Art Morte
Red Alert
mr-r34
donttreadonred
Nishankly
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Liverpool vs Man City| 25th Jan | 19.45GMT |CC Semi Final 2nd Leg| Empty Liverpool vs Man City| 25th Jan | 19.45GMT |CC Semi Final 2nd Leg|

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Liverpool vs Man City| 25th Jan | 19.45GMT |CC Semi Final 2nd Leg| Liverpool_93X vs Liverpool vs Man City| 25th Jan | 19.45GMT |CC Semi Final 2nd Leg| City_93X

Venue -
ANFIELD.
Liverpool vs Man City| 25th Jan | 19.45GMT |CC Semi Final 2nd Leg| Prop111127-006-liverpool_man_city

Last Result
City 0-1 Liverpool.

Team news -
1. Balotelli could start after scoring in the game agst Spurs and Dzeko having a nightmare.
2. Silva is back from his ankle injury.
3. Savic could be benched, With Richards playing CB.

City still have a strong squad and have won both of their game after the CC tie, While Liverpool haven't done themselves any favors by drawing one and losing one after playing against City.

Team news-
1. Bellamy ?
2. Will Spearing be available?

Honestly, Without a DM to cover the back four, Possibilities are very less IMO.

Things to expect from this match -

1. Carroll will be isolated as usual.
2. Last ditch defending from Liverpool.
3. Decent counter attacks by Liverpool.

My team -
1. Start Spearing.
2. Start Downing.
3. Start Bellamy.

---------------Reina------------------
--Glen----Agger ------Skrtel-----Jose--
--------------Spearing----------------
-Bellamy---Gerrard ----Hendo---Downing-
----------------Carroll----------------

Spearing because we can't expect to defend without a DM.
Downing and Bellamy because of their work rate. They track back more than Maxi. Especially Downing.

Agger and Skrtel have to sort themselves out before this game.

ANY NEWS ABOUT SPEARING?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Man City| 25th Jan | 19.45GMT |CC Semi Final 2nd Leg| Empty Re: Liverpool vs Man City| 25th Jan | 19.45GMT |CC Semi Final 2nd Leg|

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:58 pm

As long as Spearing plays and Downing and Adam aren't anywhere near the pitch, we'll go through.

COME ON REDS ! WE ARE VERY CLOSE TO WEMBLEY

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Man City| 25th Jan | 19.45GMT |CC Semi Final 2nd Leg| Empty Re: Liverpool vs Man City| 25th Jan | 19.45GMT |CC Semi Final 2nd Leg|

Post by donttreadonred Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:18 pm

My hope is that we don't play too negatively. I'm worried that we will see the formation from the Stoke match (5-2-2-1 / 3-4-3) rear its head again. Unfortunately, I think this is increasingly likely considering our lackluster (re: sh*t) performances on the weekend. It's even more likely should Spearing be ruled out for the match.

I would very much prefer the 4-1-4-1 that Sepi listed. From this formation, we stand a chance at controlling the midfield. By doing that, we have dominated possession and controlled the match on more than one occasion when facing City. I actually agree with playing Downing. He has had moderately successful run of games, and I want to give Carroll every chance to score. That brings me to my next point...

WE MUST SCORE... We cannot afford to sit back and attempt to defend our 1-0 away goal lead. We need to push forward and attempt to extend the lead. If we can score, we can afford to concede, which is always a possibility when playing City. I don't think our defense will be as leaky as against Bolton, as I do believe that was an aberration/compilation of multiple factors creating a "perfect storm of utter disappointment." Bellamy and Downing on the wings give us the best combination of workrate and attacking potential to do this. Likewise, Gerrard must be allowed to get forward. In the 4-1-4-1, the other midfielder, either Hendo or (cringes...) Adam, can sit slightly deeper while Gerrard basically plays a free, CF role.

Once again, I will be hoping for/expecting a draw (if we play at any sort of reasonable level) and praying for a win.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:16 am

donttreadonred wrote:

I would very much prefer the 4-1-4-1 that Sepi listed.

Nishank? Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:17 am

Balo has been charged, But i guess he will still be able to play in our game.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Nishank wrote:
donttreadonred wrote:

Nishank? Sad

My deepest apologies. I glanced up at the posts and got them confused.

You know I didn't mean it... Forgive me? Embarassed
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Thinking we only have a 20 per cent chance of getting passed them tbh, IF spero doesn't play, adam will surley be a pain to watch in the mid, hopefully we can scrap by. Yeah I'd go with nishanks suggested formation, just hope carroll gets so0me balls and uses them effectively.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Any win or draw and we pass.
Away goals count only until extra time.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Balotelli is banned for four matches for a lunge (joke of a decision when Lescott's elbow is "innocent")

Kompany is still banned.

I hope Kuyt starts over Carroll. And I hope we continuously attack Savic if he plays. He's the only liabilty in their defence.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:24 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
Nishank wrote:
donttreadonred wrote:

Nishank? Sad

My deepest apologies. I glanced up at the posts and got them confused.

You know I didn't mean it... Forgive me? Embarassed

Never!
You will now be haunted foreverrrrrrrrrrr... Twisted Evil
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:28 pm

I agree with donttreadonred, We have to score, We won't be able to sit back and take a Silva- Aguero- Dzeko- Nasri attack for 90 mins with Adam Johnson also getting a chance. We have to get off to a good start and make our chances count.

The last line aint gonna happen so im shit scared.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Anfield is a fortress. We may not win, but we never lose. Buahhaahhaha. :(
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:19 pm

@Sepi... I'm frankly terrified. pale

@YNWA: I see Carroll getting the start in this one. I think he threatens Savic and Lescott more in this particular fixture. Besides, Kuyt has a tendency to show up in ManU games. With the upcoming fixture on the weekend (and subsequent fixture at Molineux next Tuesday), the squad will need to be well managed and time apportioned appropriately. I can see Kenny sitting him for this one with a view toward Saturday.

Oh yeah... While we have traditionally been scrappy at Anfield, if we defend like we did at the Reebok last Saturday my weekend soccer squad could score on us.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:48 pm

This game is all about defence to me, if there will be more than 2 goals in this game, I'm afraid City will score most of them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:33 am

I find it a bit humorous how quickly this section swings between rampant optimism and oppressive pessimism.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:47 am

I've been optimistic before every game. Wink

Only time I've knee-jerked has been after the 1-1 Blackburn draw at Anfield.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:52 am

donttreadonred wrote:
@YNWA: I see Carroll getting the start in this one. I think he threatens Savic and Lescott more in this particular fixture. Besides, Kuyt has a tendency to show up in ManU games. With the upcoming fixture on the weekend (and subsequent fixture at Molineux next Tuesday), the squad will need to be well managed and time apportioned appropriately. I can see Kenny sitting him for this one with a view toward Saturday.

I agree that Kuyt always does well against United, but we need to make sure we beat/draw City 100%. This will be the first time we've been to the "new" Wembley which was made over a decade ago.

It's clear Carroll is out of form. He's had his run of games and has not impressed in the slightest.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:36 am

One bad game game doesnt make our defence poor.Hopefully with Spearing returing they will be better protected by midfield.

Think we have enough to get a positive result considering we are playing at Anfield.We may not have won many matches at home but we mostly dominated almost every team at Anfield (including City in PL) and opposition usually defend desperately.City doesnt have that luxury either.

Hopefully we get a early goal to ease the pressure.We should play like how we played Madrid in CL 2008-09 in similar situation.Go out all guns blazing and catch them cold.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:16 am

RedOranje wrote:I find it a bit humorous how quickly this section swings between rampant optimism and oppressive pessimism.

No DM = Bad news.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm

This is the club's biggest game since Atletico at home back in April 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 pm

ynwa wrote:I agree that Kuyt always does well against United, but we need to make sure we beat/draw City 100%. This will be the first time we've been to the "new" Wembley which was made over a decade ago.

It's clear Carroll is out of form. He's had his run of games and has not impressed in the slightest.

This really just brings up the squads largest problem (other than Lucas's injury). It's the lack of an in-form striker. I would argue that Kuyt has arguably been just as poor, if not more so, than Carroll. In 24 appearances for the reds, he's scored once in a Carling Cup fixture, and he is arguably the striker that should be producing well. (That statement is meant to highlight the lack of the type of service that led to Andy Carroll's beat-mode with Newcastle last season,) Kuyt is more of a "complete striker/poacher," and he's simply been missing the chances that have fallen to him. The only thing that could make me a liar ( Razz ) is that Bellamy has already played once this week.I'm not sure if Kenny will play him again. We certainly need his energy and production, but the question of his knee's ability to perform could sideline him, or at least relegate him to the bench. This would result in a Maxi/Hendo start on the wing in the 4-1-4-1 or Kuyt coming in for the 4-4-2.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:26 pm

BEST DAY OF THE SEASON SO FAR
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Reporter: "What did you think of the penalty decision?" Dalglish: "What do you mean?" Reporter: "The handball" Dalglish: "Exactly"
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Nishank wrote:Reporter: "What did you think of the penalty decision?" Dalglish: "What do you mean?" Reporter: "The handball" Dalglish: "Exactly"

Haha... Daglish is a wonderful coach if only for his press conferences.

On another subject, I have to give it up to Joe Hart today. He was absolutely incredible. Of all the millions Man City have spent, the 1.5 they paid for him was probably the most important. He's kept them in many a'game throughout the campaign.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Couldnt watch it live too late in the night.But best news u could hope for when u wake up in the morning.

Just watching the replays.Hopefully there arent any hiccups against Cardiff in final.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next