Zealous
Sushi Master
Lex
aleumdance
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why do germans not play outside of Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do germans not play outside of Germany

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:52 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Nirgall wrote:Actually the country that seems to export the least players is England. You almost never see an English player playing abroad.

seeing an english player abroad is like seeing an NBA player leaving to euroleague

they are massively paid, no need

Not exactly true.

Role players in the NBA could be stars in the Euroleague and get paid more because of that.

For example, Josh Childress was worth like 7-9m a year in NBA, whereas in the Euroleague he got like 13.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why do germans not play outside of Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do germans not play outside of Germany

Post by rwo power Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:57 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:Yet there is a sausage slapping fest when talking about Germans and every 1 seems to believe Germany is this amazing superstar footballer producing machine.
Somehow this is flattering, especially as it wasn't so long ago that people usually associated Germany with efficient, but boring and technically not so good "Rumpelfußball". Very Happy (Rumpelfußball = scrappy football, but the German term is much more picturesque).

GyansDancingBoots wrote:People go on about how good Bayern are regarding youth and their German players, yet if you look at their squad of 25 there are like 10 none Germans in it.
Well, 10 (Or rather 11) foreign players is not that bad when you consider how many good players came out of the Bayern academy. Not all of them stay at Bayern - as a matter of fact, Bayern provide the other teams with well-educated players, too. Mats Hummels comes to mind, Thomas Kraft, Michael Rensing, Andreas Ottl, Christian Lell and I definitely forgot a lot of others who became starters for their clubs. (Although one shouldn't forget that their city rivals 1860 have quite a good academy, too).

GyansDancingBoots wrote:I dont think there are as many big teams in the German league as others, they cant all play for Bayern, so you would think surely some of these amazing gifted players would find opportunities in other leagues.
Well, as mentioned before, there were always teams other than the Bayern that were dominant in certain decades. I'm fairly sure, Schalke and Dortmund are always good destinations for players as they both have an amazing support. I read in some interviews that there are actually players dreaming to play once for Dortmund with their yellow wall of fans (the 25 000 people terrace of the most fervent supporters).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 am

I see German name on many Serie A team today. Maybe they are Swiss and Austrian. But Klos is German no? Wasn't Klinsmann and there was Brehme, Breigel,. Bierhoff and many other.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:10 am

Brehme, Klinsmann and Bierhoff are a while back though. But yeah Klose is German, but he only moved to Italy this year, just like Özil and Khedira only moved to Spain last year. Germans moving abroad again is a very recent development, basically since the WC2010 it's started to happen again, besides Ballack.

Then again, Ballack was the only WC player we had for like 5 or 6 years. Despite Kahn and Klose, of course, but Kahn was happy at Bayern and Klose will always be underrated.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:19 am

German players would have more reason to stay than leave now with these 4 cl spots.I'm only talking about quality German talents here.

Ofcourse it wont take immediate effect but it could be helpful for the long term imo.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:23 am

wile on this topic, and although its slightly contradictory.

How is dale Jennings doing. Do you think he will ever get into the Bayern first team.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:25 am

GyansDancingBoots wrote:wile on this topic, and although its slightly contradictory.

How is dale Jennings doing. Do you think he will ever get into the Bayern first team.

i belive he is injured

he will indeed make it into the first team
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:26 am

The German teams really need to jack up their prices like the Portuguese in order to secure their talent, or to at least get something out of it. With all the talents coming out of Germany, and the big clubs now scouting the BL, it's going to be hard as hell to keep every youth talent, 4 CL spots or not.

If you're that good, and Bayern aren't interested in you, then you're going abroad. Then you have cases like with Völler, who cockblocked Vidal from joining Bayern.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:29 am

Dale Jennings? Last I read (in December somewhen) he had an ankle injury.

Ok, I just checked transfermarkt.de - they have him listed that he should be fine again: http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/dale-jennings/profil/spieler_158436.html

I guess he'll play again for Bayern II after the winter break then.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:55 am

I agree with most of the opinions above, however i also believe Bundesliga is underscouted.

We've seen many good players in Bundesliga and League 1 remain untouched, until a smart manager/organization like Wenger comes along and gets them at cut rate price.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:05 am

chinomaster182 wrote:I agree with most of the opinions above, however i also believe Bundesliga is underscouted.

We've seen many good players in Bundesliga and League 1 remain untouched, until a smart manager/organization like Wenger comes along and gets them at cut rate price.

bundesliga is not underscouted,,, it like discount market for good players

if mertesacker was English he would have cost arsenal 20 Million.. TRUE STORY
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:08 am

Actually, I think many younger players stay in the Bundesliga as they have a much higher chance to get first team action here. Just look at Ron-Robert Zieler - he was at the ManUtd academy for quite a while, but as soon as he got to Hannover 96, he could play as their Nr.1 goalkeeper right away (and only recently he got his first senior NT cap even!).

IMO one big advantage of the BL is that the coaches here actually give youth a chance, and maybe they simply feel that their chances of continued first team action are better when staying here?

Oh, and one more point that I remember reading - in some other leagues, some clubs seem not to have been able to pay their players regularly (I think that was the case in the lower regions of the La Liga table even). So German players may consider to stay in the BL as they may not get as much money as abroad, but at least they can be sure they get their money.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3