Borriello 'honoured' to join Juve

Go down

Borriello 'honoured' to join Juve  Empty Borriello 'honoured' to join Juve

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:49 am

Marco Borriello is “truly honoured” to join Juventus. Watch video of his first interview since completing the transfer from Roma.

The striker cost €0.5m to take on loan and Juve have an option to make the move permanent for €8m in June.

“I am truly honoured to be here,” he told Juventus Channel. “It’s definitely a great recognition from one of the most prominent teams in the world and therefore it’s very exciting to be here.”

Borriello was asked about Antonio Conte’s current joint Serie A leaders, who are the only unbeaten side in Europe’s top Leagues.

“They’re certainly a balanced team, solid, battling, with hunger and they always play with added rhythm.

“They’ve greatly surprised me, and I hope that this team will enable me to express my qualities in the best possible way.

“I’ll immediately look to immerse myself in the group’s mentality and do the best I possibly can. I don’t want to state my objectives, but I certainly want to reach the maximum.

“We’ve spoken on the phone (with Conte), but we haven’t discussed my tactical role. He’s very focused on the game against Lecce. When we meet here on January 9, we’ll speak about it then.

“I’ve played with almost all the players in the squad at club or international level. With Mirko Vucinic at Roma, Andrea Pirlo at Milan. I often exchange text messages with Giorgio Chiellini, Simone Pepe and Pirlo.”

Borriello had the chance to join Juve in the summer of 2010, but he opted for Roma as they were willing to offer a permanent deal to Milan.

“I’d like to tell the fans that I never turned Juventus down, because Juventus is a club that you can’t say no to. I can only say that at that particular time a permanent transfer was the preferred option and therefore an agreement couldn’t be reached with Milan, so I never turned Juventus down.

“I don’t want to say anything more to the fans, because actions speak louder than words. I prefer to show what I can do on the pitch and honour this shirt in the best possible way.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down