Worst refereeing decision of all times?

+4
matpol
Albiceleste
Harmonica
free_cat
8 posters

Go down

Worst refereeing decision of all times? Empty Worst refereeing decision of all times?

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:18 pm

I found a video of a disallowed goal to Iniesta that IMO is one of the worst referee decision I've ever seen. Not only Iniesta was never in an offside position, but furthermore, even if he had been in offside when Messi passed him the ball, this should have never been whistled as two (2!!) Levante players shot the ball before this getting to Iniesta. It was not only a matter of not seeing the play well, but of not even knowing the rules. There's no offside if the pass comes from the opposition!!

Minut 12:23 in this video:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmqwqg_barcelona-vs-levante-5-0-highlights-hd-03-12-2011_sport?start=757#from=embediframe

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Worst refereeing decision of all times? Empty Re: Worst refereeing decision of all times?

Post by Harmonica Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:23 pm

La Liga referees. :facepalm:

Linesman didn't even raise the flag first.

Nothing new here.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Worst refereeing decision of all times? Empty Re: Worst refereeing decision of all times?

Post by Albiceleste Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Absolute joke, this is cringe worthy stuff here.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Offside called in Getafe game this season was also farce. Messi scored a goal after Keita pass which was deflected by Getafe's defender, it was not offside. If referee made there correct decision we would be unbeaten in all 39 games this season Mad
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Horrible, horrible call...should be demoted to Segunda for such a call. Worst offside call I recall to be honest.

TBH a ton of games I noticed the offside decisions going against us have been laughable.

Sanchez off the top of my head has been called for 5 or 6 offsides which never were.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 pm

matpol wrote:Offside called in Getafe game this season was also farce. Messi scored a goal after Keita pass which was deflected by Getafe's defender, it was not offside. If referee made there correct decision we would be unbeaten in all 39 games this season Mad

The pass from Messi to keita was deflected. Not Keita to Messi, if I remember correctly. The Keita to Messi ball was not called offside, it was the Messi to Keita ball.

The important thing to note here is the word deflection. If a ball is passed to a player in an offside position and it is deflected, it is still offside. If the ball is PASSED back (meaning, defender has clear control of the ball and passes it to an opposing player in an offside position), then it is not offside.

In this case, I think Keita was just offside, and given it was a deflection and the defender didn't have clear control of the ball, it would be a correct offside decision.

About 1:40-I found a video Very Happy

That being said I agree, some horrendous decisions this year (including that one), La Liga refs all need extra training. They are terrible.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:29 am

That wasn't offside either. A Getafe player goes down to tackle Messi and he passes the ball to Keita. It's not a deflection: Messi wasn't touching the ball when the player tackles, he wasn't passing. Even in the video they say it wasn't offside (in italian).

Anyway, that's a more excusable mistake, as you need a slow motion replay to see that it wasn't Messi who passed to Keita. It's understandable that the referee missed it live.

On the other hand, it's not understandable, not acceptable, that the referees disallowed that Iniesta goal. The only reasonable explanation is that they don't know the rules or that they weren't paying attention: both of them unacceptable for professional referees.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:32 pm

La liga refs.. do they just pick out the people living in a box in madrid or barcelona?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:45 pm

More crap calls today, offsides which didnt exsist. That was just the 2nd half I saw.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:49 pm

They should just fire every ref and look for more tbh it can't get much worse lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:Horrible, horrible call...should be demoted to Segunda for such a call. Worst offside call I recall to be honest.

TBH a ton of games I noticed the offside decisions going against us have been laughable.

Sanchez off the top of my head has been called for 5 or 6 offsides which never were.

That just goes to show how fast he is. In the other thread about whos the fastest, Sanchez should get honourable mention Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Sanchez is not nearly as fast as afellay or tello
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:32 pm

free_cat wrote:That wasn't offside either. A Getafe player goes down to tackle Messi and he passes the ball to Keita. It's not a deflection: Messi wasn't touching the ball when the player tackles, he wasn't passing. Even in the video they say it wasn't offside (in italian).

Anyway, that's a more excusable mistake, as you need a slow motion replay to see that it wasn't Messi who passed to Keita. It's understandable that the referee missed it live.

On the other hand, it's not understandable, not acceptable, that the referees disallowed that Iniesta goal. The only reasonable explanation is that they don't know the rules or that they weren't paying attention: both of them unacceptable for professional referees.

Ahh free cat you are right, I didn't see that it was not a deflection.

Now I'm embarrassed Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down