Art Morte
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
poolsupporter
RedOranje
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster  - Page 2 Empty Re: Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Time to see what your boy's made of Sepi.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster  - Page 2 Empty Re: Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:33 am

I'm falling for Spearing.....He was great against Chelsea. His passing is underrated (it's clear that he's learned some tricks from Alonso). I'm confident he can fill the void left by Lucas's injury.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:39 am

Messiakanino wrote:I'm falling for Spearing.....He was great against Chelsea. His passing is underrated (it's clear that he's learned some tricks from Alonso). I'm confident he can fill the void left by Lucas's injury.

I'm honestly not sure why we recalled Jonjo so soon. For one, there's been no conclusive news on Lucas, yet. For another, we have Spearing, who is more of a straight swap for Lucas. Spearing is a defensively inclined central midfielder. Shelvey is turning into a bright prospect at CAM. Just look at the way he was tearing it up at Blackpool. I don't know that he's the answer to the potentially extended absence of Lucas. Moreover, I think it could hurt his progress.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:43 am

Having Shelvey as an option for CAM/SS/RM would allow us to play Henderson and/or Gerrard in a deeper role while he [Jonjo] plays in their usual position further up the pitch.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:24 am

Have we recalled Shelvey! He will have Kuyt, Henderson (RM) or Adam, Gerrard (AM); while at Blackpool he would have regular games.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:15 pm

iftikhar wrote:Have we recalled Shelvey! He will have Kuyt, Henderson (RM) or Adam, Gerrard (AM); while at Blackpool he would have regular games.

Yep that is what the official site says . . I for one think its a positive move for him with the reserve team in top form & the players growing in confidence & form he might perform even better at this moment! Also if Lucas is injured he would have a positive chance of coming straight back into the team when we play 4-5-1! Keeping in mind we still don't know when Gerrard is coming back!

But thinks are turning a little for the worst with both of our talisman midfielders out with injury Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Anyone have any idea how long Gerrard is side lined?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:51 am

Not even Kenny knows, BG.

Jay's going to really have to step up in these next 6-7 games. Make or break season for him. Saying that, we'd still need to buy a new DM. >.>"
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaChaMooMoo Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:44 am

Spearing is listening.

Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster  - Page 2 Jay-spearing-in-a-car-seat
ChaChaMooMoo
ChaChaMooMoo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:48 am

Most underrated passer more likely.

More impressed with his passing than Adam. Shocked

Always pin point. Always one touch, then pass. He's a great squad player, and he knows the system. Could see him signing a new contract soon.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:29 am

ynwa wrote:Most underrated passer more likely.

More impressed with his passing than Adam. Shocked

Always pin point. Always one touch, then pass. He's a great squad player, and he knows the system. Could see him signing a new contract soon.

Is he available against Stoke!!!

Hate to see Adam playing DM.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:25 am

I'd rather he sits out for Stoke.

He really needs to play against City, and Stoke is going to be a physical game. I'd rest him for this one.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:57 am

Doubtful for Stoke. Back within a week.

Source:Kenny press conference (RAWK)
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danielagger98 Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 pm

I don't see how Spearing gets a chance to play. Adam, Shelvey, Hendo are lot better than this piece of ****. All he does his keep waving his hands in the middle of the field, like he has played over 200 games. He is nothing and not fit to play for liverpool. Sorry

danielagger98
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:23 am

:facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:57 am

danielagger98 wrote:I don't see how Spearing gets a chance to play. Adam, Shelvey, Hendo are lot better than this piece of ****. All he does his keep waving his hands in the middle of the field, like he has played over 200 games. He is nothing and not fit to play for liverpool. Sorry

Surely you understand that Adam & Shelvey are AM and Henderson is a CM while Spearing is a DM. Neutral
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:39 am

danielagger98 wrote:I don't see how Spearing gets a chance to play. Adam, Shelvey, Hendo are lot better than this piece of ****. All he does his keep waving his hands in the middle of the field, like he has played over 200 games. He is nothing and not fit to play for liverpool. Sorry
Not in the DM role, they aren't. And Spearing's ability to both break up opposition play as well as keep Liverpool's play moving is a very important bit of skill that keep the team performing, especially against the better sides.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2