Deja Vu

5 posters

Go down

Deja Vu Empty Deja Vu

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Don't expect a level-headed analysis or critique in this thread as you can expect only a rant which is spawned from the sheer inconsistencies of this season.

Why a Deja Vu? All looked familiar didn't it? We always start off brightly to the brilliant atmosphere of anfield against a lower table side and have a few close chances within the first 10. Yet as the progresses, despite our smooth, flowing and attractive football our chances created decrease along with the pass completion rate, end product, ingenuity and of course, our consistency. Within the dying embers of the match the frustration increases from the head-scratching decision making or wayword crosses/passes. It usually ends 0-0 with us dominating yet having more shots than a cowboy at a shooting range.

2nd half begins as improvement is shown yet begins to become the same old first half story except that our BP raises every 5 minutes due to the fact that each shot becomes closer and closer until we wonder what we have done to deserve this. By the 70th minute, a goal from nowhere is there from a sheer blunder of one of our players of that its still a stalemate. By the 80th, our play improves yet always one man makes us groan with fury from a ridiculous decision to make a shot from 78 yards, or a cross that hits a pigeon, or a pass meant for anyone but our players, or just a poor decision all in all.

By the dying embers of the match is where we wake up knowing we have to score but unfortunately a CB turns into Scriea and the opposing GK turns into Zoff, and usually against Andy Carroll.

Funny thing is this usually happens when a rival drops points. Notice that as well?

Questions & Notes:

-Despite doing well with his movement and simple distribution, why is it that Jordan Henderson can't get out of his comfort zone and actually opt for something aside from a square pass, or long range shot, or just shying away from the game? Lack of confidence? Yes, but we NEED more from him

-Downing has finally shown that he can actually cause trouble down the flanks with his surprising display of pace and dribbling. But can he show the end product he is known for? And can he do this against better opposition? Improvement nonetheless

-Adam is hot and cold. For every great pass there is a shitty pass, for every great decision there is another worse one. He NEEDS to learn on how to control the game and dictate tempo with his passes & play. At least he doesn't take set-pieces anymore (one that he excelled in) And he should be no where near defending as every tackle he makes is a catastrophe as lazy leg up was daft. I couldn't decide who was at fault, Enrique for not realizing a ball sailed over his head, or that Adam has the fitness level of a hippo.

-Carroll was good today yet the ONLY problem I have with him is his anticipation or instinct to sniff a goal. That, or his movement within the box as its nearly non-existent. Every cross that comes in he simply doesn't move towards it or does not anticipate. He needs to do that and bully the CBs as he did near the end of the game, unlike the whole other time. As mentioned, I am 100% confident he is capable of it all, yet needs to work harder and work on his movement. AND CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE HE GOT HIS BLACK EYE FROM? Not a good sign. But do you know what is the worst thing? The factor that isn't his fault. Its how every player goes into HOOF TO ANDY mode when they see him despite him showing his nifty foot skills, touches and a couple of good passes (ignore the bad ones, believe me he showed what he is capable of).

And I ask.... HOW THE HELL HAS ANYONE NOT CORRECTED THIS!!! This isn't the Liverpool way of part of Kenny's system.

-Suarez? Same old story. For every moment of genius, he frustrates us by doing too much by himself or squandering chances along with his finishing. I have a theory that Suarez until his first goal will not be that Suarez we know as the goal drought has frustrated him to the point of being selfish, impulsive and loosing his cool head. Ever seen him after his first goal? He creates for the team, is more accurate in his en devours and dribbles. It means that he needs to return to his goal scoring so that the lack of goals won't affect his temper.

-Enrique was terrific in every aspect except his final third with his shooting and crossing. I hope he improves upon his final decision making.

-Gerrard... oh boy my heart jumped alongside the whole of anfield when he was jogging down the sidelines. When he came on, he did more then adam and hendo did the whole game with his superbly incisive passes, decisions, runs and presence. He took the game by the balls and showed Adam how to do it. Aside from that one wayward shot he was perfect. Favorite moment: His first touch. Good news for today.

The wing play needs to improve that our wingers drop deeper so that the full back can overlap hence creating a two way output partnership. Small note, but vital in the end as our wing play is inconsistent as the deliveries from there.

Conclusion: I could go on, but the biggest worry is the lack of players actually in the box when we need them as usually you will see only 1-2 when someone is making a run down the pitch or the flank. Anyone notice this? Or the fact that our positioning and composure within the box is poor along with the final third AS A WHOLE. Combine these factors along with the fact that the lack of goals his affected the team confidence and composure within that area as a whole.

Taking into account the hoards of shots compared with as many goals as the amount of hair on art morte's head, it shows how Kenny and Clarke need to work on overall consistencies within our play the final third as every other area we look quite sound. Kenny's system and tactics are spot on, yet our EXECUTION is poor whether its those occasional long range shots, or hoofs, or anything else that prevents that goal.

Am I worried? No, yet the only bad things out of these is not for the future but for the top 4 and the points accumulated.

Simply put, we need not only consistency in our points, but within the pitch as the potential and capability is there, yet not that precision or consistency.

Oh yea, and the way its going, I prefer to have every game of ours away and against a bigger team, if you know what I mean.

P.S: This whole thread is simply a product of the sheer fury of todays result and purely knee jerk. Yet I will respond more calmer and with more in depth analysis once my anger is cooled.

If you want more specificity, do ask.

Edit: And why is it that every ref we have for these games is a total piece of shit along with the smartass linesman who think they've seen it all from the 20 metres where they are at? BPL refs are by far the worst in the world of football
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Deja Vu Empty Re: Deja Vu

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:53 am

Arq once more you just summarized exactly how i feel after this draw....It's so frustrating to not capitalize when our main rivals for the 4th spot lose points. And for our goal scoring problem, the wayward finishing of our forwards is a worry, but i think the main reason (and Arq u touched on this as well) is the lack of players in the box when chances are created. This is major problem because even with a purchase of a new striker we're still not going to be scoring as much as we'd like unless our midfielders start making runs into the box to have more bodies in there. Stevie being back could possibly be the solution for this problem, and i think he will be but it's a major problem Kenny needs to adjust.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:44 am

The refs shouldn't be blamed. We're goal shy. It's our biggest problem.

And... it's hardly knee jerk now. We havn't been "unlucky"; our finishing has been dreadful. I'd take 5 shots and 3 points over 20 shots and a draw. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the way we play, but what's the point of playing well if every draw feels like defeat afterwards?

I'm not sure what happened at the start of 2011 where we were scoring goals left, right and centre... but we need to go back to that. We need to attack as a team. We need midfielders to get into the box, and we need to stop playing out of form players. (Looking at Adam.)

Leiva was a massive blow. Not only was he good at breaking opposition attacks, but he controlled the game. He controlled the tempo throughout the games played. He also got rid of any opposition counters with ease, and instead of us worrying about conceding... we were back on the other side of the pitch creating chances... we're yet to cover up this problem.

Gerrard will definitely help. But he is no Leiva. He's played the more discipline CM role under Kenny thus far, but he's no defensive midfielder. You could see how many times players ran passed him in the last game. We really need to stop relying on him. He's definitely our best player, and it's great to see we can win games without him but he's not going to fix all the problems. I'd put him back in the hole. His drive and passion will hopefully get us kick-started to finally put the ball in the back of the net.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Steven Gerrard is still our best player....the gap of quality between him and Adam when he came on was like gap of quality between Iniesta and Dean Whitehead.

If we want any chance of bite in front of opposition's goal, or 4th this season, Gerrard must stay fit for rest of this season.

And yes, Gerrard is better than Suarez

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Sepi wrote:Steven Gerrard is still our best player....the gap of quality between him and Adam when he came on was like gap of quality between Iniesta and Dean Whitehead.

If we want any chance of bite in front of opposition's goal, or 4th this season, Gerrard must stay fit for rest of this season.

And yes, Gerrard is better than Suarez

None of us ever doubted that.....Stevie brings way more to our game with his brilliance.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:21 am

Thank you guys for the feedback as I pretty much agree with all your opinions here.

Fact is we need a run of games with goals to bring back that goal-scoring instinct to redeem that confidence and conviction in decisions as the team chemistry has seemed to taken a hit within the past 2-3 games.

This also must be blamed with the fact that Kenny for all his brilliance must stop playing the 442 as this is outdated, rigid and does not suit his system imo.

Gerrard better than Suarez? Apples and Oranges as they both excel in each others paces.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:46 am

Conclusion: I could go on, but the biggest worry is the lack of players actually in the box when we need them as usually you will see only 1-2 when someone is making a run down the pitch or the flank. Anyone notice this? Or the fact that our positioning and composure within the box is poor along with the final third AS A WHOLE. Combine these factors along with the fact that the lack of goals his affected the team confidence and composure within that area as a whole.

Spot on.Our biggest problem is lack of players arriving in dangerous positions.I think along with Gerrard we are missing Meireles from last season too in this regard.

Gerrard staying fit with hopefully Carroll finding form will turn around our season.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:44 am

Gerrard will make Carroll find the form.

He made him look like the player Kenny wanted in 30 minutes!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:10 am

ynwa wrote:Gerrard will make Carroll find the form.

He made him look like the player Kenny wanted in 30 minutes!

Agreed 100% . . . its like everyone puts the ball in the box . . but Gerrard makes it 10 times more decisive . . :bow:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum