FCB vs. Ajax 1/4 Next Gen Series (U19 CL)

2 posters

Go down

FCB vs. Ajax 1/4 Next Gen Series (U19 CL)  Empty FCB vs. Ajax 1/4 Next Gen Series (U19 CL)

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:55 am

Barça Juvenil A plays vs. Ajax today at the Mini Estadi at 18:30. It is a one game knockout round; the winner goes tot he final four of the U19 Champions League called Next Gen Series.

The game will be broadcasted by Barça TV and I think it will be possible to find a stream. Rojadirecta has it listed, but no streams linked yet:

http://www.rojadirecta.me/

I would love to watch the match but I will be out of home. Hope someone can watch it and update me.

Cheers.

Edit: I just watched that Barça's youtube channel and the Next Gen series web will broadcast the match live, so I might be able to watch it! Here are the links:

https://www.youtube.com/user/fcbarcelona
http://www.nextgenseries.com/en/Watching-NextGen
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

FCB vs. Ajax 1/4 Next Gen Series (U19 CL)  Empty Re: FCB vs. Ajax 1/4 Next Gen Series (U19 CL)

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Yep, I am watching this one along as it doesnt slip my fragile mind.

Very intrested.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

FCB vs. Ajax 1/4 Next Gen Series (U19 CL)  Empty Re: FCB vs. Ajax 1/4 Next Gen Series (U19 CL)

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:53 pm

It seems that Ajax will be playing several players that are U19 but that were already playing with their first team. If we win, it will show a big quality from our U19 as our best three U19 (Rafinha, Espinosa, Deulofeu) play at Barça B and won't be played at the Juvenil for this game.

I suppose the starting line up will be something like the usual:

Bañuz
Campadabal - Bagnack - Ayala - Grimaldo
Babunski - Samper - Patri
Miguel Angel - Dongou - Cristian/Armand Ella

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Intresting so far.

We are better with the ball, thats for sure. We failed to force them back and were a little too direct in the final third but we are clearly better in possession and move it very well.

Only thing im dissapointed in is Ajax are pressing higher than we are, I dont know why we arent pressing high up the pitch and dropping to the half way line.

This back 4 intrests me alot. The rightback Campadabal who is captain looks a useful functional player, not special but functional. Needs to be careful not to go get caught out of position because it happened once or twice.

Alaya reminds me of a left footed Pique, he moves in exactly the same way.He did quite well. Bagnack has had no real defending to do but his positioning has been good...but if he does another long ball I may start shouting. Grimaldo is just a beast. Techincally he is surprisingly good for a fullback and defensively he is excellent. He has locked down the rightwinger at every turn, wins every tackle (at least 5) and even wins throws ons in those tackles. If we pressed them back more and had possession in the final third rather than midfield we could see him in attack more.

Samper is magnificant, he isnt Xavi as people say, but he has touches of class in the midfield, just ooze quality. Picks the ball up from the centerbacks and even came to form a 3 man backline once.

Patri and Babunski has been more quite, but have been good on the ball and not giving it away much. Babunski been quite the last 25 minute but he started well and looked to break into the final third and make passes. Patri made a few more mistakes but is working hard.

Dissapointed with the front 3. Herrera hasnt touched the ball from what I can remember and Miguel Angel looks like he lacks belief or something. Dongou dives alot or isnt getting called for fouls, he sells it well so I cant tell. His strength on the ball is very impressive for his apperent age and the dribble he went on shows the type of class he has. You can see the obvious talent but he hasnt been good really in terms of turning it into something effective just yet.

The goalie made an excellent save low, tipping it onto the post. Ajax have only had shots from outside the box (same as us) but it was the closest we came to a goal.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:49 pm

1 nil Ajax.

We again started better, but a routine long ball was flicked on and Ayala made a misjudgement and the Ajax striker went in to score.

The Ajax leftback is a beast, he is huge...I dont know if he only good because he so much bigger than everyone at this age or not but he is impressive.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:59 pm

2- 0 Ajax.

Alaya at fault again, plays the man onside as everyone else pushed up...bad positioning.

Up hill battle now, the boys been unlucky, Ajax have done nothing special at all but are winning.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Great chance to get a goal back, Petri puts a head just wide of the post from 6 yards out.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Long stoppage of play, someone from Ajax down.

We really pressing forward and going for it, but there are gaps at the back and we look like we could concede on the break just as much as get back into this.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:13 pm

And it happened, 3 nil, im turning off.

I feel for the kids, they played well for large parts of the game and werent inferior at all. But Ajax kids are older and you can see it.

I am content in what I see, the talent in some of the kids is obvious and outstanding.

Despite the result, im pleasantly surprised in what I saw.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 pm

I watched some parts of the game. I didn't like how they played today, they didn't try to keep the ball and played way too direct! Our best players, Miguel Angel and Dongou, were nullified! But I missed most of the first half, when I guess we played better. I agree that the 3-0 was a quite unfair and exaggerated result. A pity, cause I thought that we would win vs Ajax.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:30 pm

In the first half we was the better side, no question in my mind. We didnt create much more than them, but you could who had more quality and more talent.

But in both halfs we was WAY too direct in the final third. We got there and instantly looked for the final pass or went straight towards goal. We should be keeping the ball and allowing all the lines to come closer so we can close them into our half.

Our fullbacks never had a chance to get into attacking positions because we was too direct.

The second half Ayala made two bad errors and then we had to push too many forward in a wreckless way and they hit us on the break.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down