Post by Swanhends Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:47 am

Much ado about nothing

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

ThiagoOoOoOo - Page 2 Empty Re: ThiagoOoOoOo

Post by Khaled Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:33 am

WHAT THE F************************K!!!!!!!!!!

People close to Madrid president Perez are pressuring him to sign Thiago, who has a 10M buyout fee until 30 June, 20M after that day. [ec]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DirkVA Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:44 am

Of course it's pure coincidence that Thiago signaled his willingness to be courted by another club just before that rumor goes around.

DirkVA
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:48 am

If you leave money out at this point, who, between Cesc and Thiago, do you think is a better player?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 am

Here is an article which is kind of on the same lines of what most of us think.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/06/17/2534697/a-catalan-obsession-but-barcelona-dont-need-arsenals-cesc

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:38 am

kiranr wrote:If you leave money out at this point, who, between Cesc and Thiago, do you think is a better player?
Right now? Cesc, in the future? Who knows.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:46 am

Bolton Wanderers prepare an 8M bid, including a buy-back clause, for Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara (20).Bolton president Phil Gartside is on standby to meet Barcelona officials this week to try to complete a deal on Thiago.
[the people]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:09 am

Thiago already has a buyout clause of 30 million

In time Transfer any rumor can quickly become a reality.And in that sense, the last thing that Real Madrid would be interested in Thiago Alcántara.The news was yesterday Eurosport: apparently, Florentino Perez consultants have advised the signing of midfielder Barca due to its low cost.The network, through its website, says that the termination clause of the squad is, today, ten million euros.Effective July 1, however, would be 30 kilos, then the player will become part of the first team.

However, as this newspaper has learned, that position is false and Thiago is already worth 30 million.The youth has extended his contract last season, whose provisions came into force from the moment of signature.Another thing is its incorporation into the first team at that time it was agreed that the course was for 2011-12.So, if Florentino Perez wants to Thiago will have no choice but to pay the 30 kilos.

Source: http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/thiago-tiene-clausula-rescision-millones/20110621dasdaiftb_58/Tes
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:22 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The only part I really have a problem with is "I want to be a player that the people remember for ever." It's rather pretentious.

What's the problem?

Isn't that what everybody wants.

The boy has ambition, he has confidence, talent, cockiness...what more can I ask of him, how is this guy not my kid? Other than him being older than me...maybe I'm his kid :O

Not as talented though obviously Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinoy_Cules Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:22 pm

The more I watch Thiago play, the less I see the need for bringing Cesc in. We always want our players to be confident. I'm glad that he doesn't need a lot of handholding in the confidence department. I wish Bojan were more like him in confidence.

I hope we keep Thiago for a long time. His passing accuracy and dribbling skills are definitely a highlight of the U21 Euros underway now.
Pinoy_Cules
Pinoy_Cules
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Pinoy_Cules wrote:The more I watch Thiago play, the less I see the need for bringing Cesc in. We always want our players to be confident. I'm glad that he doesn't need a lot of handholding in the confidence department. I wish Bojan were more like him in confidence.

I hope we keep Thiago for a long time. His passing accuracy and dribbling skills are definitely a highlight of the U21 Euros underway now.
Kabayan!! Very Happy
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 am

Thiago Alcantara, doing it his way

Born in the Italian city of Bari, raised in Vigo in the Spanish region of Galicia and currently thriving at FC Barcelona, Thiago Alcantara certainly has as an interesting background. Adding further spice to the mix is the fact that both his parents are Brazilian – his mother a volleyball player and his father the 1994 FIFA World Cup USA™-winning ex-Seleção midfielder.

“They call me Willy Fogg,” says the Barça starlet with a grin. “I’m lucky enough to have experienced so many things which make you grow as a person. The worst part [of moving around so much] is that you’re always leaving loved ones behind.”

His full name is Thiago Alcantara do Nascimento, but if the surname is not familiar it is because the Spanish U-21 international’s father, Iomar do Nascimento, went by the name Mazinho. “My dad’s Brazilian through and through but he’s resigned to the fact I’m playing for Spain. He can see that my career is progressing here and he understands that this is what’s best for me,” explained the 20-year-old midfield man.

I want to have even more opportunities to show what I can do and to help the team. I’m having the time of my life.Thiago Alcantara on life at Barcelona

“At first it was something that happened naturally because I’ve always lived here and I started moving up the ranks of the Spanish youth national set-up. That said, when it came to choosing who to play for at senior level, it was tricky to decide [between Spain and Brazil].”

The future is certainly looking bright for the youngster, who has been gradually making space for himself in the Barcelona first-team squad this campaign – a progression rewarded by winners’ medals in La Liga and the UEFA Champions League. “It’s been a fantastic year. When you’re first called up to the first team you think you’ll just be making up the numbers for an easy game."

“But then you realise that the coach keeps calling on you even for tough matches, which boosts your confidence. I want to have even more opportunities to show what I can do and to help the team. I’m having the time of my life,” he continued.

`A packed schedule

Despite coming off the back of a hectic club season, Alcantara will have to wait a while longer before taking a break. Having gone straight from the Champions League final at Wembley to join up with La Rojita’s squad for the UEFA European U-21 Championship, which offers three passages for the Men’s Olympic Football Tournament London 2012, the player is also in line to appear at July/August’s FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia.

“With this national squad, we’re going to try and sweep the board,” said Alcantara who, with uncertainty surrounding his immediate future at Barça, is focusing on his multiple international commitments. “We’d love to win this World Cup because it’s about time Spain won another global youth tournament.

“The best teams in the world like Brazil, Argentina, France and the Netherlands will be there. It’ll be tough and fiercely contested but we’ve got a chance. This is an incredible, really good generation of players, one of the best in recent years,” he continued, referring to a Spain squad which qualified for Colombia 2011 after finishing runners-up to France at last year’s European U-19 Championship.

We’d love to win this World Cup because it’s about time Spain won another global youth tournament.Thiago Alcantara looks forward to the FIFA U-20 World Cup

“That was incredibly hard to take. We were confident we’d win but didn’t manage it. We’d love to set the record straight at the World Cup, so hopefully we can take the same group of players.”

Clearly endowed with the level of belief and ambition you would expect from a Barcelona player, nor does Alcantara shy away from the responsibility of pulling on the shirt of the 2010 FIFA World Cup winners: “Spain aim to win every competition they enter. They’re the best national side in the world and have a tremendous youth set-up.

“The [World Cup winners’] star on the shirt doesn’t put more pressure on you: it motivates you. By winning the world title, they changed the mentality of the whole country. We discovered that football can give us the greatest joy of all. We were able to savour a quality of football that’s rarely been seen before. And for us younger players it’s a real stimulus, because that’s what we want to achieve one day too.”

And Alcantara certainly knows all about pressure, having been in the spotlight from an early age thanks to Mazinho’s success. “It’s not something that makes me nervous, I’m making my own name in the game, playing my own way,” said the Azulgrana rising star as the conversation concluded. “My dad has taught me the value of humility, respect and perseverance. It’s the best advice he’s given me, the best thing I’ve inherited.”

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/news/newsid=1456254/
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:03 am

Do you guys really see Thiago as similar to Xavi or Iniesta? I don't.

Unlike Xavi he moves a lot more with the ball and tries to dribble quite a lot. He is faster as well.

Unlike Iniesta he does not have the silkiness or mesmerizing touches and is more direct.

He reminds me of Fabregas a little more actually. More direct. Moving both on and off the ball. Playing quick passes and even trying to dribble a little bit. Habit of moving towards goal and taking shots. The other player that I think of is Deco but I can't recall Deco's playing style so clearly right now.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:17 am

messixaviesta wrote:Do you guys really see Thiago as similar to Xavi or Iniesta? I don't.

Unlike Xavi he moves a lot more with the ball and tries to dribble quite a lot. He is faster as well.

Unlike Iniesta he does not have the silkiness or mesmerizing touches and is more direct.

He reminds me of Fabregas a little more actually. More direct. Moving both on and off the ball. Playing quick passes and even trying to dribble a little bit. Habit of moving towards goal and taking shots. The other player that I think of is Deco but I can't recall Deco's playing style so clearly right now.
I agree, I never saw him as Xavi's heir, he is a bit like Deco but more dribbling.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:18 am

IF WE SELL THIAGO WE ARE GONE.

In all seriousness, what are the chances of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi going through another season barely missing a game? Slim-to-none. We need him.

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
I agree, I never saw him as Xavi's heir, he is a bit like Deco but more dribbling.

True. As for Xavi's heir, there is hardly anyone I can see at the moment for that.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:26 am

messixaviesta wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

True. As for Xavi's heir, there is hardly anyone I can see at the moment for that.
Banega reminds me of Xavi very much, his link with Messi is also psychic, who knows maybe we can snatch him? Very Happy

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Banega reminds me of Xavi very much, his link with Messi is also psychic, who knows maybe we can snatch him? Very Happy

He is a very good player but he doesn't remind me of Xavi as such.

As for snatching him, that can only happen if "we" give up on the Fabregas obsession first.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread so going to bump this:

If we play Thiago, Xavi and Iniesta at the same time, why can't we bench Busi and sell Masch?

---------------------Xavi----------------------
--------Thiago--------------Iniesta---------

Opinions?

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:34 pm

this reminds me when rijkaard played with Deco/Xavi & Iniesta in 2006-2007 & 2007/2008..

we can't play with this line-up in big matches.. u need Busq or Masch!

but if we want to win & we are lossing/Draw we can use it in the future!

btw Just don't buy Cesc!

Xavi(Thiago) - Busq (Masch) - Iniesta (Kieta)

Sergi Roberto can play some Copa & Minor matches too..

we can play with Thiago- Xavi - Iniesta in matches against lower teams ( playing with 10 defenders) we can have more options..

btw Guardiola played with these 3 players (Xavineista & Thiago) against Levante last season (2-1 win)!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:23 am

ausbaz wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread so going to bump this:

If we play Thiago, Xavi and Iniesta at the same time, why can't we bench Busi and sell Masch?

---------------------Xavi----------------------
--------Thiago--------------Iniesta---------

Opinions?

See anyway we stopped playing with a physical DM like Yaya. However Busquets is also a DM even if an old world interceptor not too dissimilar to Pep himself rather than the modern day athlete or big brute.

In the formation you suggest there is no DM at all and all three are essentially creative attacking players. It doesn't seem like a good idea to throw caution to the wind in this way. Then again how can I say anything for sure? When Yaya was replaced by Busquets I thought it was a big mistake and that we would lose a vital physical and athletic element. As it turns out we have hardly lost anything. So I will just wait and watch. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:25 am

Khaledbarca wrote:this reminds me when rijkaard played with Deco/Xavi & Iniesta in 2006-2007 & 2007/2008..

Very good point and Thiago does at times remind me of Deco.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Thiago Alcantara renews until 2015

Get in!! Very Happy

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Official: There's a deal on the renewal of the contract of Barcelona player Thiago Alcantara (20) for two more years, until 2015

Official: The new buy-out clause of Thiago will be 90M. The contract will be signed this afternoon.

Great news. Maybe EMD and Sport will stop with this obsession of selling Thiago.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:01 pm

matpol wrote:Official: There's a deal on the renewal of the contract of Barcelona player Thiago Alcantara (20) for two more years, until 2015

Official: The new buy-out clause of Thiago will be 90M. The contract will be signed this afternoon.

Great news. Maybe EMD and Sport will stop with this obsession of selling Thiago.

Amen! cheers

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Yay he is staying Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite