Interesting Convo i had With an Argentine Guy Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Interesting Convo i had With an Argentine Guy

4 posters

Go down

Interesting Convo i had With an Argentine Guy Empty Interesting Convo i had With an Argentine Guy

Post by gnrfan Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:42 pm

So I was back in my collegetown on a shuttle from my airport. Next to me was an older guy who i learned was an engineer from argentina. Naturally the conversation turned to football, Maradona, and Messi. He did say Maradona was the best player he's seen but he thinks Messi could end up as good. When I brought up Maradona carrying a much weaker team to the wc though, he told me that was a total myth. He said that while many players were unknown outside argentina that team was very good individually and a far better unit than today's. Many of those players played on teams which won the copa libertadores, and beat the famous 80s juve and liverpool teams in international competitions.Otoh he said the current team is a mishmash of individuals and messi does very well given the circumstances. That got me wondering, does Maradona get more credit than he deserves for singlehandedly winning the wc? Was he the team's savior just the best player on a great team who had a good tournament?
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Interesting Convo i had With an Argentine Guy Empty Re: Interesting Convo i had With an Argentine Guy

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:46 pm

How do you compare or rate footballers in 80s to a modern one?. Him being surrounded with great players could be true, but then again football was different back then.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Interesting Convo i had With an Argentine Guy Empty Re: Interesting Convo i had With an Argentine Guy

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 pm

gnrfan wrote:So I was back in my collegetown on a shuttle from my airport. Next to me was an older guy who i learned was an engineer from argentina. Naturally the conversation turned to football, Maradona, and Messi. He did say Maradona was the best player he's seen but he thinks Messi could end up as good. When I brought up Maradona carrying a much weaker team to the wc though, he told me that was a total myth. He said that while many players were unknown outside argentina that team was very good individually and a far better unit than today's. Many of those players played on teams which won the copa libertadores, and beat the famous 80s juve and liverpool teams in international competitions.Otoh he said the current team is a mishmash of individuals and messi does very well given the circumstances. That got me wondering, does Maradona get more credit than he deserves for singlehandedly winning the wc? Was he the team's savior just the best player on a great team who had a good tournament?

Well, he did "single-handedly" win the World Cup! You can't deny that! Laughing
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:32 pm

i said it before that engineer
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down