Swanhends
BarrileteCosmico
Lex
Albiceleste
Yeezus
81 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

[Copa Del Rey] Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona  Empty [Copa Del Rey] Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by Yeezus Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:54 am

Well, what a way to kick off the first month of the new year. Another 2 weeks back to back of El Classico Madness!!

[Copa Del Rey] Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona  El_Clasico_FC_Barcelona_vs_Real_Madrid_2010
1st Leg in Madrid.
2nd Leg in Barcelona.

What do you predict will happen over the 2 legs?

-Line-Ups
-Results
-Goalscorers
-Flop/Top
-Expulsions
-Mou Moments
-Forum Reaction
-User Bans
-Mole's El Classico Review Part 2 & 3?

Last edited by Andres Iniesta on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

[Copa Del Rey] Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona  Empty Re: [Copa Del Rey] Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 am

I think Barcelona will come out on top over the two legs, but Pinto may give us problems again this year.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

[Copa Del Rey] Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona  Empty Re: [Copa Del Rey] Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by Lex Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:00 am

Might as well be the finals, because the winner of the whole competition will be decided after this
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:05 am

Only 2 years ago the winner was a non-Barca/Madrid team. Madrid before last year had not won the trophy for something like 18 years, Raul has never won it in his life. It's entirely possible that the winner of the cup will be neither.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:06 am

I hope one loses and then the other gets disqualified for being detrimental to goal legacy

get in there bilbao
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:07 am

I personally have my money on Mirandes :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:14 am

---------Pinto-----------
Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal
---------Busquets---------
---Xavi----------Iniesta-
--Messi--Sanchez-Cesc

but expect that to take another form if we settle into the match and do our thing, a 3-4-3, with Messi dropping deeper and Alves pushing up.

For Real I see:

-----------------Iker-------------------
-Coentrao-Ramos-Pepe-Marcelo
-----------------Lass-----------------
--------Sahin--------Alonso--------
--Ozil-------Benzema---C.Ronaldo

or even (if mou has faith in Varane)

--------------------Iker--------------------
-Coentrao--Ramos--Varane--Marcelo
----------------------Pepe---------------
------Lass-------------------Xabi-------
--Ozil---------Benzema------C.Ronaldo

I prefer the option where Pepe isn't in the midfield shredding our plays..and getting away with murder :p

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:23 am

Swap Xabi for Pepe (because thats the way it was when Pepe was in mid last time), Di Maria on the wing instead of Ozil and probably another defensive player in the back line and thats more like what would happen if Madrid went with that kind of gameplan imo.

I dont think that will be it though, more likely, Alonso protected by Lass and Khedira, 3 forwards, likely Benz, Cristiano and Di Maria. Back 4, take your pick.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:28 am

If Valdes was playing, Barca would be clear favourites.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:30 am

So we do the debate again about Madrid...do they stick with the sort of lineup thats led them to the top of the table...or change their plan completely just for Barca?

Is Xabi Alonso untouchable?

If they go with option B, I dont see why Alonso's place should be guaranteed...They've tried changing around everyone else - why not him?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:31 am

The Franchise wrote:Swap Xabi for Pepe (because thats the way it was when Pepe was in mid last time), Di Maria on the wing instead of Ozil and probably another defensive player in the back line and thats more like what would happen if Madrid went with that kind of gameplan imo.

I dont think that will be it though, more likely, Alonso protected by Lass and Khedira, 3 forwards, likely Benz, Cristiano and Di Maria. Back 4, take your pick.

Madrid don't have many picks in the backline. Arbeloa is suspended. It's all to either Lass or Coentraro in the RB spot, adn the other takes the MF spot, likely to be Lass given Alonso will need an energy player to help fight of our mid..

Khedira picked up an ankle injury midweek, and I think DM is still out.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:32 am

Well, we know whats gonna happen. They cant beat em. You ve seen it people
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:44 am

bhends wrote:So we do the debate again about Madrid...do they stick with the sort of lineup thats led them to the top of the table...or change their plan completely just for Barca?

Is Xabi Alonso untouchable?

If they go with option B, I dont see why Alonso's place should be guaranteed...They've tried changing around everyone else - why not him?

They have to change, no question about that now.

Alonso is untouchable, because even if they go defensive in the midfield with 3 men, if none of them are Alonso then they will struggle even more then ever to lauch and counter attack.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:56 am

Yeah, but how many counter attacks have Madrid actually scored off against Barca in their recent history??

I can't think of one off the top of my head - Of course theoretically what you said is 100% accurate...but what we've seen from the real results indicates that the theory isnt translating into the expected outcome...

But Madrid HAVE had success scoring from corners and by winning the ball back in dangerous positions through pressing..Benzemas goal (corner) CR7s goal (corner? or cross following a corner I cant remember) CR7s goal (pressing) Benzemas goal (pressing)

Swapping Xabi Alonso for a more defensive or energetic player increases the likelihood of scoring in both of those manners without making them exposed defensively...

Last edited by bhends on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:58 am

Marca made a poll asking fans what kind of gameplan/tactics they'd like to see Mou deploy vs. Barça.

Interestingly enough, the best voted option was to place Pepe alongside Xabi in the middle of the park (51.9%), then using a triple pivot consisting of Xabi, Pepe and Coentrao with 24.4% of the votes.

That may show how their DMs are rated Razz

Last edited by Funkentelechy on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:58 am

I've been looking at the chart of the competition, Athletic stand a serious chance to win it. They need to beat Mallorca to get to semis, which is definitely possible, and then the winner of Espanyol-Mirandes, the later play in 3rd division so Espanyol are obvious favorites. Should they get to the final, they will play against one of R. Madrid, Barca, Valencia and Levante. Athletic have yet to play against R. Madrid, but they tied Barca 2-2 in home turf and tied Valencia 1-1 at the Mestalla. They certainly have the discipline to repeat that and even win.

This doesn't really bode well for Madrid either, who will see Athletic in 10 days. banana
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:01 am

[Copa Del Rey] Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona  N_athletic_club_de_bilbao_javi_martinez_aguinaga-3659865

hmm hmm hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:02 am

We have the depth to deal with it banana
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:12 am

Bilbao game will be a tough match especially since its sandwiched between 2 clasicos. Don't brush them off so easily lol. I think its even more important than the clasico to maintain our league position but who am I kiddin Razz
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:24 am

Why should Real Madrid have to rely on counter-attacks? Hopefully we keep the ball instead of hoofing it away like the last Clasico.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Margera Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:44 am

Barcelona are definitely favorites for this match and will probably beat us, nevertheless we should be looking to improve our performance from the last time.

For Ronaldo this is do or die vs barca, if he chokes in these 2 matches I am quite sure Mourinho won't play him in the next league Clasico or in the possible CL tie. I hope and would like to think that Ronaldo will play much better in these matches than the previous Clasicos, time will tell.

Our backline will definitely have problems against Barcelona and I can see them scoring 2 to 3 goals against us which is a very optimistic prediction. There is not much we can do except try to outscore Barcelona, and to achieve this, we need to be very lethal in the finishing department which we weren't in the last Clasico.

As a sidenote I believe Nuri Sahin would be the key for our midfield, but since he hasn't played a lot I doubt he will start in any of the Clasicos this season.
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:50 am

of course we have to rely on counter attacks.. we are not going to keep 50 percent possession against them.. why not sit back and counter, at least we ll still be playing after 60 minutes unlike the league match
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:54 am

We usually can't counter becouse Xabi isn't launching them

Like bhends said our past goals have come from pressing and getting a corner

Whatever happens don't play Raul Albiol Mou... just don't
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:16 am

ohh crap

im gonna sue the spanish fa for the traffic issues we get here because of the classicos
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Only 2 years ago the winner was a non-Barca/Madrid team. Madrid before last year had not won the trophy for something like 18 years, Raul has never won it in his life. It's entirely possible that the winner of the cup will be neither.
Well, luckily he won the German Cup (DFB-Pokal) in his first year with Schalke. Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next