Post by Neutral Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:19 pm

VID AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Dalglish just had a meltdown Empty Re: Dalglish just had a meltdown

Post by the xcx Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:30 pm

No surprise there. He just cant guarantee Liverpool a cl spot.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:49 pm

that awkward moment when Kenny defends a racist>>>>>

:coffee:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Despiadado.Maleante Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:59 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7506187/Dalglish-points-at-media
Despiadado.Maleante
Despiadado.Maleante
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Wow, I was all ready to see Daglish take a swing at the media (literally, not figuratively). However, just as the English media have done, people have wound this up to be far more than it really is. Daglish gave no real incite to the dealings, because all the incidents happened when he wasn't present or closely scrutinizing the dealings. His point, which I agree with, was that the game itself (actions on the pitch, between the whistles) was well controlled and civil. There really were relatively few bookings for a ManU LFC game. The only thing controversial about that interview is that he said the media were winding everything up prior to the game... Is he really wrong about that? Seriously, I understand it's their job (I work in a related field), but was he really wrong?

Please stop doing you best "journo" impersonation, and cease with the hyperbole. I'm pretty sure if someone adjusted their jock strap at the wrong time during this match someone would take offense. It was that wound up. Thank god, no one's privates itched at an inopportune time.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:55 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7506187/Dalglish-points-at-media

embarrassing
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:21 pm

DTOR,.. where do i start?
KKK was asked as the manager of a global company over the actions of a player convicted of racist abuse towards the victim and the message that sends. KKK told the media during the week how suarez promised him hed shake evras hand... and look what he did.
lvpool, utd, the fa, sir alex and KKK all pleaded for calm pre match and suarez does that inciting fans and players alike... yet KKK tries to deflect that with crap about yellow cards. its a bigger issue than the yellow card count.
fair play to shreeves for staying at it. Ever since KKK returned hes avoided the tough questions with strawman arguments about trivial matters and petulantly ignoring or giving 1 word answers to the rest.
it has been a dark day ( ironically ) in the history of LFC

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Ouch, not a good day for Kenny today
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:50 pm

cyberman wrote:DTOR,.. where do i start?
KKK was asked as the manager of a global company over the actions of a player convicted of racist abuse towards the victim and the message that sends. KKK told the media during the week how suarez promised him hed shake evras hand... and look what he did.
lvpool, utd, the fa, sir alex and KKK all pleaded for calm pre match and suarez does that inciting fans and players alike... yet KKK tries to deflect that with crap about yellow cards. its a bigger issue than the yellow card count.
fair play to shreeves for staying at it. Ever since KKK returned hes avoided the tough questions with strawman arguments about trivial matters and petulantly ignoring or giving 1 word answers to the rest.
it has been a dark day ( ironically ) in the history of LFC

...Really? You make the racist joke? -> #classless No

Apparently, you saw that I was a Liverpool supporter and automatically assumed what my argument was. In doing so, you also assumed I was going to stray off the topic of the interview. I said nothing about Suarez's actions in the pre-match or post-match, as that would be straying off topic and there are other threads dealing with the matter. ( I suggest you look up my response on the matter. You might actually be surprised to see what I wrote. However, it is in the Liverpool section, and I wouldn't want you to be subjected to the company of a bunch of racist supporters.)

You created this thread in response to Daglish's interview, calling it a melt down. I merely replied that I did not see any such melt down, and felt deceived by the title of the thread. This had a striking similarity to the way many media outlets built up today's match. However, the match itself while charged, never boiled over on the pitch. The tunnel dealings may be another story, but there was nothing special about the actual match.

As for Kenny's interview, re-read my original post. I actually agree with you on the fact that Kenny didn't give any information (I think I may be breaking out in hives). We did, however disagree as to the nature of his response. I said it was due to his attendance to his managerial duties. If I may paraphrase, you implied he did it because of some deep seated malice towards the media.

For the record, I thought the reporter did his job well. He had to ask the questions, but if Daglish didn't see it, and didn't know the details of the situation, it would actually he irresponsible to speculate on said details. He also never put forth an outright defense of Suarez's actions in the pre-match or half-time incidents. He said, "We'll ask him and we'll take it from there." When the reporter asked if he thought Suarez was to blame for the incidents in the match is when the topic of bookings came up. Therefore, it is completely relevant. There weren't that many. On the pitch, the players were quite professional.

Somewhat unrelated, I thought Rooney's post-match interview was pure class. He's not usually a public relations mogul, but he handled himself well today.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:58 pm

im saying his excuses are horseshit.. he never seems to see anything that would be contrary to his suarez logic.
he never saw the fuss at the start? he wasnt told minutes after or wonder what caused trouble in the tunnel.
fact is that he didnt have to see suarez not shaking evras hand to have an opinion. he should know what it means instead of yammering about banter.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Oh... that's your point. cheers

In that case, I propose we change the title of this thread, as I believe we were all deceived.

My suggestion:
I Dislike Kenny Daglish (mainly his face) and Here's Why You Should Too
(Please no contrary opinions, as this is merely a declaration and not a discussion.)

Let me repeat myself; to comment on an incident you're unaware of is irresponsible in such an influential position. Daglish and Liverpool have already handled the original incident badly. He's attempting not to feed the media any information. In no way is he required to speak to the media. It's a courtesy. Fergie has completely ignored the press after matches before. At least Daglish comes out to speak with them. Not everyone is the media darling that Harry Redknapp is. Though, I do believe Kenny writes his own team sheets.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum