been good. His mistakes are too many, but there is nothing wrong talent wise. He reminds me of Lucio, perhaps when he gets to 27, 28, 29 he will actually be great.

Disagree about Luisao..if guys like Mertersacker can make it in the PL, then Luisao certaintly can.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thiago Alcantara vs Lucas Moura Rodrigues - Page 2 Empty Re: Thiago Alcantara vs Lucas Moura Rodrigues

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:39 pm

you dont think Marcelo is at the same level as RC?i think he is imo,at least at the same age
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 pm

No chance.

Roberto Carlos wasnt a great defender, but in his prime he rarely get raped by anyone who wasnt elite. Marcelo had trouble with nobodies sometimes.

Marcelo has a better rightfoot and has tricks, but Roberto Carlos is much more dangerous because he was 99% of the time the fastest man of the pitch. He used to run in behind defences with that speed and was often the furthest man up the pitch because of that speed. If you come and pressed with a high line, he would destroy it by running in behind. He literally forced teams to defend deeper...dont think any fullback could do that.

Also he is a better crosser (not that Marcelo is a bad one) and shooter (again, Marcelo isnt a bad one).

Apart from tricking someone 1 v 1 with a skill (Carlos could just run right around them) and a right foot I dont see Marcelo with anything like the impact Carlos could bring.

Marcelo while young, is more or less in his prime. Going forward, he isnt going to get better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:No chance.

Roberto Carlos wasnt a great defender, but in his prime he rarely get raped by anyone who wasnt elite. Marcelo had trouble with nobodies sometimes.

Marcelo has a better rightfoot and has tricks, but Roberto Carlos is much more dangerous because he was 99% of the time the fastest man of the pitch. He used to run in behind defences with that speed and was often the furthest man up the pitch because of that speed. If you come and pressed with a high line, he would destroy it by running in behind. He literally forced teams to defend deeper...dont think any fullback could do that.

Also he is a better crosser (not that Marcelo is a bad one) and shooter (again, Marcelo isnt a bad one).

Apart from tricking someone 1 v 1 with a skill (Carlos could just run right around them) and a right foot I dont see Marcelo with anything like the impact Carlos could bring.

Marcelo while young, is more or less in his prime. Going forward, he isnt going to get better.

Does he need to get better going forward ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Yes...thats the point im making......good lord.

Seriously?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well I rate those talent.

Right now, none of them are at the level of Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, R9, Carlos and on and on. I dont think any with reach that level either, but I do believe Ganso, Neymar, Alex Sandro, Danilo and maybe 3 or 4 others have the chance to be say, top 3 in their position.

Yes, David Luiz has not been good. His mistakes are too many, but there is nothing wrong talent wise. He reminds me of Lucio, perhaps when he gets to 27, 28, 29 he will actually be great.

Disagree about Luisao..if guys like Mertersacker can make it in the PL, then Luisao certaintly can.

Again, you are agreeing with me, maybe guys like Neymar or Danilo will be top 3 in their position (Ganso no way), but that's not what Brasil used to be: they had several best player's at their position in the team.

David Luiz has to improve, and well, Luisao could make it at the premier League off course, but not really at the top, like Mertesacker, who is not really making it at the top (semiflopping).

Ganso wrote:you dont think Marcelo is at the same level as RC?i think he is imo,at least at the same age

Marcelo is not a youngster anymore, he will be 24 in a few months. I don't think he will improve much and while he is great going forward, he just sucks defensively. Every RW in la liga has left him seated in the floor crying at least once. (exxagerating, but really, he is not very good defenisvely).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:56 pm

free_cat wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Well I rate those talent.

Again, you are agreeing with me, maybe guys like Neymar or Danilo will be top 3 in their position (Ganso no way), but that's not what Brasil used to be: they had several best player's at their position in the team.

David Luiz has to improve, and well, Luisao could make it at the premier League off course, but not really at the top, like Mertesacker, who is not really making it at the top (semiflopping).

Ganso wrote:you dont think Marcelo is at the same level as RC?i think he is imo,at least at the same age

Marcelo is not a youngster anymore, he will be 24 in a few months. I don't think he will improve much and while he is great going forward, he just sucks defensively. Every RW in la liga has left him seated in the floor crying at least once. (exxagerating, but really, he is not very good defenisvely).

Yeah, I am agreeing with you overall.

Well, Luisao I like, I seen him in the CL and Europa League, so its not like its just him playing well in a poor Portuguese league. I dont know about Mertersacker semiflopping...I dont really rate him either, but I do think he is fairly important to Arsenal, they are better with him playing thats for sure.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Brazil have good defenders apart from Silva like Dante,Andre Dias,Luisao but i'm not sure about their up and coming prospects though.

I read a lot of hype about Rhodolfo ,Mario Fernandes plus some other defender i think from Goias who was linked with Palermo i'm not sure.But we really dont know if they're quality yet.I am not taking a dig at the Brazilian League a better assessment of their quality would be if they played in the major leagues in Europe

There was another hyped player who transferred to Wolfsburg last summer(Rever) but i dont think he's been that great.

Plus David Luiz has been a massive dissapointment ever since transferring to Chelsea.Maybe under a coach like Mou he might come good.

They possess the talent in other departments ,but some of them are really young and not in their prime yet.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanderNeymar Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:36 am

Hey friends.. I'm from Brazil and I follow him closely.. he is not all that you think.. he is like Walcott, just have speed, ONLY this.

He plays for São Paulo, and my team is Santos.. every Santos x São Paulo I see Neymar and Ganso decide the game(finish with the game) and Lucas doesn't do anything..

Be careful with him

VanderNeymar
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:47 am

Lucas is over hyped by Real Madrid fans, same way Neymar is over hyped by, although Thiago has more European experience so he has my vote.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:46 pm

VanderNeymar wrote:Hey friends.. I'm from Brazil and I follow him closely.. he is not all that you think.. he is like Walcott, just have speed, ONLY this.

He plays for São Paulo, and my team is Santos.. every Santos x São Paulo I see Neymar and Ganso decide the game(finish with the game) and Lucas doesn't do anything..

Be careful with him

Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Lucas is the only Messi-like player in the world, he can reach Leo's level IMO. He will be a world-beater for sure.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Kizu I very much doubt what you just said. I Messi at Lucas aged was already a top 3 player in the world, where as Lucas isn't even the best in his league...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:01 pm

harhar11 wrote:Kizu I very much doubt what you just said. I Messi at Lucas aged was already a top 3 player in the world, where as Lucas isn't even the best in his league...
Messi was top3 player at 19, because there weren't good players at that time. There were only Kaka and Ronaldo. Now there are many good players. 19 years old Messi isn't better than Iniesta, Ozil, Ribery, Robben, Ibra, Xavi etc...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Brazilian defenders bad? lol..

Pepe is btw also a Brazilian defender
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 pm

if we are talking generally then brazilian defenders are bad

there will always be exceptions and an amount of defenders will obviously be good, even top class

you cant just name brazilian defenders like marcelo,TS,luis or even pepe and say brazilian defenders are good overall
what about the other 300 or so?

overall brazilian defenders in the brazilian league are "amateur" compared to the ones in top leagues in europe IMO

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Kizu wrote:
Messi was top3 player at 19, because there weren't good players at that time. There were only Kaka and Ronaldo. Now there are many good players. 19 years old Messi isn't better than Iniesta, Ozil, Ribery, Robben, Ibra, Xavi etc...

There was only Kaka and Ronaldo you say? Have you forgotten that Drogba and Pirlo were both great that season(the 4th and 5th in ballon d'or that year)? Or that Gerrard was at this best.

And honestly if Özil today is better than what Messi was back then, its not by that much imo ofc.

If you have forgotten how good he was at the age of 19, here are some videos to refresh your memory..

Spoiler:

Admittedly I have not seen much of Lucas so I might not be the best to judge, but I honestly belive that he wont even come close to being as good as Messi is..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:01 am

funny how every tom,dick and harry are suddenly going to be as good as a player who before his prime is being placed in the company of the absolute greatest this beautiful game has had since it began. lol. seriously.
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2