Only Messi can do it (in history of football)

+20
kiranr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lord Hades
FilthyLuca
Le Samourai
Lord Awesome
Ganso
Albiceleste
El Chelsea Fuerte
Mr Nick09
Valkyrja
FennecFox7
Harmonica
DuringTheWar
The Franchise
the xcx
BarrileteCosmico
eelir
shinigami99
billionmillion
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Only Messi can do it (in history of football) - Page 2 Empty Re: Only Messi can do it (in history of football)

Post by billionmillion Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Pele was similar to Baggio, dribbling in standing position or in slow walking mode. Can not say anything about Zico, i saw his few dribbling moments on the net. he was mostly all about goals. Watching his few dribblings i think he is similar to kaka. But really he was probably best striker ever, people only watched r9 here. but zico can score from any situtation

on topic we are talking about
- changing directions at speed (not in standing or walking position)
- the ball must stick to your feet while doing it (not kicking and running after it).
- get past at least 3 players using this method

Required: Balance, Gravity, Technically great touches

one example in this video (no trick required)

He can even turn back while running, anybody did it before?

another example (a little trick required)

he keeps his balance greatly and tricks defender on the line without thinking or reducing his speed

billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Only Messi can do it (in history of football) - Page 2 Empty Re: Only Messi can do it (in history of football)

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Ronaldinho

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Congrats to you guys.Def up there with Pele and Maradona
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Only Messi can do it (in history of football) - Page 2 Di-WOHW

90 degree turn in the box, it's just insane.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:04 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Ronaldo fenomeno was probably one of the most explosive dribbler of all time, next to guys like Kaka or Romario. But he couldnt turn, weave in and out like Messi does. He was a power runner, would skin anyone next to him, but he wasnt as good changing directions the way Messi does.
Thats because of being tall, and being big? He lacked agility and flexibility thats fo sho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:22 pm

19v

Only Messi can do it (in history of football) - Page 2 Di-WGBJ

Only Messi can do it (in history of football) - Page 2 Di-CQQC

20v

Only Messi can do it (in history of football) - Page 2 Di-WOHW

Only Messi can do it (in history of football) - Page 2 Di-45A4
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:12 pm

boss of signatures :bow:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 am

when you are short its quite easy you know, its amazing actually because i am left footed and 169 cm too.. so i know you dont have to be a great dribbler, its easy to change directions n all.. of course messi must do it 1000 times better than me so one can only imagine how easy it must be for him to beat his man
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:51 pm

so why all short players can not dribble like messi if the key skill is being short?
This secret is not revealed yet
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:44 am

I subscribe to the theory. I'm tall, therefore, the only reason I can't dribble is my height, not my lack of talent banana
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:58 am

A tall Argentine.....lack of talent or not....get to centerback.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:10 am

Coloccini is 6 ft plus and very talented ( he's got more skills than most forwards in the epl Laughing )

He's ours anyways so GTFO argentina :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:18 am

Messi has got astonishingly quick and nimble feet. That is the explanation.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:36 am

The xcx wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Ronaldo fenomeno was probably one of the most explosive dribbler of all time, next to guys like Kaka or Romario. But he couldnt turn, weave in and out like Messi does. He was a power runner, would skin anyone next to him, but he wasnt as good changing directions the way Messi does.
Thats because of being tall, and being big? He lacked agility and flexibility thats fo sho.
[quote="The xcx"]
Yes it is. Ronaldo was quite muscular, but his muscles were elastic nonetheless, so much that he could still use his explosiveness and athleticism to change direction, and make it seems like he was never losing speed. But never was he the kind to make zig zag like dribbles between people. He would do tricks to get through 2 or more players, and then use his acceleration to bury them on the spot.

Ronaldinho is another one that was relatively tall, but he had the most unusual body in football, he was incredibly elastic.

If you investigate, you will find that all the most dangerous dribblers of all time are almost all under 183cm, and i mean those players that could run circles around you. Pele, Best, cruyff, Zico, Rivelino, Baggio, Zola etc...

billionmillion wrote:so why all short players can not dribble like messi if the key skill is being short?

Body morphology is not the same for every short player. Messi obviously is very unique, just look at how many times he moves his legs on a run and how quickly he does it. It was said before that his center of gravity is particularly low, so it's very complicated to make him lose his balance. Add to it his ridiculous close control, which he developed and perfected overtime, it looks as good as Maradona's, and you have yourself a monster dribbler.

Other short players with different bodies simply might not achieve what Messi does. Sanchez for example, incredibly explosive, yet, his body is not the same as messi, and his close control is not up there yet.

Marcelo is also one that has a very low center of gravity for his size, and you can see just how unpredictable he is when he dribbles. Isco as well, but he is the taller of them all, not yet developed tho, he is going to be a fantastic dribbler imo.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:55 am

I think Messi is so good at dribbling, because he has the most perfect technique, optimal body, and because of that, he can use all of the time to vision and calculate his surroundings better, and plan all the moves beforehand. That's why defenders seem always so slow and too late on the tackles.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:41 pm

I do agree on the concept of shorter players having an advantage in turning and generally speaking dribbling... Very rarely we see an Ibra but great short dribblers are uncountable..

The two players i personally believe to have the closest "in speed" (not technique) sharp turns, and moves to Messi are both Brazilian, Denilson and Ronaldinho. Denilson in particular.

But Messi has an advantage over most of them, that is basically having more sensitive touches on the ball letting it stay close to his body, simply a total fear machine for anyone on the other side...
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Coloccini is 6 ft plus and very talented ( he's got more skills than most forwards in the epl Laughing )

He's ours anyways so GTFO argentina :coffee:

He was never yours to begin with. His talent and haircut were deviced in argentina. You are just borrowing him until his greatness returns to the homeland.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Speaking about Messi's dribbling, an argentine national team medic said about messi that the thing that surprised him the most when he was examining him was his movement ratio. Said that it was much faster than what is normal for a football player.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:19 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

billionmillion wrote:so why all short players can not dribble like messi if the key skill is being short?

Body morphology is not the same for every short player. Messi obviously is very unique, just look at how many times he moves his legs on a run and how quickly he does it. It was said before that his center of gravity is particularly low, so it's very complicated to make him lose his balance. Add to it his ridiculous close control, which he developed and perfected overtime, it looks as good as Maradona's, and you have yourself a monster dribbler.

Other short players with different bodies simply might not achieve what Messi does. Sanchez for example, incredibly explosive, yet, his body is not the same as messi, and his close control is not up there yet.

Marcelo is also one that has a very low center of gravity for his size, and you can see just how unpredictable he is when he dribbles. Isco as well, but he is the taller of them all, not yet developed tho, he is going to be a fantastic dribbler imo.
i agree with this. and i think people give very less credit to his technique. i think the reason between other short players and messi is technique. the way he touches the ball while running and changing direction is amazing. no mistakes at touches while running. very very close control and its hard to get the ball from him

to do this requires too much technique and i think technique is not only measured how you control the ball with your chest or using tricky ways (like zidane). technique also measured how you control the ball while dribbling
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:21 am

i wouldnt know about tall player, heck i was only sharing my own experiences, since i havent got that much of talent but ican dribble pretty well.. its easy to change directions , hold off people,especially if you have a stocky build.. and considering messi is the same height and weight , i was maknig a reasonable assumption that his shorter height makes it easier for him to dribble..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sunjeev Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Mess
jiopsi wrote:I think Messi is so good at dribbling, because he has the most perfect technique, optimal body, and because of that, he can use all of the time to vision and calculate his surroundings better, and plan all the moves beforehand. That's why defenders seem always so slow and too late on the tackles.

Only Messi can do it (in history of football) - Page 2 IA5noa8UFhfYB

My thoughts exactly, also where did you get that Messi signature gif.

sunjeev
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Very well explained.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2